Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Paging KenND

SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 953
edited January 2015 in Hardcore Husky Board
@KenND‌

You're probably feasting on corn beef and cabbage after that resounding Music City bowl, but....

I remember you bringing up the parallels of Petersen and Brian Kelly in the early innings of his ND regime. Any recent thoughts?

Was there a lot of attrition and bitching from Iroosh fans after year one as fat fuck Charlie Weiss' soft players were run off?

(look at that @guntlove‌)

Comments

• H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    That is the guntiest gunt of all college football gunts.
  • BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623

That's not healthy.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,803 Founders Club
    "You might have noticed that, uh, I've got a slight weight problem."

• CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    "I swallow a lot of aggression, along with a lot of pizza!!!"
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    edited January 2015
    PurpleJ said:

H_D said:

That is the guntiest gunt of all college football gunts.

touché
  • KenNDKenND Member Posts: 272
    I don't really remember Brian Kelly running off a bunch of players after he first took the job. ND always seems to come in under the 85-man scholarship limit, so I'm not sure that there was really a need to clear up the roster from that standpoint. In hindsight though, it probably would have been good if Kelly HAD cut a bunch of the dead weight. If he had done that, he might have avoided the player rebellion that happened in his second year.

As far as in-season parallels go, I haven't really noticed anything new because Washington finished the season so much differently than ND did. ND finished Kelly's first season strong by plungering Miami in their bowl game. Also, the defense had started coming into its own because the guys with the talent were younger and hadn't been ruined by Weis' fucktardedness. Obviously you don't need me to tell you that UW was pretty unimpressive against an average Oklahoma State team, and that the defense was pretty mediocre.

I actually think that there's a huge difference going into Petersen's second year. Even though UW has similar question marks at QB as ND did, Weis still left Kelly with a much better roster than the shit sandwich that Sark left for Petersen.