Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    How is this possible?

I guess he doesn't throw pics...

"With a 142.3 rating, Husky QB Cyler Miles ranks No. 33 in the nation in pass efficiency, two spots behind WSU's Connor Halliday, seven spots higher than Stanford's Kevin Hogan, 14 spots in front of Arizona's Anu Salomon and 25 places ahead of OSU's Sean Mannion."
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476

How is this possible?

"With a 142.3 rating, Husky QB Cyler Miles ranks No. 33 in the nation in pass efficiency, two spots behind WSU's Connor Halliday, seven spots higher than Stanford's Kevin Hogan, 14 spots in front of Arizona's Anu Salomon and 25 places ahead of OSU's Sean Mannion."

Because all he throws are dinks and dunks, so he has a high completion % and 2 INTs.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476

How is this possible?

Because all he throws are dinks and dunks, so he has a high completion % and 2 INTs.
    So QB rating is a worthless measure...
    The most worthless.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

How is this possible?

Yes.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

How is this possible?

Yes, yes it is
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I think so, particularly in CFB compared the NFL.

I look more at YPA and total TO's (INTs + fumbles) and number of sacks can be interesting, depending on what the #1 reason is (QB holding onto the ball too long / slow with reads, a lack of escapability, or a crappy OL, or less frequently, a pedestrian WR corp that can't get open).

How is this possible?

• Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Jesus reading that article and not knowing anything about the UW season you would think the Dawgs are 8-2
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,732
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LaZoris said:

Jesus reading that article and not knowing anything about the UW season you would think the Dawgs are a hail Mary away from a top 5 ranking

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I remeber Dave Krieg's rating being comparable with Elway's and Montana's when I was little Bill so yes, it has flaws.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

How is this possible?

I prefer the scoreboard.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Winning is the only metric, as always.