Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cyler Miles is a top 10 QB... huh?

2»

Comments

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Ho. Lee. Christ. People.

Fucking 7-5 ... and really 3-5.

Scoreboard bitches.

I don't give a fuck if he has a 100% completion rate.

He has fucking baby hands ... and the game moves way to fast for him.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    topdawgnc said:

Ho. Lee. Christ. People.

Fucking 7-5 ... and really 3-5.

Scoreboard bitches.

I don't give a fuck if he has a 100% completion rate.

He has fucking baby hands ... and the game moves way to fast for him.

You know how I know you didn't watch the game last night? He's still average. He's also noticeably improved.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm most optimistic when the Huskies play on the pac12 network

Miles has improved though. I saw it at Arizona. The record is on the team not the QB
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2014
    Improved, not improved IDGAF. I think he's average at best. Does anyone see him leading a game winning drive down the field in the last two minutes of a game against a quality opponent? I just don't think he's the guy long term. He may be the best option right now, but I don't think he will ever be any better than average.

The thing I'm looking forward to most about next years debates about Miley? No more fucking references to how much spring ball set him back. That excuse is getting almost more play than Owen 12.
  • Options

Miles has improved though. I saw it at Arizona. The record is on the team not the QB

When you fumble inside the red zone because the wind knocks the ball out of your hand.

And you fumble right before half because you panic, allowing for the other team to go up ...

It's on you.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    topdawgnc said:

When you fumble inside the red zone because the wind knocks the ball out of your hand.

And you fumble right before half because you panic, allowing for the other team to go up ...

It's on you.
    Mariota fumbled after not being touched against UW and the ball bounced right back to him. It happens Toppy.

The 2nd fumble was Miles trying to do too much after a horrible snap. If he went down after gathering the ball, it wouldn't have happened. Instead he tried to make a play out of nothing and fucked it up worse.
  • Options

topdawgnc said:

It's on you.
    Mariota fumbled after not being touched against UW and the ball bounced right back to him. It happens Toppy.

The 2nd fumble was Miles trying to do too much after a horrible snap. If he went down after gathering the ball, it wouldn't have happened. Instead he tried to make a play out of nothing and fucked it up worse.
    I get what you are saying ... and through it all you captured exactly what I see in Miles.

Marriott didn't panic when the ball left his hand, the game moves at the appropriate pace for him. He lost the ball, he collected it ... and scored.

On the fumble before half, the play was moving way too fast for Miles and he should have just crumpled.

I get what everyone is saying about what he missed because of his Super Bowl antics.

What I don't see is a QB who is going to lead this team. It is clear Peterman is assuring he plays inside of his limits, and to me that is good coaching.

Fact he has one loss to his name, it's on him.

Managing the game against a dreadful OS team ... means nothing to me.

He has 300 days to get better ... he's who we have next year.

To jerk off over his ranking ... when the scoreboard is 7-5 ... I don't buy.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Toppy (ILTCYT) you need some perspective. Acknowledging improvement now doesn't have anything to do with next season. I'm giving credit for the things he's getting better at without absolving him for all the ineptitude and FS moments. I've been vocal saying that I hope someone with an arm emerges. Many others who complimented him in this thread feel the same way as me.

Is it really necessary to qualify everything we say in every fucking post on here? If I want to give Miley credit for a number of his good reads and throws last night, do I first have to explain that I think he's not the long term answer or are the 23 other times I said that sufficient?
  • Options
    chuck said:

Toppy (ILTCYT) you need some perspective. Acknowledging improvement now doesn't have anything to do with next season. I'm giving credit for the things he's getting better at without absolving him for all the ineptitude and FS moments. I've been vocal saying that I hope someone with an arm emerges. Many others who complimented him in this thread feel the same way as me.

Is it really necessary to qualify everything we say in every fucking post on here? If I want to give Miley credit for a number of his good reads and throws last night, do I first have to explain that I think he's not the long term answer or are the 23 other times I said that sufficient?

7-5

Is what it is.
  • Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    252 attempts for only 1880 yards screams, "no confidence in you."
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Miles' YPA is 7.46, which isn't bad at all.

It's his fumbles and not seeing open WRs have been his problems.

But he didn't lose a fumble last night and showed better decisiveness. His arm strength, accuracy, and velocity all seemed better as well.

With all that said, he's still probably not good enough to compete for the Pac-12 championship in 2015 or 2016.
    Canard said:

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I realize non of his completions count... but, that Sophomore QB?... the QB who is in his first season as a starter, who was banned from spring and summer... who is in his first season in a new system with a new coach... who lost his best receiver to the defense? well...

According to the NCAA, Cyler Miles as of this moment, ranks as the #10 returning QB in the nation in passing efficiency. I know... bad realease, too dumb, can't run... etc., etc., but fax are fax.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/8

Where is he in yards?

Most of Miles' passes are short, safe passes, which means a high completion percentage and high passing efficiency. He also doesn't throw interceptions in these situations, which factors into the passing efficiency.

I am curious how many yards he has in relation to the other returning QBs or what his numbers look like for intermediate and deep passes.
    Connor Halliday is still #1 in yards.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    HFNY said:

Miles' YPA is 7.46, which isn't bad at all.

It's his fumbles and not seeing open WRs have been his problems.

But he didn't lose a fumble last night and showed better decisiveness. His arm strength, accuracy, and velocity all seemed better as well.

With all that said, he's still probably not good enough to compete for the Pac-12 championship in 2015 or 2016.

Canard said:

I believe he is a serviceable QB.

If he had Sanky, Polk, or even a top 4 PAC 12 back ... he could get the job done.

The defense has been strong enough he could play a Trent Dilfer or Rob Johnson style role in winning a championship.

The problem is he currently has to put the team on his back ... and the game moves waaaay too fast for him on to do that.