Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's getting to be like Nazi Germany around there
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    You know who else had a weird fascination with the location of all the jews?
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    H_D said:

You know who else had a weird fascination with the location of all the jews?

Puppy love?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Shits getting serious over there.

Paris, of all places, may be the place that defines what Western society is going to do about this shit.

Laugh all you want; but consider this: the French love the French. They like their culture and they don't want it fucked with. They also need people to go there and spend money. The French are FUCKED without tourism. Couple that with the Jewish issue, and you may have unprecedented (in modern times at least) aggression in dealing with this shit. I'm talking immigration, deportation and other types of regulatory control that will surely offend the civil libertarians among us.

The bottom line is that France CANNOT afford for this to happen. I was just there over the summer, and I can tell you that I did not see any people of obvious middle eastern decent when there. Lots of black people (presumably north African) and white people in the city. But the brownies are locked in the burbs. I'm told it's nearly impossible for someone who looks like a middle eastern or whose name would suggest the same to get a job in the city. Nobody wants them there.

I may be overreacting, but tell me how long will it stand for the city police to tell ALL JEWISH BUSINESSES in the fucking Marais to shut and lock down? That's like telling the investments banks on Wall Street to take a day off and not make any money because there's concern that someone's going to come blow up your offices. Shit would hit the fan here if that were the case.

May see some increase in police power and an erosion of sorts in civil liberties and privacy rights over the next several decades. This shit isn't getting better; it's already hit us here on American soil twice. London is a cauldron for this shit and been relatively lucky THUS FAR, and now this going on in Paris.

I don't know. At some point, you can't eat privacy, and civil liberties can protect you from the government but it can't protect you from the crazies.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I certainly don't know a single French Jew still living in France... might have legs.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

I certainly don't know a single French Jew still living in France... might have legs.

I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not. Le Marais is 'Jew Town' in Paris. That's the Jewish district. There are lots of Jews in Paris proper.

My sister is there right now. The city was on lock down. It's not the two brothers. It's the reaction to hunting them down that's the issue. You could have hostage crises popping up all over the fucking place. There are suburbs of Paris that are 100% muslim to which you are told not to even approach, much less go into for an "experience." There are a lot of towel heads in France.

When Western Europe becomes an unsafe place to travel (and thus to live), what are the global consequences? Particularly concerning is that those two butt fucks were born and raised in Paris - sons of Algerian immigrants. That's scary. That could be Detroit.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2015

Shits getting serious over there.

Paris, of all places, may be the place that defines what Western society is going to do about this shit.

Laugh all you want; but consider this: the French love the French. They like their culture and they don't want it fucked with. They also need people to go there and spend money. The French are FUCKED without tourism. Couple that with the Jewish issue, and you may have unprecedented (in modern times at least) aggression in dealing with this shit. I'm talking immigration, deportation and other types of regulatory control that will surely offend the civil libertarians among us.

Exactly what is needed. These insects are at war with the free world and it's about time we hit them back with a far stronger punch than the pussified shit we've been doling out so far. Just as long as we don't offend Kshama Sawant and the Seattle Muslim liberal elite in the process.

The bottom line is that France CANNOT afford for this to happen. I was just there over the summer, and I can tell you that I did not see any people of obvious middle eastern decent when there. Lots of black people (presumably north African) and white people in the city. But the brownies are locked in the burbs.

Plenty of sand chiggers riding the subways in Paris.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,313
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Creepy has a great point on the tourism aspect. It's the #1 tourist destination in the world.

The long-term conflict between Islamic values and Western values is slowly coming to a head.
  • Options
    whlinder said:

Creepy has a great point on the tourism aspect. It's the #1 tourist destination in the world.

The long-term conflict between Islamic values and Western values is slowly coming to a head.

And from what I could tell, tourism is just about all they do - subsidized industry doesn't really count; it's circular. Rome? Forget it. Those fuckers would starve if it weren't for tourists.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not. Le Marais is 'Jew Town' in Paris. That's the Jewish district. There are lots of Jews in Paris proper.

My sister is there right now. The city was on lock down. It's not the two brothers. It's the reaction to hunting them down that's the issue. You could have hostage crises popping up all over the fucking place. There are suburbs of Paris that are 100% muslim to which you are told not to even approach, much less go into for an "experience." There are a lot of towel heads in France.

When Western Europe becomes an unsafe place to travel (and thus to live), what are the global consequences? Particularly concerning is that those two butt fucks were born and raised in Paris - sons of Algerian immigrants. That's scary. That could be Detroit.
    You have your anecdotal evidence, I have mine. I still don't know any still living in Paris. It sounds like you don't either but you have a sister who thinks she might, ok.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

And from what I could tell, tourism is just about all they do - subsidized industry doesn't really count; it's circular. Rome? Forget it. Those fuckers would starve if it weren't for tourists.
    Wine. Grey Goose.

De Gaulle, for all its warts, is a one of the biggest global airports in the world and functions as a primary transit point for Europe/Africa to the rest of the world.

They've got plenty of multi-national firms that aren't that subsidized (or aren't subsidized any more than U.S. companies). IT firms, Airbus, etc.

But yeah, tourism is #1, and in addition to Paris when you add in Cote d'Ivoire (Nice, Cannes, Monaco. So much fucking money there), the wine regions, Omaha Beach they are really dependent.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,249
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

whlinder said:

Wine. Grey Goose.

De Gaulle, for all its warts, is a one of the biggest global airports in the world and functions as a primary transit point for Europe/Africa to the rest of the world.

They've got plenty of multi-national firms that aren't that subsidized (or aren't subsidized any more than U.S. companies). IT firms, Airbus, etc.

But yeah, tourism is #1, and in addition to Paris when you add in Cote d'Ivoire (Nice, Cannes, Monaco. So much fucking money there), the wine regions, Omaha Beach they are really dependent.
    It's the Cote d'Azur. The Cote d'Ivoire is in Africa.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    oh fuck me. durrrr. I had to try and go all fancy schmancy with the cote d'whatever instead of the "south of France"
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,249
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

oh fuck me. durrrr. I had to try and go all fancy schmancy with the cote d'whatever instead of the "south of France"

Just like Little Carmine from the Sopranos who referred to Versailles as "Versales"
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    whlinder said:

whlinder said:

Wine. Grey Goose.

Little known fact, but Grey Goose was conjured up from nothing by an American businessmen to take advantage of free spending yuppie brand whore cocksuckers in the 90s. The more you know. #veblen

nymag.com/nymetro/news/bizfinance/biz/features/10816/