Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ASU

124»

Comments

• Options
    Sundevil76Sundevil76 Member Posts: 109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2014
    I will take that any day over Lane's all white wardrobe that makes me think he was off to a tennis game or something. Due credit to Graham and his staff for having Chip come out and admit he was a gay player on the ASU team. Arizona needs all the liberal PR it can get with all the flag wavers from the mid west here in Phoenix. Much prefer the climate and attitude politically of the Northwest. For a Baptish preacher type it speaks volumes about Graham's sincerity in the guys being a brotherhood. Think coach Pete runs the same type of program of unselfish players so some of Sark's me first guys had to go like Peters. Its all good, even the rainbow wrist bands and funky head set. Better than the McDonald's menue that Kiffin stuck his head in after his lousy play calling.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

I just laugh at the how long will Graham be at ASU when Chryst just booked from crappy Pitt after three years for the Vagers. All the time their macho East Coast fans came over to our Scout board to talk the worst smack with comments like Penny Graham was having sex with players or the same old tired shit about, "is he gone yet" , but when the reality for their program is almost a new coaching staff on average after a two or three year period. One got arrested and fired before even going through spring practice. Mora is more a threat to leave. Hell, Riley is the Nebraska coach. They all job hop and its not like AD's don't fire their butts like Colorado if they get cold feet when they should have a moral obligation to let the guy have at least a couple years, its a business. There must be at least four or five trite comments about him leaving ASU in the near future on this thread alone, say something insightful at least. I believe him when he says he wants to build a top ten team and his wife's parents really do live here. When did Mora or Sark give a $500,000 to any football program? If he leaves and ASU is a major player that is fine with us, but don't lay the same old tired crap on him leaving soon. If ASU gets a couple years of 10 wins or more that is OK with everyone. There is a better chance Sark gets fired at USC for not getting them to the next level than the slick talking car salesman from Tempe leaving in the next two years. Looking at the attitude of people here on HardCore Husky coach Pete better win ten games next year or else!

Disagree
  • Options
    Sundevil76Sundevil76 Member Posts: 109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2014
    Like if you are not top three nothing counts? Major destinatinon is a myth. Georgia just fired their long time coach.Even the usually crappy Cardinals could pull a coach from good college programs "at the moment". Just look at the former PAC 12 coaches in the NFL. There is a wide spectrum of winning programs. Petersen at Washington for 15 years, too funny. He builds this "Don James" or "Frank Kush" program and stays forever. Not reality. But of course the Huskys are a final destination choice and all the other programs are not? I'm looking at what ASU does the next two years, get serious. Five solid years is about all you can expect nowdays. Michigan ain't keeping Jim for 15 years and why would they want to with his personality?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Like if you are not top three nothing counts? Major destinatinon is a myth. Georgia just fired their long time coach.Even the usually crappy Cardinals could pull a coach from good college programs "at the moment". Just look at the former PAC 12 coaches in the NFL. There is a wide spectrum of winning programs. Petersen at Washington for 15 years, too funny. He builds this "Don James" or "Frank Kush" program and stays forever. Not reality. But of course the Huskys are a final destination choice and all the other programs are not? I'm looking at what ASU does the next two years, get serious. Five solid years is about all you can expect nowdays. Michigan ain't keeping Jim for 15 years and why would they want to with his personality?

Michigan will keep Harbaugh as long as they can if they enjoy winning.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Still shocked he left the NFL. I can't imagine him never wanting a chance to even up with his brother in the NFL. My guess is he'll follow Pete Carroll and build a mini-dynasty before bolting. Although I accept the comparison is flawed because Carroll was run from the NFL and was clearly stepping back out of necessity while Harbaugh could have chosen the place and price in the league.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Still shocked he left the NFL. I can't imagine him never wanting a chance to even up with his brother in the NFL. My guess is he'll follow Pete Carroll and build a mini-dynasty before bolting. Although I accept the comparison is flawed because Carroll was run from the NFL and was clearly stepping back out of necessity while Harbaugh could have chosen the place and price in the league.
    Agree that he will eventually go back to the NFL.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I guess it is when you are trying to argue 2 is easier than 4.

So you're saying the Pac 6 of the Pac 12 is better than the Big 10 of the Big 12?
    I'm saying that link doesnt support that the big12 is better than the pac12. Because 1) Stats are for losers. And 2) Half of the conference in his link is two spots better than the big12, and the other half is two spots worse.

But he says math is hard, so maybe he really means it? I'm honestly not sure.

That was my attempt at math humor

There is nothing funny about math I guess
    Take it from me -- there isn't.
    Please consult iron law #5
    http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/11655/a-welcome-message-to-newcomers#latest
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I think the comment about ASU having an easy time since we don't play Oregon and Stanford in the same year is out of date. Hell, we played Shaw's boys twice last year.The Trees were not unbeatable this year and the Devils with Berc pretty much dominated our game with them.?

Stanford aka "Shaw's boys" were terrible this year. Referencing them does not help your argument.

HTH
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Still shocked he left the NFL.
    What the fuck?

The minute Kim said Harbaugh wouldn't leave the NFL, you should have fucking expected it.

Has this website not taught you anything?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2014

Doogles said:

Still shocked he left the NFL.
    What the fuck?

The minute Kim said Harbaugh wouldn't leave the NFL, you should have fucking expected it.

Has this website not taught you anything?
    I truly didn't believe someone as competitive as Harbaugh would waste precious years in the college ranks as long as he hadn't at least tied his big brother for super bowl championships. In a football family like the Harbaughs, I guarantee it means a lot come thanksgiving dinner who has the most hardware. If he had taken the Ravens out a few years ago, i would be less surprised.

I'm stoked he's back in the college game, still makes the same money, and has complete control over his program, which i'm guessing more than the 'Michigan Man' teary eyed nostalgia is the main factor in his decision to head back to college.