Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kim hints that KJR is telling him to sell his couch

Comments

• unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    edited January 2015

Doogles said:

I just don't know how you say recruiting was boring. I never was an insider, and never really got that into which kid is at the stadium so maybe Sark had a few more of those guys.

But the end product is all that matters, this class on paper according to the rankings of scout, is right where we usually are, except actually balanced. If I was into recruiting, I wouldn't feel like Pete failed at all. He kept the best in state guys at home. A 5 star from outside the area is a "big splash", but the only one I can think of that inked to UW is Shaq and before that Kaufman. That's not how UW gets it done.

The way it was written by dawgman, we would be lucky to be in the top 40. The theory has been debunked. Pete can recruit.

Charles Frederick was a 5 star.
    Speaking of which, whatever happened to our Boca Raton pipeline?

Lil' Kim is indeed a desperate man, there's nothing more off-putting
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tequilla said:

KJR elimininating that POS radio show would be the smartest thing KJR has done in years

#FireEliseAgain
  • kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    Very simply, KJR is paying them to generate content - they've either been told that they can't generate enough ad revenue to justify paying them to do shitty radio, or they've told them to find their own advertisers to support the show (which they can't do).

Either way, I'm still not interested.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    If my name was KJV, I would like to fancy myself as a fucking brilliant CEO ...

Problem is that KJV doesn't know the first thing about business.

If I ran a recruiting website, it wouldn't take me too long to realize that my bread and butter product that generates the balance of my revenue is a subscriber based system that is founded off of 1) providing "inside" information that nobody else can get and 2) having a loyal community that is unrivaled by any competitor.

As soon as the radio show started, not only was the CEO cannibalizing his product by offering up free beer to anybody paying attention, but also more importantly did a great job of discrediting themselves by proving to me somewhere between unprofessional and unknowledgeable.

Information is a commodity that is difficult to replicate. Building a strong community and loyal following takes a long time to build and is far easier to lose than it is to rebuild.

There were numerous examples where said CEO took such a community for granted and overplayed his hand. The worst thing you can ever do is to take your consumer for granted. Unless you offer such a unique service that it cannot be replicated (which is a rarity), the consumer ALWAYS has competing choices. The consumer (in general) will prefer to be loyal and people in a general sense don't like change. Yet, how many of his consumers has said CEO sabotaged?

It's a really interesting business case study that is way too common because few realize that their actions have downstream implications and fail to map out and realize what things matter and instead spend way too much time focusing on the things that don't matter.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Tequilla said:

KJR elimininating that POS radio show would be the smartest thing KJR has done in years

barely beating out the firing of Elise
    dhdawg said:

Tequilla said:

barely beating out the firing of Elise
    Half success ... they retained Jerry as part of that.
  • seatownfunkseatownfunk Member Posts: 806
    H_D said:

... It's tough when the Armenian semen on your lower lip goes dry ...

... Then all you've got left is 737 pounds of smelly ass crack that you share a cubicle with across the street from Vinos Lounge.

#PimpinAintEazy
    Axe venoy
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,378 Founders Club
    This thread: sweatpantsboner.gif
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    have any of you even stopped to consider tLPT show might be going NATIONAL?
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    kh83 said:

Very simply, KJR is paying them to generate content - they've either been told that they can't generate enough ad revenue to justify paying them to do shitty radio, or they've told them to find their own advertisers to support the show (which they can't do).

Either way, I'm still not interested.

No fucking way.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    Despite this class having a ranking on par with Sark's top classes, Kim says it's not spectacular by any means and that CP and co. were still using their BSU recruiting tactics. Luckily they have learned their lesson thanks to Kim's constant criticism and hopefully someday CP can get his recruiting on par with Sark. When posters pointed out some facts comparing CP and Sark's classes, Kim's gives his default "we'll just have to wait and see. it will be interesting" response. GFY KG

Hey, I know that girl.

have any of you even stopped to consider tLPT show might be going NATIONAL?

That ALMOST got me to LOL while sitting on the John at John Wayne Airport
  • DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    Chelsie is holding a can of mace behind her back