Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Russell Wilson and Jake Locker

2»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Unfortunately, that article says it all.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Looks like they're going to try dumbing down the offense. They must have been reading this thread. :D
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I'll jump into chat in bit..
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fleenor knew that the Titans were going to do this in 2004. I know I'm accused of being a Jake basher simply because I said he is as dumb as a bag of hammers but he is. Doesn't make him a bad person, just a bad QB.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

That's a clown question, bro

Why you clowning me?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Why you clowning me?
    Can't we get back to talking Xs and Os?
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Kate Beckinsale xoxoxoxoooo
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1

Clowns scare me
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Is Locker the next Stanback?

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

C'mon Derek. This topic gets tossed around and it's aim is usually to take a swipe at those who supported Locker. Some idiot sticks have even accused Millen of being a racist for his support of Locker and initial lack thereof for Wilson.

Anyway, I agree he would have made a helluva a safety, but who would you have plugged in at quarterback? Except for Stanback, that position was weak as hell under Willingham and is only now getting deep under Sark.

Millen is a racist.
    Classy post.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

My God, let the kid play at least 1 full season before you bury his career. If RW3 is the standard, then every QB outside of Peyton Manning is a failure based on his amazing rooking year.

And Stouffer, really? What an idiot statement!!! Jake may never be a top tier QB, but he has already surpassed what that clown did in his entire career.

If the Titans embrace the "mobile QB" offense that others are having success with, then I think you may re-think your "expert" analysis of Jake.

I guess my "expert" analysis proved to be accurate after all. @IrishDawg22
    Except for one thing: Everyone always cites Locker's natural position as safety. I was standing right next to the guy a couple weekends ago, and he's gigantic. Substantially bigger than almost every pro defensive back I've seen in person (Kam Chancellor exists, but that experiment hadn't played out yet). I'm not so sure he wouldn't have grown into a linebacker had he played defense his entire career.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

My God, let the kid play at least 1 full season before you bury his career. If RW3 is the standard, then every QB outside of Peyton Manning is a failure based on his amazing rooking year.

And Stouffer, really? What an idiot statement!!! Jake may never be a top tier QB, but he has already surpassed what that clown did in his entire career.

If the Titans embrace the "mobile QB" offense that others are having success with, then I think you may re-think your "expert" analysis of Jake.

Except for one thing: Everyone always cites Locker's natural position as safety. I was standing right next to the guy a couple weekends ago, and he's gigantic. Substantially bigger than almost every pro defensive back I've seen in person (Kam Chancellor exists, but that experiment hadn't played out yet). I'm not so sure he wouldn't have grown into a linebacker had he played defense his entire career.
    Stop plagiarism my shit fucko!!

You’re right you know.

Though again, he never would have survived long at LB or safety or his best position (RB) because his body just wouldn’t hold up.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Though again, he never would have survived long at LB or safety or his best position (RB) because his body just wouldn’t hold up.

This thought also crossed my mind. Although I guess on defense you're generally more prepared for the hits you take.

• Options
    Founders Club

The Locker not playing QB stuff was stupid. Why would he move? He was a first round pick at QB. That doesn’t mean he was a good college QB because he wasn’t, but he was in the right position. If we had two better QB’s than move him. We didn’t and he was always the best QB on the team.

Bonnet and Rainbow Ronnie were horrible. Price was a R-Fr Jake’s senior year.

He didn't have the intellect or mindset to play QB
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

To be fair, this was before @irishdawg was dialed in.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

The Locker not playing QB stuff was stupid. Why would he move? He was a first round pick at QB. That doesn’t mean he was a good college QB because he wasn’t, but he was in the right position. If we had two better QB’s than move him. We didn’t and he was always the best QB on the team.

Butt to Roadies point he was five times the QB of anyone else on the roster
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Butt to Roadies point he was five times the QB of anyone else on the roster
    Point taken
  • Options
    Founders Club
    @IrishDawg22's silence speaks volumes