Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official UW vs. Okie ST Cactus Bowl Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I look at it as one more opportunity for five reasons
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Gameday championship!
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    Muttzen said:

I don't see where to buy tickets, halp.
    I know you are being Sarkastic, but if you are not in Fleens inner circle here is the bowl game central link:

http://www.gohuskies.com/fls/30200/14gameday/index.html#
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    does anyone have all the screenshots they need?

Fleenor.

Wrong again.

• Options
    MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Muttzen said:

I don't see where to buy tickets, halp.
    I know you are being Sarkastic, but if you are not in Fleens inner circle here is the bowl game central link:

http://www.gohuskies.com/fls/30200/14gameday/index.html#
    Thanks mang, there wasn't a link on the gohuskies main site when i looked. Guess I don't have the right contacts.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,476
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

does anyone have all the screenshots they need?

Fleenor.

Wrong again.

Absolutely.

Unfortunately we can't poast the screenshot here. But rest assured, he said, "Well, so much for the Cactus Bowl." a couple days ago.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,116
    1. Cyler Myles- He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He has two years under his belt and he will do everything possible to win the game.

2. Offensive Line - They average a weight of 332 lbs across the line, they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Atoe, Brostek, Shelton, Dexter, Criste, Tanigawa, Ossai etc. These boys have the attitude and are ready to rumble.

3. Kawasaki - New Defensive Scheme and a new attitude. Every player has spoke out about the difference between Wilcox and Kawasaki, we will see a much improved defense on 1/1.

4. Speed, Speed, Speed - This is the fastest UW team has been in a long time. Deontae Cooper, Budha Baker, John Ross, Max Richmonnd, Troy Williams, Kasen Williams, Virta Vea etc. The newbies will be inexperienced but will bring something that they haven't had in past seasons, speed.

5. Time of Possession - I think UW can dominate the time of possession stat. The more they can shorten the game and keep their defense off of the field, the better chance they have to win the game.

I think UW wins rather easily, say 34-17?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,501
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mad_Son said:

1. Cyler Myles- He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He has two years under his belt and he will do everything possible to win the game.

2. Offensive Line - They average a weight of 332 lbs across the line, they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Atoe, Brostek, Shelton, Dexter, Criste, Tanigawa, Ossai etc. These boys have the attitude and are ready to rumble.

3. Kawasaki - New Defensive Scheme and a new attitude. Every player has spoke out about the difference between Wilcox and Kawasaki, we will see a much improved defense on 1/1.

4. Speed, Speed, Speed - This is the fastest UW team has been in a long time. Deontae Cooper, Budha Baker, John Ross, Max Richmonnd, Troy Williams, Kasen Williams, Virta Vea etc. The newbies will be inexperienced but will bring something that they haven't had in past seasons, speed.

5. Time of Possession - I think UW can dominate the time of possession stat. The more they can shorten the game and keep their defense off of the field, the better chance they have to win the game.

I think UW wins rather easily, say 34-17?

Jeez, might as well not even show up for the game now.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,998
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    With uw's front 7 they won't have to commit extra people to the box to stop sanders and the ok st rush attack. I am worried about the freshman corners being isolated on Blackmon though. If peters were still here it would be a 34-17 game. Now. Not so much.
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754

With uw's front 7 they won't have to commit extra people to the box to stop sanders and the ok st rush attack. I am worried about the freshman corners being isolated on Blackmon though. If peters were still here it would be a 34-17 game. Now. Not so much.

I think Weeden is going to be the oldest QB to start a bowl game @ 37.

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,998
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Leave it to Barry Switzer to find a loophole to have a guy like that on the roster.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    Wow, really excited to play the Sooners again. Hope someone has the opportunity to go on the OU board and tell them about the Fighting Doogs! I remember all the classy Okies back in 1984 giving UW a standing ovation.

Leave it to Barry Switzer to find a loophole to have a guy like that on the roster.
    I know you guys are being sarkastic but Norman OK on game day is a great setting for a fall afternoon
  • Options
    PriceToBamaPriceToBama Member Posts: 44
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,289
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I remember Thurman Thomas running all over Husky Stadium in the 1985 opener after the Sooner fans gave us a standing O at the Orange Bowl. Big loss

UW won at Stillwater a couple years earlier.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

I remember Thurman Thomas running all over Husky Stadium in the 1985 opener after the Sooner fans gave us a standing O at the Orange Bowl. Big loss

UW won at Stillwater a couple years earlier.

Do you remember who sang the national anthem that day? Extra points for the right answer.