Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official UW vs. Okie ST Cactus Bowl Game Thread

Hope we have enough talent to compete with a grown man.

Comments

• Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Kstate vs. UCLA Remember the Alamo Bowl
  • Options
    edited December 2014

I'm just glad we are playing a real team. Another chance to see if UW is actually improved or just played better against shitty opponents.

I hope you are being Sarkastic. Okie St finished 4-5 in the same dreckfest Big 12 you were trashing on in the other thread. They got plungered by every decent team in their league outside of Oklahoma.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,998
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I'm just glad we are playing a real team. Another chance to see if UW is actually improved or just played better against shitty opponents.

I hope you are being Sarkastic. Okie St finished 4-5 in the same dreckfest Big 12 you were trashing on in the other thread. They got plungered by every decent team in their league outside of Oklahoma.
    He's right you know.
  • Options
    MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Playing in January is special.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

OKIe light is at least a team with legitimate talent. They had a shit season and underachieved, but their lines don't consist of little sisters for the poor so to speak. UW won't be able to just line up and have Atoe fall over to create a hole. They'll have to battle.

Also, they are coming off a big win against the real Oklahoma. That shit matters and they'll be riding high and ready to rumble come bowl season.

This is the type of game that really matters when it comes to conference perception and program perception for Petersen. UW needs this win, IMO.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,998
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I don't think they are good, but neither is UW. OK State had a down year. It beats playing a MWC team or BYU.
    They are no better than byu or an Mwc team but they will probably be less motivated to play us than the alternative.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

OKIe light is at least a team with legitimate talent. They had a shit season and underachieved, but their lines don't consist of little sisters for the poor so to speak. UW won't be able to just line up and have Atoe fall over to create a hole. They'll have to battle.

Also, they are coming off a big win against the real Oklahoma. That shit matters and they'll be riding high and ready to rumble come bowl season.

This is the type of game that really matters when it comes to conference perception and program perception for Petersen. UW needs this win, IMO.
    Man, you got me fired up. I may need to PM Fleens to get my travel arrangements dialed in.
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2014

I don't think they are good, but neither is UW. OK State had a down year. It beats playing a MWC team or BYU.
    They are no better than byu or an Mwc team but they will probably be less motivated to play us than the alternative.
    Playing unmotivated opponents is the doogs best chance at a win.

See the doogs in the against Nebraska a couple years back.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    OZONE said:

Playing unmotivated opponent is the doogs best chance at a win.

You are a lot better than this post. You are (*your) usually a good troll, calling out BS and pretty funny. This is some weak shit however. FOCUS dammit!
  • Options
    cesarchavezdawgcesarchavezdawg Member Posts: 19
    5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes First Comment
    OZONE said:

You really need to learn what a "doog" is or stop using it.

• Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

OZONE said:

Words are fluid. Deal with it...

co-opt
    verb
    divert to or use in a role different from the usual or original one.
    adopt (an idea or policy) for one's own use.

• Options
    MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

I don't see where to buy tickets, halp.
  • Options
    cesarchavezdawgcesarchavezdawg Member Posts: 19
    5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes First Comment
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

Words are fluid. Deal with it...

co-opt
    verb
    divert to or use in a role different from the usual or original one.
    adopt (an idea or policy) for one's own use.

con·text
    ˈkäntekst/
    noun
    the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed

If you want to keep looking like a retard, fine by me.

I was just trying to help.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,288
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If we win they sucked if we lose they sucked

Some of you must be knew hear