Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jake the Savior, Part II

PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,758 Founders Club
That's all we have to look forward to. We have to cross our fingers that he's actually an excellent QB and can lead this team for 2-3 years.

FYFMFE

Comments

• HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,257

CAN'T WAIT to hate him in 2016.

More like 2017.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Jake or hyphen start week 1. Or the season is over.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Gladstone said:

The season is already over. You don't lost your best players on defense and 4 OL and get drastically better. It's a rebuilding year.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,548 Founders Club
    edited January 2015

Gladstone said:

The season is already over. You don't lost your best players on defense and 4 OL and get drastically better. It's a rebuilding year.
    FUCK YOU ROAD!!!!

road's right.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,758 Founders Club

Gladstone said:

Youth an rebuilding for 15 years... awesome!
    LaZoris said:

my god.... how bad are lindquist and williams if they cant beat out cylee

Exactly.

If not, we are overpaying Peterman.

I hope it's the former.
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

Gladstone said:

81% chance you are right, but once in a blue moon, it does happen where a freshman QB comes in and has success.
    H_D said:

Gladstone said:

81% chance you are right, but once in a blue moon, it does happen where a freshman QB comes in and has success.
    Was he a true freshman?

H_D said:

Gladstone said:

Counting on a saviour at QB is ridiculous. Getting average QB play compared to the rest of the conference would be a success. That is especially true if it is Browning or KJCS.

The young OL and DL will need a season to gel. I'm hopeful we don't completely suck next year. 5-4 or 6-3 would be a very good season. We all hate the youth excuse, but it will be a young team. Some youth is fine, but not for both lines.
    I didn't say "Savior", I just want "serviceable".
    H_D said:

H_D said:

Gladstone said:

Was he a true freshman?
    I don't know. Stop trying to use facts to ruin my argument.
    You gave me a hope for a minute there.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited January 2015
    H_D said:

H_D said:

Gladstone said:

Counting on a saviour at QB is ridiculous. Getting average QB play compared to the rest of the conference would be a success. That is especially true if it is Browning or KJCS.

The young OL and DL will need a season to gel. I'm hopeful we don't completely suck next year. 5-4 or 6-3 would be a very good season. We all hate the youth excuse, but it will be a young team. Some youth is fine, but not for both lines.
    Me too, but serviceable won't get us contending when you look at the rest of the roster.

H_D said:

H_D said:

Gladstone said:

Was he a true freshman?
    I don't know. Stop trying to use facts to ruin my argument.
    You gave me a hope for a minute there.
    Besides, coming in early and participating in spring practice is just as good as redshirting.

#DoogLogic

H_D said:

H_D said:

Gladstone said:

Me too, but serviceable won't get us contending when you look at the rest of the roster.
    It will in all hypothetical January upcoming season debates.

But yeah, seriously, you're right.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    After this game, I might give up my left nut for 6-3 in conference.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

I'll wager $20 Sven bucks that we'll get better after losing 4 of these OL.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,548 Founders Club
    edited January 2015
    Road is right. Reading the Thursday Speeches book recently has put a lot of shit in perspective. We are eager as shit to see a winner at U-dub. Our hated (used to be) rival down south is playing for all the marbles and will probably succeed. We just lost to OkL in a bowl game nobody gives a fuck about. It's frustrating as fuck.

Couple that with the old joke 20XX is going to be special, and it's easy to mutiny. Next year IS a rebuilding year, by all measures, hall of fame coach or not. We are shit now, and lose legitimate talent in the trenches. If Browning is the future he'll be a true frosh, mistakes will be made.

Pete gets 3, and he has some serious staff eval to do on the offensive side of the ball, but when next year looks similar or worse don't be surprised.

Year 3 fellas.