Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jon Quitna

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2015

Whether he got out because it was too hard, whether he's just looking for the next coaching gig, you can't knock Kitna for what he did during the 3 years he was there. He propelled that team. They were a couple of mistakes away from winning the 3A championship (after Eastside Catholic beat Bellevue, some of the players said that Lincoln also could have beaten Bellevue).

Kitna gave thousands of dollars to that school. The GPA's of football players doubled during his time there. Some kids mentioned that he gave them hope, got them to focus on school and seek an education, instead of just cruise through high school while running the streets. He spent extra time with kids outside of class. A lot of teachers do that, but to answer comments in this post, if he was there ONLY to coach and didn't care about his teaching job, he could have just punched the clock.

Moreover, he didn't even have to teach. He could have found a place that would have wanted him as athletic director/coach or just coach. I don't understand why anyone bothers to criticize him, given all the things that he did for Lincoln in the short time he was there. It's also pretty noble that he's taking staff with him and looking out for those around him. If the Texas job is a blessing and promotion to Jon, then he's letting others get in on that blessing. What, truly, is there to criticize?

Kitna gave everything he had to Lincoln and those kids. He had big dreams and a vision for the program that unfortunately, was not shared by the Tacoma district administration. A new opportunity arose and he took it, which is the EXACT same thing all his detractors from the cheap seats would have done.
    Lincoln was never going to get more money from the district than any other public school. He knew that going in.

The move was for his family. The rest of it is mostly bs.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Talking out your ass seems to be the only thing you're good at Road dog.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Why is this even an issue?

Unless you have any direct ties to Lincoln HS, why would you care one way or another?

I get caring because another good in-state coach and program could create additional opportunities for kids to go to the UW ... but barring that ... way too many people are bent out of shape on this one for no reason.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Unless you have any direct ties to Lincoln HS, why would you care one way or another?

I get caring because another good in-state coach and program could create additional opportunities for kids to go to the UW ... but barring that ... way too many people are bent out of shape on this one for no reason.

Why care about anything? I care because I played in the same league and have always followed it. I also know the dynamics and history of Lincoln football from the early 2000's on.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

Why do we get out of bed in the morning? Why do you even poast here? Talk shit, smoke weed. Lather, rinse, repeat.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

Tequilla said:

Why care about anything? I care because I played in the same league and have always followed it. I also know the dynamics and history of Lincoln football from the early 2000's on.
    I never played for Lincoln or in the Narrows League. I do know Jon Kitna and several players and parents on the team. I know what he's tried to do at Lincoln and the pushback throughout the Tacoma district he got as his plan developed, kids wanted to come play for him and coaches/parents/administrators at other schools became concerned and began forming opposition to his plan.
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    Bellarmine Prep says thanks
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Dick_B said:

Bellarmine Prep says thanks

Time to hand out a few more "diversity scholarships"