Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

God help us if Peterman and the players are as soft mentally as the poasters on this bored.

2»

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Looking on doogman there is almost this exact same thread about complainers. Complaining about complainers is always pretty awesome.

HuskyClaus says all the complaining is sickening. There are days he can't come to the board because it's so depressing. This place is becoming doogman jr because you guys are all Petersen guys. HuskyClaus and WunderDoog would fit right in here.

I'm a fucking Petersen guy myself and loved the hire. I was very vocal about that, but fuck, you go 2-5 and make some questionable coaching decisions and fans are going to be pissed off and question things. If it was Nuss or Wilcox or some other shitty coach that was 2-5, you guys who still cared would be going off the rails over this season. It's not really about Petersen, it's about the results.

What the fuck are the boards for? No criticism or comments until it's played out for three years? If you think it's a dead horse, make a topic about players or individual plays if you want to talk about other stuff. Were the million threads last year about Sark being a fucking joke not beating a dead horse?

Complaining about complainers complaining about complainers.... Well done.
    I know you are being sarkastic, but I'm for posting about whatever you want to post about. Complain away. Or don't. Either way it won't be interesting. I'm just pointing out that there are a lot of posters here who sound exactly like the ones they mocked during the Sark years.
    This is complaining, not "pointing out":

"What the fuck are the boards for? No criticism or comments until it's played out for three years? If you think it's a dead horse, make a topic about players or individual plays if you want to talk about other stuff. Were the million threads last year about Sark being a fucking joke not beating a dead horse?"

HTH
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    The problem is some of you talk about how disagreeing is what this board is about then completely retract on that statement by getting upset that people are disagreeing with you.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

HuskyJW said:

I remember when this board had standards for coaches.....it was only 9 months ago.

If Sark was here you would be burning him at the stake. Petersen has f-ed up calls late in games twice.....inexcusable for the salary he is making.

Why do people bring up the "at that salary" argument?

1) You, nor any of us have to pay that salary. Not a fucking penny.
    2) Any coach at UW will get that salary or close to it. It's what the job pays.
    3) You imply if he were making less the decisions would be OK.
    4) It's a stupid arbitrary measure. It might be a lot of money to some, not so to others. (he's only at #20 in the nation)
    5) LIPO
    6) see my post from 9/28 http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/13149/im-i-the-only-negadawg-left/p1
    7) ?
    8) profit

It seems that CP is still learning on the job. IIRC this was one of your main complaints about Sark. He shouldn't have been learning on the job and making these mistakes. I was ecstatic about the hire of CP so these mental errors are completely baffling to me.

I do realize the UW job pays $3.2million.....but again we are wayyyyyy overpaying for what we are getting. It's just what we do. Will he get better as time goes on? Maybe....but if he's the 20th highest paid coach...we are nowhere near the #20 team in the country and he's getting outcoached by guys making less than him (at least right now.)
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2014

The problem is some of you talk about how disagreeing is what this board is about then completely retract on that statement by getting upset that people are disagreeing with you.

Pressing. You are in the same boat. You've been whining about LIPO at any criticism all season. Arguing or pointing something out doesn't equal being upset. I'm not actually upset and I'm sure you are not either.
  • Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HuskyJW said:

I remember when this board had standards for coaches.....it was only 9 months ago.

If Sark was here you would be burning him at the stake. Petersen has f-ed up calls late in games twice.....inexcusable for the salary he is making.

The coaching overpayment is one of the causes for all of the money grubbing "ruining" of tradition at HS for one.
    It's only what the job pays because you grossly overpaid Try and Suck. If Peenerman fails, you'll pay the next failure even more for having to step into a career killing job.
    It could be said that at those prices, Pac-12 training wheels are not required and FS stupid coaching should be next to non-existent.
    4) It's a stupid arbitrary measure. It might be a lot of money to some, not so to others. (he's only at #20 in the nation)
    Shouldn't you be getting top 20 results?
    5) LIPO
    It will be interesting either way.
    6) see my post from 9/28 http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/13149/im-i-the-only-negadawg-left/p1
    Lol.
    7) ?
    As the podcast says, "Take out the Oregon game. . . ." Voila, no Sarktastic plungerings.
    8) profit
    Profiteering is what your AD is best at anymore.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

5) LIPO
    7) ?
    8) profit

It seems that CP is still learning on the job.
    It seems to me you don't know the first thing about Peterman's abilities and/or what he's really facing internally and/or what he's doing about it every day to turn this fucking team around... judging just from your first statement.

The rest I deleted without reading.

• Options

Pressing. You are in the same boat. You've been whining about LIPO at any criticism all season. Arguing or pointing something out doesn't equal being upset. I'm not actually upset and I'm sure you are not either.
    You are no longer arguing about the team. You are now discussing feelings. hth.

• Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

5) LIPO
    7) ?
    8) profit

It seems to me you don't know the first thing about Peterman's abilities and/or what he's really facing internally and/or what he's doing about it every day to turn this fucking team around... judging just from your first statement.

Sometimes it's hard to be a woman
    Giving all your love to just one man
    You'll have bad times
    And he'll have good times,
    Doin' things that you don't understand
    But if you love him you'll forgive him,
    Even though he's hard to understand
    And if you love him oh be proud of him,
    'cause after all he's just a man
    Stand by your man,
    Give him two arms to cling to,
    And something warm to come to
    When nights are cold and lonely
    Stand by your man,
    And show the world you love him
    Keep giving all the love you can
    Stand by your man
    Stand by your man,
    And show the world you love him
    Keep giving all the love you can
    Stand by your man
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

5) LIPO
    7) ?
    8) profit

It seems that CP is still learning on the job. IIRC this was one of your main complaints about Sark. He shouldn't have been learning on the job and making these mistakes. I was ecstatic about the hire of CP so these mental errors are completely baffling to me.

I do realize the UW job pays $3.2million.....but again we are wayyyyyy overpaying for what we are getting. It's just what we do. Will he get better as time goes on? Maybe....but if he's the 20th highest paid coach...we are nowhere near the #20 team in the country and he's getting outcoached by guys making less than him (at least right now.)
    If I complained that Sark was learning on the job, what does that have to do with you thinking Petersen is learning on the job?

What have I said from day fucking 1 regarding Petersen?
  • Options

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

5) LIPO
    7) ?
    8) profit

Upvoted for sounding like Ekland.
  • Options
    Peterman is just like Helfrich, he could stay or leave. Too early to tell. might be interesting to listen to the man and watch how he does it since either way, he's gonna be here awhile no matter how people feel about it.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

5) LIPO
    7) ?
    8) profit

If I complained that Sark was learning on the job, what does that have to do with you thinking Petersen is learning on the job?

Ok...so you don't think CP is learning on the job. So be it then.

I do and I think this 2014 season is one of his worst coaching efforts and I'm completely shocked by it. Really shocked by the offense as I thought we would see the BSU offense of old. Disappointed might be a better word for it I guess.

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Peterman is just like Helfrich, he could stay or leave. Too early to tell. might be interesting to listen to the man and watch how he does it since either way, he's gonna be here awhile no matter how people feel about it.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,543
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

5) LIPO
    7) ?
    8) profit

Ok...so you don't think CP is learning on the job. So be it then.

I do and I think this 2014 season is one of his worst coaching efforts and I'm completely shocked by it. Really shocked by the offense as I thought we would see the BSU offense of old. Disappointed might be a better word for it I guess.

For reals? Brah?

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2014
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

5) LIPO
    7) ?
    8) profit

Really shocked by the offense as I thought we would see the BSU offense of old.

Seriously? Have you seen the players we have on offense? Or are you one of these "we have too much talent on offense" kind of people?

The QB sucks, the O line sucks, WRs suck, and the RB are below average at best. Our best running back is a fucking linebacker. I don't even know if they would win the UW intramural flag football championship.

Petersen actually had talent (that he recruited btw) at BSU. As crazy of a concept as it may seem, you actually need good players to win consistently, good coaching doesn't automatically overrule having a pile of dogshit to work with.