Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Either way it should be interesting

Either Peterman is who we think he is.

Or he's not.

If he's not ... then Sark isn't who we thought he was either.

Comments

• Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    You're overthinking this.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

It was the right hire. It might not work out but it was the correct one at the time. Coaching is a roll of the dice.

If it doesn't work out it is the school and not the coach.

We will be destined to be 7-5 with an occasional 9 win season and Holiday Bowl.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Give it another 10-12 games. You'll know for sure.

He is still wiping the Sark smut off the roster.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    Jesus Christ, people. It's getting embarrassing out here. Show a little composure.

Pete's legit. Last night's loss drops him all the way down to 98-16. Look at the fucking dreck he had to work with last night, against a ranked UCLA team that's playing it's best ball of the season. You might recall these Bruins smoked Sark's vicious animals last year, too.

The depleted Huskies showed backbone, never quit (for once!), made some second half adjustments, and got back in the game. It sucks they lost, and now this roadtrip to Tucson really looms huge. But not a single thing that happened last night diminishes my utter confidence that UW finally has the right coach. LIFPO.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,539
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

Jesus Christ, people. It's getting embarrassing out here. Show a little composure.

Pete's legit. Last night's loss drops him all the way down to 98-16. Look at the fucking dreck he had to work with last night, against a ranked UCLA team that's playing it's best ball of the season. You might recall these Bruins smoked Sark's vicious animals last year, too.

The depleted Huskies showed backbone, never quit (for once!), made some second half adjustments, and got back in the game. It sucks they lost, and now this roadtrip to Tucson really looms huge. But not a single thing that happened last night diminishes my utter confidence that UW finally has the right coach. LIFPO.

I agree with most of this, but christ, the shit starts need to stop. They were at home against an arrogant team that could use a good face-pounding. They showed backbone, but at times they just looked bullied out there. Definite carryover from Sark era that needs to stop now.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Last night was probably the most complete game that UCLA played all season ...

Outside of the blown coverage by Budda, the longest pass play by UCLA all night was under 20 yards.

UCLA shows a propensity for negative plays, penalties, and general sloppiness. We couldn't get negative plays after Kikaha left ... UCLA somehow managed to play a fairly clean game (not sure how as I saw a ton of holds) ... and when they were sloppy the ball bounced right back to them.

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2014
    Tequilla said:

Last night was probably the most complete game that UCLA played all season ...

Outside of the blown coverage by Budda, the longest pass play by UCLA all night was under 20 yards.

UCLA shows a propensity for negative plays, penalties, and general sloppiness. We couldn't get negative plays after Kikaha left ... UCLA somehow managed to play a fairly clean game (not sure how as I saw a ton of holds) ... and when they were sloppy the ball bounced right back to them.

Why throw downfield when everything underneath was wide open? Why try anything more than that? We ran a soft zone the whole game and Hundley picked us apart. We kept our safeties deep to cover the deep ball, brought a LB out on the slot for every down, leaving 5 in the box and they ran up the middle or off-tackle most of the game. And when it was 3rd down, find the soft spot in the zone coverage and convert.

I said before the game UCLA would win by 14. I'm actually surprised they didn't win by more.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

Petersen will be legit when he he actually wins. There was nothing legit about last night. 98-16 is about as relevant as Coog/Ducks who remind us that the other Boise coaches failed when they moved on.

The final grade will come in a few years, but I have always, and will always bash the coach when UW plays like shit.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,580
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Some good old fashioned dooging going on ITT