Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Seahawks-Chiefs Game Thread

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    It starts with the Oline.

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I thought it was a fantastic game to watch. The Seahawks aren't as good as they were last year and may miss the playoffs this year... But they are still a team that has a shot if they sneak into the wild card. Offense looked pretty good today and the defense is really feeling Bobby and Mebane gone. I feel like they have to go 4-1 in the remaining division games and win at Philly to get it. Tough but not impossible.

The O line is s brutal... It absolutely has to be addressed in the off season. Some sort of upgrade in WR is required too. This season has been tough due to a tough schedule, injuries, and Arizona lighting it up.

I do enjoy fan over reactions as always though. That was easily my favorite Seahawks game to watch this season.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

I thought it was a fantastic game to watch. The Seahawks aren't as good as they were last year and may miss the playoffs this year... But they are still a team that has a shot if they sneak into the wild card. Offense looked pretty good today and the defense is really feeling Bobby and Mebane gone. I feel like they have to go 4-1 in the remaining division games and win at Philly to get it. Tough but not impossible.

The O line is s brutal... It absolutely has to be addressed in the off season. Some sort of upgrade in WR is required too. This season has been tough due to a tough schedule, injuries, and Arizona lighting it up.

I do enjoy fan over reactions as always though. That was easily my favorite Seahawks game to watch this season.

I agree. I thought the offense was effective, and while the defense was bad they did force 2 turnovers.
    It'd be a lot easier to accept if our playoff chances weren't so much in jeopardy
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,536
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    mobey said:

PurpleJ said:

You don't have to let me back on the bandwagon. I was never on. Go Eagles.

How's that working out for you?

If Eagles were in the NFC W they'd be in last place.

Aaron Rodgers is good at home. Lambeau Field is a tough place to play. It's cold and there is altitude there. Who really knows? It's not on my TV. The Eags will bounce back.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    With Arizona's win we can forget about the division. Playing for a WC
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

dhdawg said:

I agree. I thought the offense was effective, and while the defense was bad they did force 2 turnovers.
    It'd be a lot easier to accept if our playoff chances weren't so much in jeopardy
    A lot can change within a week though. They will still only be 1 game out of the wild card with a tie breaker over GB. They beat the Eagles they will have a TB over them.

The San Fran and Arizona games are going to be huge. Need to go 3-1 or you need a lot of help from some other teams. I give them about a 50% shot at the playoffs right now.

sportsclubstats.com/NFL.html

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Overall it was a good performance considering it was on the road against what some metrics say is the 2nd best team in the league. However, the problem is the margin for error is now basically one game. They have to go 5-1 the rest of the way because 10-6 probably won't make it.

GB is going to win the division, so they won't get the tie breaker there. Have to beat Philly and hope Dallas wins the division so you have the tie breaker over Philly for the WC. Even if we go 5-1, Arizona has to lose 2 more games if we sweep them. I don't see that happening.

Realistically we need to win the rest of the home games and then take 2/3 from SF, Arizona and Philly. Best beat is win next week, split the next two..beat SF at home, beat Arizona on the road and then take care of SL at home. Thats 11-5 and you probably get the first wild card spot.

Mebane's loss was huge. Still could have won this week but it hurt us on D and it showed. This team is getting better and will be in much better shape heading into next season.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited November 2014

Overall it was a good performance considering it was on the road against what some metrics say is the 2nd best team in the league. However, the problem is the margin for error is now basically one game. They have to go 5-1 the rest of the way because 10-6 probably won't make it.

GB is going to win the division, so they won't get the tie breaker there. Have to beat Philly and hope Dallas wins the division so you have the tie breaker over Philly for the WC. Even if we go 5-1, Arizona has to lose 2 more games if we sweep them. I don't see that happening.

Realistically we need to win the rest of the home games and then take 2/3 from SF, Arizona and Philly. Best beat is win next week, split the next two..beat SF at home, beat Arizona on the road and then take care of SL at home. Thats 11-5 and you probably get the first wild card spot.

Mebane's loss was huge. Still could have won this week but it hurt us on D and it showed. This team is getting better and will be in much better shape heading into next season.

I can't see this team going 5-1. maybe if everyone comes back and the real Arizona Cardinals show up. I miss the NFL that didn't inordinately punish success.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,601
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Britt.... should have not been asked to play this year...overvalued the rookie as year one starter.

Signing Russell for a 120 million will hurt them to sigh other key positions and players in the future... lots of decisions ahead
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Hooks are starting to turn on the front office now. There's a hooks.net thread even blaming Carroll because he can't control his players like Harvin and Lynch (nevermind Lynch was nothing until Carroll took him from Buffalo). This shocks no one at all. All because the team is 6-4 coming off a Superbowl win.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Hooks are starting to turn on the front office now. There's a hooks.net thread even blaming Carroll because he can't control his players like Harvin and Lynch (nevermind Lynch was nothing until Carroll took him from Buffalo). This shocks no one at all. All because the team is 6-4 coming off a Superbowl win.

Lynch may have a shit attitude but he's pretty open about his feelings through his body language.
    Our FO however is Russian as fuck, and God bless 'em for that.
  • Options
    claychaclaycha Member Posts: 662
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I'm sure hooks.net is quite entertaining this morning. They're probably saying things like: "Whenever Bill Leavy officiates, the Seahawks lose."

They should get a moveon.org petition going to ban Bill Leavy from officiating Seahawks' games.