Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Finding the silver lining in the desert debacle

2»

Comments

• Options
    MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

What excuse did I make?

Sorry if facts make your snatch hurt but this isn't a good team and hasn't been for years.

Don't disagree with that or the "facts" that you listed. Coaching blew the game in my opinion, and I'm pissed off about it (and concerned).

Framing this as a work in progress (or, if it doesn't work out, then it was "already fucked") and dismissing yesterday as meaningless in relation to the "greater plan" is a fucking excuse (or at least, a cheap distraction) for what occurred. Maybe not to you, and that's fucking fantastic.

I might be faithless in the staff right now, but I'm also not writing off next year (or Peterson).

However, I'm reluctant to simply chalk this year up as some kind of pageant of unavoidable shittiness. Maybe I should.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If I had to find a silver lining, it is this. Helfrich will have to replace Mariota next year. This year's Stanford could become the new norm under Shaw. Sonny Dykes will never have a good defense at Cal. Oregon State and WSU are irrelevant and I don't see that changing anytime soon. The point is, a lot can change over these next few years, which is why LIPO is the wise move.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I watched the game with a detached view since I had spent my emotion helping Lane Kiffin not fuck up My Tide's win over #1 in what was a great game that shows how the SEC will win the national championship rather easily.

Washington is much improved and played like it mattered even though it didn't. Even Miles is less mildly retarded these days and is finally running like he should. The running backs are better, Shaq is back on defense and the green kids in the secondary held their own.

The whole team is vastly improved by addition by subtraction. One game is meaningless and building a program is what counts. If you can't see that maybe your boyfriend can explain the game to you.

And if you're writing off next year all ready you really don't know shit. But I'm not here to tell people what to think even if they would fit in real well at doogman with the hysteria on exhibit here.

When UW had 350 yards and 10 points the game was all but lost. The fact that they held the lead and held Arizona to 3 points for 29 minutes of the second half is a credit to an improved team and a black eye for the best coach in the conference who was standing on the sideline with a stupid fucking look on his face after his pass call cost his unprepared team the game apparently.

We were a Cooper fumble away from laughing at Dick Rod and his ice cream truck and his soft team getting pushed around by a second division team that isn't anywhere near as talented as so many posters here seem to think they are.

You are what your record says you are and UW is a 5-4 conference team that will be 4-5 this year. The world ends at that? Bullshit.

Petersen is changing the losers that lose to winners. Save this post if you want.

Despite the fact that we still have a shitty administration and a faggot AD, this is the best moment of Husky football since Rick was fired in June. And a lot of you fucktards thought that was a good idea.

Petersen is a lone bright spot in a dead program and the last best hope. If he fails it doesn't matter anyway. It's already fucked.

At least wait until Petersen wins before gargling his balls.
    You may be more simple minded than I thought if that's your take away
    I didn't want to type out a Tequilla long post in response to one calling a moral victory against an average Arizona team the best moment for Husky football since Rick was fired. Is that a fucking joke?
    You are right, the best moment of Husky a Football the past 10 years was the day Petersen was hired.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I watched the game with a detached view since I had spent my emotion helping Lane Kiffin not fuck up My Tide's win over #1 in what was a great game that shows how the SEC will win the national championship rather easily.

Washington is much improved and played like it mattered even though it didn't. Even Miles is less mildly retarded these days and is finally running like he should. The running backs are better, Shaq is back on defense and the green kids in the secondary held their own.

The whole team is vastly improved by addition by subtraction. One game is meaningless and building a program is what counts. If you can't see that maybe your boyfriend can explain the game to you.

And if you're writing off next year all ready you really don't know shit. But I'm not here to tell people what to think even if they would fit in real well at doogman with the hysteria on exhibit here.

When UW had 350 yards and 10 points the game was all but lost. The fact that they held the lead and held Arizona to 3 points for 29 minutes of the second half is a credit to an improved team and a black eye for the best coach in the conference who was standing on the sideline with a stupid fucking look on his face after his pass call cost his unprepared team the game apparently.

We were a Cooper fumble away from laughing at Dick Rod and his ice cream truck and his soft team getting pushed around by a second division team that isn't anywhere near as talented as so many posters here seem to think they are.

You are what your record says you are and UW is a 5-4 conference team that will be 4-5 this year. The world ends at that? Bullshit.

Petersen is changing the losers that lose to winners. Save this post if you want.

Despite the fact that we still have a shitty administration and a faggot AD, this is the best moment of Husky football since Rick was fired in June. And a lot of you fucktards thought that was a good idea.

Petersen is a lone bright spot in a dead program and the last best hope. If he fails it doesn't matter anyway. It's already fucked.

I didn't want to type out a Tequilla long post in response to one calling a moral victory against an average Arizona team the best moment for Husky football since Rick was fired. Is that a fucking joke?
    You are right, the best moment of Husky a Football the past 10 years was the day Petersen was hired.
    What a benchmark...
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

#whyistayed
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    If the season ended right now, it's totally fair to call it a failure.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

What a benchmark...
    Thatsthepoint.com
  • Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If I had to find a silver lining, it is this. Helfrich will have to replace Mariota next year. This year's Stanford could become the new norm under Shaw. Sonny Dykes will never have a good defense at Cal. Oregon State and WSU are irrelevant and I don't see that changing anytime soon. The point is, a lot can change over these next few years, which is why LIPO is the wise move.

Hoping on the rest of the division to sink to your level? $3.5 million obamabucks per don't buy what they used to.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    TSIO, that's been the underpinnings for a month and a half.

There was some bad fundamentals in play yesterday. A proper snap and holding onto the ball, doesn't get much more basic than that.

But as Race says, from a big picture standpoint, that is by far the best the team has looked all year. The was a clear offensive scheme that was superior to the defense they faced. They used formation, personnel and playcalling. A kindergarten young defense backfield gave up 2 big plays, but neither player got beat like that again.

The loss sucked ass. It should have been a 38/45 to 20 win. The difference in the game were dumbass mistakes made by dumbass 20 year olds. But I finally saw some of the program level things I'd been waiting for all year.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    PS, to all of us looking for an offensive character, you saw it for the first time Saturday. That was no fluke. Scheme wise, that was Chris Petersen football. For example, they lined up in tackle-over unbalanced several times. Designed QB runs. Shift & motion.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PS, to all of us looking for an offensive character, you saw it for the first time Saturday. That was no fluke. Scheme wise, that was Chris Petersen football. For example, they lined up in tackle-over unbalanced several times. Designed QB runs. Shift & motion.

Chris Petersen abandoned designed QB runs for half the season. Who knew that Cyler Miles could run a little bit? We didn't see it last season or at the beginning of this season or anything.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Chris Petersen abandoned designed QB runs for half the season. Who knew that Cyler Miles could run a little bit? We didn't see it last season or at the beginning of this season or anything.
    Cyler ran like a pussy earlier in the season. For all the love for the Wild Swede he ran like a pussy after the first couple runs versus Hawaii. For whatever reason, and we here won't know why, Cyler runs with some intent finally.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cyler looked more comfortable yesterday. Nobody other than Dennis was harder on him than me. Yes he fucked up and pissed me off yesterday but at times he looked like a QB.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

Cyler looked more comfortable yesterday. Nobody other than Dennis was harder on him than me. Yes he fucked up and pissed me off yesterday but at times he looked like a QB.

More comfortable yes. He still had several cases of the happy feet though.
  • Options
    SteenSteen Member Posts: 17
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Up Votes

Is this satire? If not, I miss RACE. Damnit!

When Race is the voice of reason it might be time for the chicken littles to STFU. You don't know shit yet.
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    Simple fact...game management + poor coaching decisions have cost the team the opportunity to win 3 games (Stanford, ASU and Zona) this year.

It is scary to hear the 0-12 talent/culture theory becoming more common place on this website. Coach Pete walked into a program that won 9 games including a bowl win. Some people act like the locker room had never tasted winning and that to be created from the ground floor. The schedule was set up perfect for a new coaching staff to come in and establish their culture while beating up on some cupcakes.

Yet there has been a constant disconnect between what they are apparently trying to teach in the film room/practice field to what is being executed on the field. Combine that with the bone headed game management decisions on game day, it comes down to one person, and that is Coach Pete.

No matter what happens from hear on out, Year 1 has been a complete FAILURE. The coaching staff is coming up on their 1 yr anniversary with the program, and we still see a very basic mistakes being made in every game, which has to lower your confidence for what the future holds.
  • Options
    SteenSteen Member Posts: 17
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Up Votes
    Only the idiots who irrationally saw 11 wins and PAC-12 North title think this season a failure. Anyone that knows football could foresee the switch to a more disciplined and demanding coach being harder than the reverse, and with last years squad's level of ghetto fucktardedness, especially so. It goes beyond the talent lost from attrition of the knuckleheads, the culture Pete wants is many times more detail oriented than anything that fat armenian frat boy required. When you add in (evidently) his best QB on the roster is a noodle armed dipshit, who has terrible decision making on and off the field is it really that surprising where they're at in the process? LIFPO.
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    edited November 2014
    @Steen‌

Not sure who was calling for a Pac 12 north title. But a 10 win season was the most common standard set with a bowl a chance to make it 11. Based on the schedule, there was a good chance at 8 built in wins, and outside of Oregon, there is a small talent delta in the 5 other games to get you to 10 wins.

So yes, even if we win out, we will not achieve the desired win total, not have a win over a QUALITY team and even more disturbing is the fact coaching failures have cost us a chance at 3 more wins.

But go ahead and remind people of the Try Losingham to Seven transition by talking about culture, talent, attrition, etc and come up with some more dumb fuck excuses on why this season is not a complete FAILURE.
  • Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504

Don't worry, my "patented process" will lift me out of this hole.