Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jeff Tedford/OC Talk

Is now going to coach the BC Lions in Canada.

There were some rumblings that he was courted for OC last season. He settled on Tampa Bay, then had health issues. Don't know if he wanted out or whatever. Maybe its just a one year gig, who knows. You'd have to think UW has the resources to get him. Was there a falling out with him and Gregory at Cal? Maybe that's why it didn't work out for UW.

Smith was not qualified for the job and is certainly not the kind of guy you want trying to implement a new offense. Pete needs to fix this mistake sooner rather than later.

Comments

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,165
    Anyone over Smith, but Tedford would be a fantastic hire. Head coaches who flamed out of the Pac-12 are doing pretty well at the whole offensive coordinator gig right now.
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    I think a big issue would be that Tedford was Peterson's boss at Oregon in the 90s, and now Peterson would be Tedford's boss at Washington. In most professions people don't like that, especially coaching. I thought his offenses were pretty good in Berkeley, he just went pear shaped with leadership and academic stuff and couldn't find a QB post Rodgers. Would be a great hire though for UW.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,746 Standard Supporter
    Tedford is going to be DC for the Cuogs.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    edited January 2015
    I wonder how close Tedford came to being the head coach at UW.

Big time boosters like @RaceBannon‌ were really pushin' his shit.

Other big time boosters, like @TierbsHsotBoobs‌, were pushing Hawkins.

The world may never know if it was Tedford not interested, or if Douche Helmet chose Willingham and Pool Boy chose Sark.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,055 Standard Supporter
    topdawgnc said:

I wonder how close Tedford came to being the head coach at UW.

Big time boosters like @RaceBannon‌ were really pushin' his shit.

Other big time boosters, like @TierbsHsotBoobs‌, were pushing Hawkins.

The world may never know if it was Tedford not interested, or if Douche Helmet chose Willingham and Pool Boy chose Sark.

Ummm. He had a contract!!!!1
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,928 Founders Club
    Tedford coached the Bears to the all time opponent scoring record at Husky Stadium
  • CanardCanard Member Posts: 504

Anyone over Smith, but Tedford would be a fantastic hire. Head coaches who flamed out of the Pac-12 are doing pretty well at the whole offensive coordinator gig right now.

Except for the one who put the fucking Sugar Bowl on the QB skills of Cyler Miles East.
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    Canard said:

Except for the one who put the fucking Sugar Bowl on the QB skills of Cyler Miles East.
    Their QB threw like this too?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Canard said:

Kiffin did a good job with Sims. Sims sucks talent wise, but was #2 in total QBR.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,556 Founders Club
    729 yards of offensive against Gilby at Cal. I was there. It fucking sucked.

You know you picked the wrong team when trips down memory lane in back to back threads makes me clinch cheeks in my sweatpants.

All I've ever known is the wrong end of the plunger.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    The weird thing about Smith is that when Peterman got hired, my only hope was that he didn't bring Prince as his OC. He was terrible. But little did I know he would bring somebody worse, with little to no credentials.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    H_D said:

Canard said:

Now you are just trying to kill me....
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

H_D said:

Canard said:

Now you are just trying to kill me....
    If there was a magazine that recapped the 2014 season, this should be the cover picture.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

A booster I knew very well at the time told me how he was the liaison between Tedford's agent and the UW. The agent allegedly told the UW booster that Tedford was interested in the UW job but under no circumstances was the UW to formally ask for permission to speak with Tedford. All initial communication was to go quietly through the agent via back channels.

Todd Turner then promptly asked Cal for formal permission to speak with Tedford. The UW booster soon received an irate from phone call from the agent asking "what the hell is going up there? What the hell is wrong with Turner? Can't you guys follow simple instructions?"

Is that the Mora school of contact negotiations? As such, Tahd is such a hairy fucktard.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,084 Founders Club
    Is Chip Kelly free?
  • BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    H_D said:

Canard said:

Open your eyes, and for godsake keep your back leg on the ground and drive off of it.

Seeing these pictures its truly remarkable that Miles was able to put up the stats he did. Anyone whose ever played the position or coached it is throwing up in their mouth.

Hell, my wife (who knows nothing and dislikes football) looked over my shoulder and exclaimed, "that doesn't look right, does it?"
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,632
    BayDawg said:

H_D said:

Canard said:

Open your eyes, and for godsake keep your back leg on the ground and drive off of it.

Seeing these pictures its truly remarkable that Miles was able to put up the stats he did. Anyone whose ever played the position or coached it is throwing up in their mouth.

Hell, my wife looked over my shoulder and exclaimed, "that doesn't look right, does it?"
    Just another day at Hardcore Husky

• CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986

Hell, my wife (who knows nothing and dislikes football) looked over my shoulder and exclaimed, "that doesn't look right, does it?"

Did she then look over at you and say, "I am so glad we have Pederman as OUR coach."

If not, you 2 need to take a walk together and gain some perspective.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    BayDawg said:

H_D said:

Canard said:

Pics?