Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Republicans are racists

HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
powerlineblog.com/archives/2014/11/black-ohio-democrat-denounces-plantation-style-management-by-his-state-party.php

After Burdish was elected, Barnes says he was told by Democratic leadership that he would not be permitted to communicate with Budish about committee assignments, as white Democratic legislators are permitted to do. Instead, he was told he would have to communicate only through the leader of the Legislative Black Caucus.

Barnes: "I understand what the focus is, that you want to have people together so you can manage them like they’re on a plantation. That’s just unacceptable. It’s insulting to my intelligence. It’s insulting to the people who honor me with the opportunity of serving a community and serving in the Ohio House of Representatives. You can’t have a process where you tell people, ‘You’re black, you go over here.’ It’s almost telling me I have to go in the back door of a restaurant.

Comments