Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why Miami is Fucked, chapter 7,328,374,081

Comments

• BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    I know Nike underwrites your team, school and state...but cut a check for $75K right now if you think this matters.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    It doesn't matter anything near as much as firing Al Golden... but it matters

Adidas has been making Oregon look restrained and classy for a few years now
    I'd say for basketball it matters as the shoe alliances deliver HS players to colleges. For football, very little. Whatever bump in cred Nike gets, it is made up because adidas pays double what Nike does. Nike gear is better than Adidas but I don't think it hinders a program at all.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,546 Founders Club

According to the old white men on this board, kids like Adidas and Under Armour better.

That's a laugher. I play pick up ball too, and nothing but Nike and Jordan's is the formula. Occasionally somebody splurges the rent check and show's up with Lebron's.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

I'd say for basketball it matters as the shoe alliances deliver HS players to colleges. For football, very little. Whatever bump in cred Nike gets, it is made up because adidas pays double what Nike does. Nike gear is better than Adidas but I don't think it hinders a program at all.

Why do you think they pay double? If Adidas didn't pay double who would the schools choose?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,956 Founders Club
    I guess they should just wear their birthday suits!

Why do you think they pay double? If Adidas didn't pay double who would the schools choose?
    Because Nike has a stranglehold on this market. Adidas has to pay more to get a piece of it. Doesn't imply it makes a football program better in my opinion. Money definitely makes a program better though.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    I'd take any of the Adidas abominations over what Nike gives us every year. Nike clearly has an agenda to only provide shitty options to UW and we keep accepting their design ideas.
  • MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    PurpleJ said:

I guess they should just wear their birthday suits!

They can play wear pink tutus naked for all I care as long as they win.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Meek said:

I'd take any of the Adidas abominations over what Nike gives us every year. Nike clearly has an agenda to only provide shitty options to UW and we keep accepting their design ideas.

dpotd

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,640 Standard Supporter
    Unless you're a K-Swiss school, you ain't shit.

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,956 Founders Club
    Is it too much to ask to get some Malamute fur on the shoulder pad areas and a black/chrome sled to pull Pete out of the tunnel in?
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    PurpleJ said:

Is it too much to ask to get some Malamute fur on the shoulder pad areas and a black/chrome sled to pull Pete out of the tunnel in?

that would be awesome
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,987
    edited January 2015
    Meek said:

what a faggy little conspiracy theory you have going there. Jesus.

isn't the Nike contract with UW actually bigger than the one with Oregon?

In any event, there is no evidence to back your claim. I mean, most Husky fans hate 3/4s of Oregon's uniform rotation, so how would your theory fit there? Does Nike secretly hate UofO? You know, the school with the track program that basically invented the company?

tell me this: why do you hate American free enterprise and love inferior, Nazi-founded, Euro-fag, subsidized producers?

edited January 2015
    here's my take:

I support superior shit over inferior shit and I support free enterprise producers over Euro-subsidy producers and I support American ingenuity over Euro-copies and I support a couple of Oregon track guys with a waffle iron and a brilliant idea over two nationalist, filthy pig-latin speaking, Nazi party joining, mother fucking Krauts, every fucking day of the week, month and year.

adidas sucks and the people who like to wear it suck too, and since they like to suck they can suck my schlangel.

Doogism is one thing. Being a fucking turn coat Euro-trash loving traitor is quite another.

the day of reckoning will come for all of you adidas-supporting mother fuckers.
    I try to wear inferior adidas stuff whenever possible because it makes me feel like I'm doing my small part to not finance oregon football. And to answer your question, yes I'd support the Nazi's over Oregon, IWILTD.

hth

I try to wear inferior adidas stuff whenever possible because it makes me feel like I'm doing my small part to not finance oregon football. And to answer your question, yes I'd support the Nazi's over Oregon, IWILTD.

hth

then, as an American, I have to tell you that I hope something really fucking shitty happens to you on your way home tonight. where did you say you work again Heinrich? you fascist, sister-fucking, Godless piece o' shit?
    edited January 2015
    and one more thing: I'll be off the boards for the next few days. I just booked a flight to Miami to go straighten out some shit.

any mother fucker who likes those shoes, even a small amount, by definition likes to be on the receiving end of glory holes in the Castro. BY FUCKING DEFINITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!! YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club

and one more thing: I'll be off the boards for the next few days. I just booked a flight to Miami to go straighten out some shit.

any mother fucker who likes those shoes, even a small amount, by definition likes to be on the receiving end of glory holes in the Castro. BY FUCKING DEFINITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!! YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's about time somebody got rid of this mother fucker.