Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The husky stadium crowd: dumpster fire

13»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I don't need new friends ... a member of our group has won a Rose Bowl.

I appreciate that if my friends would rather socialize than watch the game that they go somewhere where they can socialize instead of running their mouths non-stop during the game.

I lack the perspective of being a parent with kids under 5 ... I'd imagine that I'd want to throw back a few sodas without having to worry about the results from time to time in that situation. Plus, more often than not the kids will make it so that the parents don't get to socialize as much with each other ... which leads to the desire to socialize more when the kids aren't around. I don't judge.

To each their own ... when we're a Top 10 team and playing a meaningful game and we have a clearing out of fans to the Zone, then I'll say something. As it is right now, I'm not going to get pissed at people that go to the game, pay their money, and then decide what they want to do. We don't have a waiting list for season tickets like we did 30 years ago. The ticket isn't in HOT demand. The football quite frankly isn't as much of a draw as it was in the past. Such is life.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I don't need new friends ... a member of our group has won a Rose Bowl.

I appreciate that if my friends would rather socialize than watch the game that they go somewhere where they can socialize instead of running their mouths non-stop during the game.

I lack the perspective of being a parent with kids under 5 ... I'd imagine that I'd want to throw back a few sodas without having to worry about the results from time to time in that situation. Plus, more often than not the kids will make it so that the parents don't get to socialize as much with each other ... which leads to the desire to socialize more when the kids aren't around. I don't judge.

To each their own ... when we're a Top 10 team and playing a meaningful game and we have a clearing out of fans to the Zone, then I'll say something. As it is right now, I'm not going to get pissed at people that go to the game, pay their money, and then decide what they want to do. We don't have a waiting list for season tickets like we did 30 years ago. The ticket isn't in HOT demand. The football quite frankly isn't as much of a draw as it was in the past. Such is life.

Does he ever pop off?
  • Options
    He does when people act like idiots
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I skipped the game.

Skipped ASU as well.

I'm not wasting my time freezing my ass off at night to watch shitty football anymore.

And before one of you plebes pops off about how I'm not being a REAL fan or some shit, I sat through every minute of 0-12, so suck my fucking dick.

Of course if the season wasn't over, I'd probably be there. Or not.

The Zone is for fucktards. But I agree with Tequilla. The season is over. And last time I checked, this was America, so they're free to do whatever dumb shit they want. And drink all the shitty piss beer they want. Put a contender on the field and maybe things will change.

You all act like running to the tailgate for beers at half time isn't a tradition that goes back to the glory days.

• Options
    My favorite in-person sporting event to go to outside of college football is NHL Hockey.

During the regular season, it's not uncommon to find people walking to their seats either right before puck drop or in the first couple of minutes to the game. You plan your walk in from either the bar, the concession stands, etc. to coincide. You're often socializing with those around you as much as you are there for the game. Between periods you walk to your favorite beer/bar in the stadium and do the same. Depending on how the game is going, how the conversations are, etc. you either stay in the bar or go back to your seats.

Playoff hockey though? You're in your seats about 15-20 minutes before puck drop and there's nothing between periods other than going out, getting your beer (if not for the beer delivered to your seats), or going to the bathroom.

Different situations for different games.

Unless you're in a position where you're competing at a championship level where the entertainment value is such that you never know what you are going to see, people will react accordingly in today's marketplace. That's just the way it is.

Want to fix it? Compete for titles and have a high quality entertainment value.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I thought Pool Boy was in So Cal?
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

My favorite in-person sporting event to go to outside of college football is NHL Hockey.

During the regular season, it's not uncommon to find people walking to their seats either right before puck drop or in the first couple of minutes to the game. You plan your walk in from either the bar, the concession stands, etc. to coincide. You're often socializing with those around you as much as you are there for the game. Between periods you walk to your favorite beer/bar in the stadium and do the same. Depending on how the game is going, how the conversations are, etc. you either stay in the bar or go back to your seats.

Playoff hockey though? You're in your seats about 15-20 minutes before puck drop and there's nothing between periods other than going out, getting your beer (if not for the beer delivered to your seats), or going to the bathroom.

Different situations for different games.

Unless you're in a position where you're competing at a championship level where the entertainment value is such that you never know what you are going to see, people will react accordingly in today's marketplace. That's just the way it is.

Want to fix it? Compete for titles and have a high quality entertainment value.

OR stop playing the charade and sell booze in the stands.
  • Options
    Booze in the stands would be the logical solution ... it's actually too easy in fact.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Win and this goes away, just as it ever was.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,429
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Win and this goes away, just as it ever was.

*same