Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Russell Wilson and Jake Locker

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited February 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
One is a rookie quarterback who is very special and playing the position right for him.

The other is an extremely athletic safety trying to play quarterback.

One is headed for a brilliant and respected NFL career.

The other is headed the way of Kelly Stouffer.

It didn't have to be this way.

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Take the bitter political act elsewhere. Knock it off or we will do it for you.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    I love Jake, a warrior who really let it all hang out as a Husky. The guy played hurt, a lot, and did come back for his senior year. But his inconsistency in a pro style offense indicates that the problem lies between his ears. Not sure how he can overcome this other than with assistance from the coaching staff in simplifying the crap out of the offense. Either way, I really hope he makes it. He's a Husky through and through and a very good young man. Husky fans bashing him for the sake of making a point seems a bit misguided.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club

I love Jake, a warrior who really let it all hang out as a Husky. The guy played hurt, a lot, and did come back for his senior year. But his inconsistency in a pro style offense indicates that the problem lies between his ears. Not sure how he can overcome this other than with assistance from the coaching staff in simplifying the crap out of the offense. Either way, I really hope he makes it. He's a Husky through and through and a very good young man. Husky fans bashing him for the sake of making a point seems a bit misguided.

You're saying the same thing as me but in more of a soft shoe manner.

Prior to his senior season, Jake himself said that if he had to do all over again, he would have been a safety. Is he guilty of bashing himself?

I like Jake too, but for some reason, pointing out the obvious with Jake equals bashing. I don't get it.
    Founders Club
    C'mon Derek. This topic gets tossed around and it's aim is usually to take a swipe at those who supported Locker. Some idiot sticks have even accused Millen of being a racist for his support of Locker and initial lack thereof for Wilson.

Anyway, I agree he would have made a helluva a safety, but who would you have plugged in at quarterback? Except for Stanback, that position was weak as hell under Willingham and is only now getting deep under Sark.
    Founders Club
    For starters, Carl Bonnell had the job taken away from him before Locker had taken a snap.
    Swaye's Wigwam

C'mon Derek. This topic gets tossed around and it's aim is usually to take a swipe at those who supported Locker. Some idiot sticks have even accused Millen of being a racist for his support of Locker and initial lack thereof for Wilson.

Anyway, I agree he would have made a helluva a safety, but who would you have plugged in at quarterback? Except for Stanback, that position was weak as hell under Willingham and is only now getting deep under Sark.

Millen is a racist.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    My God, let the kid play at least 1 full season before you bury his career. If RW3 is the standard, then every QB outside of Peyton Manning is a failure based on his amazing rooking year.

And Stouffer, really? What an idiot statement!!! Jake may never be a top tier QB, but he has already surpassed what that clown did in his entire career.

If the Titans embrace the "mobile QB" offense that others are having success with, then I think you may re-think your "expert" analysis of Jake.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Stoufer wasn't a good QB, but what made him a clown? Seemed like a decent guy. Just couldn't get it going inthe field.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Stoufer wasn't a good QB, but what made him a clown? Seemed like a decent guy. Just couldn't get it going inthe field.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye's Wigwam

What about Brian Kelly
    Founders Club

For starters, Carl Bonnell had the job taken away from him before Locker had taken a snap.

Bonnell was a senior during Jake's redshirt freshman year, and if I'm not mistaken, Locker was named the PAC10 Freshman of the Year that year as the starting quarterback. I'm not sure Bonnell would have been much of an upgrade. But for arguments sake let's say Bonnell did represent the best option at quarterback that year. Who replaces him the next year, so Locker is free to play safety?

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

My God, let the kid play at least 1 full season before you bury his career. If RW3 is the standard, then every QB outside of Peyton Manning is a failure based on his amazing rooking year.

And Stouffer, really? What an idiot statement!!! Jake may never be a top tier QB, but he has already surpassed what that clown did in his entire career.

If the Titans embrace the "mobile QB" offense that others are having success with, then I think you may re-think your "expert" analysis of Jake.

Jake Locker is not a good quarterback.

UW upgraded at the position the day his eligibility expired.
    Founders Club

Bonnell was a senior during Jake's redshirt freshman year, and if I'm not mistaken, Locker was named the PAC10 Freshman of the Year that year as the starting quarterback. I'm not sure Bonnell would have been much of an upgrade. But for arguments sake let's say Bonnell did represent the best option at quarterback that year. Who replaces him the next year, so Locker is free to play safety?

If Jake was playing safety, they obviously would have recruited someone else to fill the QB role in multiple recruiting classes.

But then again, as we saw with the lack of QB depth during the 2012 season, it's no sure thing that Washington coaches of late would have handled that adeptly.
    Founders Club
    Stouffer wasn't a good QB, but what made him a clown? Seemed like a decent guy. Just couldn't get it going in the field.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Stouffer wasn't a good QB, but what made him a clown? Seemed like a decent guy. Just couldn't get it going in the field.

I know, right? ANSWER THE QUESTIONS!!1!!

Swaye's Wigwam

If Jake was playing safety, they obviously would have recruited someone else to fill the QB role in multiple recruiting classes.

But then again, as we saw with the lack of QB depth during the 2012 season, it's no sure thing that Washington coaches of late would have handled that adeptly.
    They would have probably just played with 10 guys and ran the pistol.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That's a clown question, bro