Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What I'm wondering is...

PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
...will Petersen look back at this season and learn from his mistakes? Will he improve? He's always preaching improvement to his players. Will he put his money where his mouth is and do the same? I'm concerned that a 50-year-old is set in his ways and what we see is what we get.

This was definitely one of the worst games most of us have seen and, unfortunately, we've seen a lot of them. All of it was on coaching.

Comments

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Outside of the odd Miles oops-I-forgot-I-was-holding-the-ball drops, Id agree. This was on coaching.

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,591
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    They keep saying the players need the extra practices with the bowl game but I think it's the coaches that need the extra practices and games
  • Options
    Founders Club

The fact we are discussing that Pete needs to improve his game management skills after all of his head coaching experience scares the shit out of me.

It scares the shit out of me too. We thought he was a seasoned veteran and had all these small coaching things down pat. But, he has definitely fucked a bunch of game-time shit up this season. Forget the penalties, turnovers, and lack of consistency by the players. Those things get worked on in practice. The game-time decisions have been frustrating, really noticed first in the Stanford game with the boneheaded decisions on the fake punt and deciding to accept a 5-yard penalty and a re-kick on a K/O.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Alabama 7-6 year 1 under Saban.

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I was wondering the EXACT same thing. I think he learned from the 4th and 6 fake punt. And, I think he will learn from this.

Not sure though.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

They keep saying the players need the extra practices with the bowl game but I think it's the coaches that need the extra practices and games

The coaches have been in football for many years longer than the players. They should not be deficient in clock management. Two extra weeks of practice aren't going to fix this. It's going to take some real effort on the part of Petersen. He's going to have to make some changes and tough decisions. He needs to earn the millions he's getting from the UW. He has tanked at least 2 games this season.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    EwaDawg said:

I was wondering the EXACT same thing. I think he learned from the 4th and 6 fake punt. And, I think he will learn from this.

Not sure though.

Thing is, we aren't paying him to "learn"
  • Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    mobey said:

That's some cut rate trolling there.
  • Options
    Founders Club

EwaDawg said:

Not sure though.

Good poont! Sure, we're always learning/improving on the job. But, as he preaches fundamentals to players, he also needs to clean up his own fundamentals. If you're going to hand the ball off for that one play, why not spend 5 seconds to tell Coop to make sure he has both hands on the ball and keeps it secure?! I would call that one of those "little things" that the staff should be preaching to the players.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992

EwaDawg said:

Not sure though.

Well. You're never too old or smart to learn. Also, if you're not getting better you are getting worse.

I guess the TLDR version is we are not paying hiim "to not learn" either.

• Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Not happy with year 1.

But anyone who thought we'd win 10 was a Peter doog.

We'll know more next year.

QB is the most important position and Miles certainly isn't a Peterman QB.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    mobey said:

Not happy with year 1.

SarkFS won 9 last year, and this schedule was built to prop up his stupid ass. Anything less than 10 is a failure on so many levels.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    mobey said:

mobey said:

Not happy with year 1.

SarkFS won 9 last year, and this schedule was built to prop up his stupid ass. Anything less than 10 is a failure on so many levels.
    Get the fuck out of here.

Sark ... Fart.

The mother fucker wouldn't have won any more games this year than Peterman ...

I've got some concerns, but it is year one.

Sark was heading into year 6 and last year he had a senior QB ...

So fuck off with that line of thinking.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,851
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    The questions about coach are valid...but after them basically blow the gayme instead of losing by 35, there's a glimmer of hope. Yes I'm strangling the fence
  • Options
    Founders Club

The questions about coach are valid...but after them basically blow the gayme instead of losing by 35, there's a glimmer of hope. Yes I'm strangling the fence

Losses like this are more devastating. You are this ' ' close to beating a team on the road and you find a way to give it away. A solid coaching staff would have put the players in position to win this game.

It's almost easier to stomach a plungering.