Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

JJ

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2014

BayDawg said:

They are probably similar players. Both were ok shooters, soft as a babys bottom around the hoop, pretty versatile on defense.

Maybe I just dont remember very well because Ive pickled my brain but Gant just seemed like he was an explosive jumper. JJ seems like he has ankle weights on alot of the time.

Both can be important parts of a good team, as long as they arent asked to do things they arent capable of, ie Gant taking the 3 pointer at the buzzer against Cal a few years back. Still cant believe that was the play we drew up that night...

THIS

Gant was money with the base line jumper.

And an amazing defender.

JJ doesnt have a signature/go to move yet. And he's not as good on defense.

Gant was an explosive jumper. He ran the floor well and finished a lot of easy dunks as a result.

I'm too lazy to look at their block numbers, but Gant definitely made more difficult blocks (against fast breaks) whereas JJ's height advantage allows him to just stick his arms straight up and alter shots.

To me Gant's biggest strength is that he knew his role on a championship caliber team. JJ doesn't yet.

RoadDawg could be right if JJ improves a lot next year. But at this point, Gant had a better career.
    Only in his final year.

Gant wanted to be a scorer that he wasn't but he definitely played better than what stat sheet shows.

As for JJ, he does have better blocking numbers than Gant although not as flashy.

Both are similar type of players in terms of physical attributes yet different playing style on the court.

To me, if JJ can constantly play the way he did the last two games with Gant's energy, I'll be a very happy man.

Gant has won two PAC championships and three NCAA tourney appearances in Husky career, that alone separates him from JJ and his accomplishments if there's any.
    Hakeem Rollins played on two tournament teams including a #1 seed. Mike Jensen was a four year starter, 3 tourney appearances, and two sweet 16's.

Gant's team success shouldn't be much of a factor. He's better than JJ because he's played more.