Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What kind of penalty should New England get for deflategate?

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
I know they're probably going to lose a draft pick of some sort again and I would guess that's it, but I think there should be some type of suspensions. I've never been a Pats hater, and don't think they're winning can only be ascribed to cheating. But this is the second major cheating scandal under Bellichek's watch, and I think he has to pay the price for it.

If a player pops a second positive drug test they get like four games. A second cheating scandal for a coach should be worth at least 8. I'm not hooking it up here - I want him to coach the SB. I don't want any asterisks after the Seahawks win. But if I was the NFL, Bellichek would miss the first half of next season. Of course if I was the NFL Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice would be playing and Roger Goodell would be door. ass. out. so I'm sure this won't happen.

What penalty do you guys think would be appropriate, if any?

Comments

• BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    edited January 2015
    "major cheating scandal"

lololololol
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,748 Founders Club
    A huge fine and some suspension time for Belichick is justified. I think your 8 game suspension is fair. The fine needs to be in the $1 million range.
  • LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,675 Standard Supporter
    edited January 2015
    WTF kind of pole is this ?? The o/u is 5
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
  • Citrus4TroogsCitrus4Troogs Member Posts: 248
    Nothing; I'm thinking that this is just what Belichick wants: no one is talking about his team's injuries or play schemes or anything else except dumb shit like PSI limits and ball handling protocol. IMO, the Hawks match up well and should win, so any punishment levied prior to the game will add the dreaded asterisk for you guys.

Bringing it back to CFB, Pete knows all about incurring a huge penalty for his program due to a completely arrogant response to a minor infraction; he wasn't sanctioned during his Troog days by the NCAA for paying Bush, but rather for being a complete dick about the investigation.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Blackie said:

"major cheating scandal"

lololololol

We could debate whether it's worthy of being major or not. It's all any sports media wants to talk about, as Spygate was once upon a time. I think that's basically the definition of a major scandal.
    dnc said:

Blackie said:

"major cheating scandal"

lololololol

We could debate whether it's worthy of being major or not. It's all any sports media wants to talk about, as Spygate was once upon a time. I think that's basically the definition of a major scandal.
    Go ahead and accept what the media tells you is important and relevant. It's your choice, after all.
    Blackie said:

dnc said:

Blackie said:

"major cheating scandal"

lololololol

Go ahead and accept what the media tells you is important and relevant. It's your choice, after all.
    poont taken.

So I'll put you down as "no penalty"? Did you think losing a draft pick after spygate was too harsh?
  • fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    Fine $50,000 for team
    Fine 50,000 Bellichik
    Fine $25,000 Brady

If it happens again double fines
    And a 5th round pick

The truth of the matter is that it had zero impact on the gayme.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,748 Founders Club

Fine $50,000 for team
    Fine 50,000 Bellichik
    Fine $25,000 Brady

If it happens again double fines
    And a 5th round pick

The truth of the matter is that it had zero impact on the gayme.

Those fines are way too light, considering that Lynch's nut-grabbing and not talking to the media get fined at a higher rate.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Nothing happens to him.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    dnc said:

Blackie said:

dnc said:

Blackie said:

"major cheating scandal"

lololololol

poont taken.

So I'll put you down as "no penalty"? Did you think losing a draft pick after spygate was too harsh?
    If it can be shown the patriots are responsible for this (duh), then yeah, some penalty is probably warranted since there was likely some degree of "unfair" competitive advantage achieved. What that penalty should be - I don't know, but not anything of great significance. It's roughly equivalent to corking a bat in my mind.

Re: spygate. Stupid rule. They were subjected to far more of a penalty than just a draft pick, fwiw.
  • ScroteDawgScroteDawg Member Posts: 238
    This is their 3rd incident, is it not? Didn't they get popped for videotaping other teams' defensive signals during games? Or was that included in the spygate mess? Either way, I think they're going to get nailed. Sean Payton got suspended for an entire season for the bounty bullshit that was done by his DC. I don't see how Bellichick skates on this one, given his past indiscretions. That said, WGAF what the air pressure of the ball is. Didn't impact that game at all. The Colts plungered themselves.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,551 Founders Club
    Fines
    Two draft picks
    Suspend Belicheat for 5-8 gaymes, probably the OC for the same (he probably knew), and pretty boy for two (he knew)

This is their 3rd incident, is it not? Didn't they get popped for videotaping other teams' defensive signals during games? Or was that included in the spygate mess? Either way, I think they're going to get nailed. Sean Payton got suspended for an entire season for the bounty bullshit that was done by his DC. I don't see how Bellichick skates on this one, given his past indiscretions. That said, WGAF what the air pressure of the ball is. Didn't impact that game at all. The Colts plungered themselves.

No question about that

• MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,538 Swaye's Wigwam
    Starting to talk NFL on this bored is going to cause some to LEAVE!!