Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

WOW the SEC is good...

2»

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

The SEC has 12 of 14 teams bowl eligible.

It clearly sucks.

You butthole, Boobie. WSU was bowl eligible last year. You schedule 4 non conference cupcakes and win 2 conference games and you're in.
    Only 8 of 12 Pac-12 teams could get in. They scheduled 3 non conference cupcakes like most SEC teams do. The SEC has more quality OOC wins than anyone else, except perhaps the ACC, so stop fucking that chicken.

For apples to apples sake:
    11 of 14 ACC teams are in (assuming Pitt holds on to win), 6 of 10 XII teams are in (Okie State has to be OU to be #7), and 10 of 14 B1G teams are in.

This data does correlate to my contention that the SEC and the ACC are the two best conferences in America. It will be interesting to see what the computers say.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

A simple, " I was wrong,the SEC is overrated this year" works fine. Gary Danielson is less of an SEC homer than some of you. Time to give Billy and Puppy a little credit. They might be extreme at times, but they have been mostly right.

Puppy has been more extreme. It has some good teams and is a good league. It also has some teams that were way overrated. SC was ranked ninth! Wtf are they now? Like 5-7? Georgia is 9-3 now? The Miss. schools meteoric rise from cowshit to top five was also a little much. They're living off great Rural Meyer FL and a couple of great Bama teams. That run is over. It's time to accept there aren't 11 SEC teams who would beat Ohio State.
  • Options

A simple, " I was wrong,the SEC is overrated this year" works fine. Gary Danielson is less of an SEC homer than some of you. Time to give Billy and Puppy a little credit. They might be extreme at times, but they have been mostly right.

Puppy has been more extreme. It has some good teams and is a good league. It also has some teams that were way overrated. SC was ranked ninth! Wtf are they now? Like 5-7? Georgia is 9-3 now? The Miss. schools meteoric rise from cowshit to top five was also a little much. They're living off great Rural Meyer FL and a couple of great Bama teams. That run is over. It's time to accept there aren't 11 SEC teams who would beat Ohio State.
    You're the fucktard that gave a shit about early season rankings.

By the way, since 6-6 Virginia Tech won in Columbus, there are actually 12 SEC teams who would beat Ohio State.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

It clearly sucks.

You butthole, Boobie. WSU was bowl eligible last year. You schedule 4 non conference cupcakes and win 2 conference games and you're in.
    Only 8 of 12 Pac-12 teams could get in. They scheduled 3 non conference cupcakes like most SEC teams do. The SEC has more quality OOC wins than anyone else, except perhaps the ACC, so stop fucking that chicken.

11 of 14 ACC teams are in (assuming Pitt holds on to win), 6 of 10 XII teams are in (Okie State has to be OU to be #7), and 10 of 14 B1G teams are in.

This data does correlate to my contention that the SEC and the ACC are the two best conferences in America. It will be interesting to see what the computers say.
    If you can't see how stupid this stat is, I can't help you.

• Options

It clearly sucks.

If you can't see how stupid this stat is, I can't help you.

Got a better way to measure overall depth of a conference?

I'm willing to listen.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited November 2014

By the way, since 6-6 Virginia Tech won in Columbus, there are actually 12 SEC teams who would beat Ohio State.
    I've explained why early season rankings matter already. Weak.
  • Options

They don't matter now. If they did, Mississippi State and TCU wouldn't have been ahead of Ohio State in the only rankings that matter.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    The SEC plays four OOC games. Since 3-4 are gimmes, that's usually 3-4 autowins. Just go 3-5 or even 2-6 and you're in some crappy bowel. There's your 12/14.
  • Options

The SEC plays four OOC games. Since 3-4 are gimmes, that's usually 3-4 autowins. Just go 3-5 or even 2-6 and you're in some crappy bowel. There's your 12/14.

Washington played 4 OOC gimmies this year, so shut the fuck up.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

It clearly sucks.

Mother of god, brain splode.
  • Options

It clearly sucks.

Mother of god, brain splode.
    You're* best effort.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Washington played 4 OOC gimmies this year, so shut the fuck up.
    Yeah okay. Washington played one extra game THIS YEAR and is one of 50 other Power Five teams.
  • Options
    Founders Club

They don't matter now. If they did, Mississippi State and TCU wouldn't have been ahead of Ohio State in the only rankings that matter.
    They matter in terms of perception.
  • Options

They matter in terms of perception.
    Perception doesn't matter now.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

It clearly sucks.

Holy fucking fallacy, Batman.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    At least Road remembers the one time puppy was right.