Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ESPN Article by Ivan Maisel makes light of SEC cupcake scheduling

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Can the title be changed to be more appropriate:

ESPN Article by Ivan Maisel makes light of SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC cupcake scheduling

;)
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,389
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Eastern Washington, South Dakota, and the rest enjoyed the article
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,523
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    eSECpn must be biased
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Take this one PLSS. I'm tired of it. Overratrd teams playing intraconference games against overrated teams should not impress anyone. The "they deserve a break from tough SEC teams!!!!" is horseshit. Maybe it holds a miniscule amount of validity in this particular version of the SEC West. But Allbarn and LSWho already have three losses. Great teams don't have three losses.
  • Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Take this one PLSS. I'm tired of it. Overratrd teams playing intraconference games against overrated teams should not impress anyone. The "they deserve a break from tough SEC teams!!!!" is horseshit. Maybe it holds a miniscule amount of validity in this particular version of the SEC West. But Allbarn and LSWho already have three losses. Great teams don't have three losses.

Nobody is making the arguments you are trying to defeat. The games doesn't impress anyone. It's just smart scheduling and a way to rest up for the big games ahead. Nobody is saying Auburn and LSU are great.

TLDR: stop pressing.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    If I dug up posts from a month ago many would have plenty of Auburn, MSU, and Ole Siss slurping. Now two are irrelevant and one is going to be
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FMB is dialed in.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Both SEC teams in top4 have played 2 ranked teams. One against each other and 1 lost to another (Bama). All that needs to be said. Puppy is tired of trying to educate you degenerates on the ESECPN. I give up! Well, at least until the winner of the East gets in the playoff.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Neither of you fucktards get it. It's not about ESPN bias or the scheduling. It's about winning national championships. Get it?

I told you fuckos at the beginning of the year that the SEC would take back the crown. Get ready for 8 of 9.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    It's very simple. The season is 14 weeks. Each team gets two weeks off. They only do an 8 team conference slate. At the very least they all catch either Vandy or UK. Every four years each of them use one of their four OOC games to play someone with a pulse so the complete retards don't catch on.

So, essentially you have a team like Bama with seven weeks off. Nick Saban has to get his NFL farm team up to play 50% of the time.

As a comparison Oregon has nine conference games and played Michigan State in the OOC. Who in their right fucking mind would vote Bama over Oregon right now unless they are brainwashed? That's right, everyone.

They come from the dumbest area of the country but they're smarter than everyone combined when it comes to college football.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2014
    Bama a schedules a power conference team every year. Same thing Oregon does. You can argue about the 8 game conference schedule, but they prove it time and time again in the big games. Go win a national championship before you pop off.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    PurpleJ said:

Bama a schedules a power conference team every year. Same thing Oregon does. You can argue about the 8 game conference schedule, but they prove it time and time again in the big games. Go win a national championship before you pop off.

Bama:
    2014: West Virginia
    2013: Virginia Tech
    2012: Michigan
    2011: Penn State
    2010: Penn State
    2009: Virginia Tech

Oregon:
    2014: Michigan State
    2013: Tennessee
    2012: none
    2011: LSU
    2010: Tennessee
    2009: Purdue

I'd say Bama does a better job of scheduling power conference teams every year. Most of the teams that Bama played were ranked. Oregon's only ranked power conference teams were MSU and LSU.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

It's very simple. The season is 14 weeks. Each team gets two weeks off. They only do an 8 team conference slate. At the very least they all catch either Vandy or UK. Every four years each of them use one of their four OOC games to play someone with a pulse so the complete retards don't catch on.

So, essentially you have a team like Bama with seven weeks off. Nick Saban has to get his NFL farm team up to play 50% of the time.

As a comparison Oregon has nine conference games and played Michigan State in the OOC. Who in their right fucking mind would vote Bama over Oregon right now unless they are brainwashed? That's right, everyone.

They come from the dumbest area of the country but they're smarter than everyone combined when it comes to college football.

I'd vote Bama in over Oregon because they would fucking curbstomp Oregon.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oregon plays Colorado Oregon State Cal UW and two non conference cupcakes every year. And the mighty coogs.

What was your point again?
  • Options

Oregon plays Colorado Oregon State Cal UW and two non conference cupcakes every year. And the mighty coogs.

Vicariously living through a place you've never been again, huh? Cute.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

No. I was showing how stupid your argument is

Hope this helps
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

Is that kind of like a 'Cat living vicariously through a Duck? RoboDuck thinks you're a fucking tryhard.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you actually watch the games and follow the SEC you'd see this Arkansas team coming. Its Bulimia's second year and he has a massive line and the Wisconsin running game installed. They were close and now they are winning.

Arkansas would run all over most Pac12 teams. Running is making a comeback now that everyone downsized their defense for the spread.
  • Options
    Ole Miss slaps around Bama. Ole Miss gets absolutely skull fucked by 1 conference win Arkansas.

Race tells us it's because the SEC is awesome and Arkansas is just awesome all of a sudden. Let's forget that Gary Pinkel and aTm are both very competitive in the SEC instantly after being mediocre to awful in the Big-12.

I'm glad I never got that crud.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

Ole Miss slaps around Bama. Ole Miss gets absolutely skull fucked by 1 conference win Arkansas.

Race tells us it's because the SEC is awesome and Arkansas is just awesome all of a sudden. Let's forget that Gary Pinkel and aTm are both very competitive in the SEC instantly after being mediocre to awful in the Big-12.

I'm glad I never got that crud.

Ole Miss wins in the last minute against Bama.

Oregon got slapped around by Arizona

Hope this helps.

I said if you actually watch the games. I could have added if you know anything about football.

That disqualified you

By all means keep embarrassing yourself. Tell us about your Pop Warner coaching career