Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Colin Cowherd

HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
picks NE to win by 14-17. Thinks it won't be close.

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Only way the Patriots win by that amount is IF the offense can't do anything and commits a ton of turnovers

We already saw what happens when that occurs in the NFC title game ...

When was the last time #3 lost a game by more than 1 score?
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited January 2015
    I don't hate the Patriots. I've actually kinda liked them, especially how Belichick has been able to plug in new players and keep having continued success. But, I wouldn't mind the Seahawks plungering them, just to see all the so-called pundits be wrong.

The Seahawks continue to be disrespected, which totally plays into the players' hands. They just use it as motivation. If the Seahawks lose, it won't be because they were unprepared and unfocused.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    It's an underdog team that relishes being in the underdog role
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Cowherd can fuck off
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    The Seahawks haven't lost a game by double digit points since Nov. 6, 2011. Anyone predicting a Pats blowout is pretty stupid, if they win it will be close. Pete with 2 weeks to prepare is also crazy, crazy good.
  • Options
    Lots of people like to talk about all the times Cowherd is wrong
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Does anyone know the last time an NFL team lost a playoff game when they lost turnover -3? I know the Jets turned the ball over 5 time in 1983 and beat the Raiders, but the Raiders also turned it over 5 times and some team had to win.

The GB game did not need anything extra ordinary (like the onside kick) even with the -2 difference.

Winning games when you lose turnovers -3 is really difficult, and the Seahawks did it. The Seahawks tried to give that game to the Packers, and the Packers were not good enough to take it.
  • Options
    claychaclaycha Member Posts: 662
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Lots of people like to talk about all the times Cowherd is wrong

Maybe there's just lots of talking because he IS wrong so often.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2015
    Tequilla said:

Only way the Patriots win by that amount is IF the offense can't do anything and commits a ton of turnovers

I saw a stat somewhere that read the seahawks haven't lost by 10+ 60 something games running. I think the next closest team is at 18.

The streak goes through Russell's entire career, so he's never lost by more than 3 fgs. If that doesn't scream "winner" I don't know what does.

But to the point of thread, highly unlikely they lose by a double digit margin.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

Week 2

But yeah, no fucking way Seattle loses by 17.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fatigue makes cowards of us all. They run Lynch 5 or 10 times in the first half just to soften things up. Defenses are all geared up and they do a pretty good job. You also spread the field and run the defense around. Then in the second half the tired defense doesn't want to tackle Lynch anymore and you smash him into them time after time. There's a reason the Hawks do so well in the 4th quarter. It's not an accident
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Fatigue makes cowherds of us all. They run Lynch 5 or 10 times in the first half just to soften things up. Defenses are all geared up and they do a pretty good job. You also spread the field and run the defense around. Then in the second half the tired defense doesn't want to tackle Lynch anymore and you smash him into them time after time. There's a reason the Hawks do so well in the 4th quarter. It's not an accident

crisped