Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hey Kim, zona is #12 witb 2 and 3* talent

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,847
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Maybe Petersen's 3-4* okg's might just damn be good enough to win with. Sark's 4-5* guys sure didnt work out so hot yoh little buttsniffing wino wannabe

But what about Oregon state?! That's what I thought.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jake wasn't a 5 star?

According to sark, Jake coming back for his senior year was a "10 star."

How many coaches get 10 star recruits, haters?! Enough said on that.
  • Options
    KenNDKenND Member Posts: 272

I don't recall Chris Izbicki ever being a 5* and his final scout rating was a 4* (which was clearly pushing it too).

http://washington.scout.com/a.z?s=147&p=8&c=1&nid=2329304

Kavario Middleton was the only 5* Tyrone ever got.

It wouldn't surprise me if they retroactively changed Izbicki to a 4-star a year or more after that recruiting cycle. They used to get crap from people about that on the old Dawgman boards, and I am 100% sure that the top for TEs that year were 5-stars. They had him rated right behind Rob Gronkowski. Holy shit.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited October 2014
    KenND said:

I don't recall Chris Izbicki ever being a 5* and his final scout rating was a 4* (which was clearly pushing it too).

It wouldn't surprise me if they retroactively changed Izbicki to a 4-star a year or more after that recruiting cycle. They used to get crap from people about that on the old Dawgman boards, and I am 100% sure that the top for TEs that year were 5-stars. They had him rated right behind Rob Gronkowski. Holy shit.
    He was downgraded to a 4 star long before signing day.

Conspiracy theories are fun, but you're full of shit.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I don't believe they had stars then. He was however a Seattle Times 'white chip' recruit... so there's that.
  • Options
    dnc said:

KenND said:

Settle down. I didn't say that it happened, just that it wouldn't surprise me if they did. I've seen guys lose stars and change to NR after recruiting is over. Either way, I stand by my opinion that Izbicki was only rated what he was to try and hype up UW's recruiting.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    KenND said:

dnc said:

KenND said:

Settle down. I didn't say that it happened, just that it wouldn't surprise me if they did. I've seen guys lose stars and change to NR after recruiting is over. Either way, I stand by my opinion that Izbicki was only rated what he was to try and hype up UW's recruiting.
    I'm calling bullshit.

And Izbicki was the #11 TE on ESPN and #13 on Rivals, while #4 on Scout. Four star recruit by all three services. If you follow recruiting at all, and you clearly do, you know that there is a much wider disparity between services on tons of recruits every year. Your conspiracy theory is just as fucking stupid now as it was then.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,438
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Meek said:

Jake was a 4* who should sue Sarkisian for about $48,000,000.

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

KenND said:

KenND said:

KenND said:

KenND said:

How many 5* did Sark have?

Depends on whether you want to use the Dawgman-inflated Scout.com rankings. Shaq was universally considered to be a 5-star. Kasen and ASJ were 4-stars.
    This.

And we paid 500k + a boat for Shaq.
    Kim and F3 got Chris Izbicki rated as a 5-star for gods sake.
    You are giving Kim and F3 way too much credit. Scout know that they are idiots. They don't do the rankings.
    To be clear, I don't think that those two do the rankings. What I do think that they do is pressure the guys who are doing the rankings to inflate a ranking here or there in order to create some buzz and sell subscriptions. All of the team sites do it.
    To add to this, the Chris Izbicki 5-star ranking was one of the most transparent examples of ranking inflation. I still see fans of other teams who follow recruiting mention it on occasion when talking about how retarded that Scout.com is.
    I know Chris a little bit and played against him. He was never anything special. A solid high school player, nothing more.

Fetters wrote articles on a kid from my high school team that was a third string TE who never caught a pass. He said the TE oozed potential. He got a two star ranking because he was 6'4" 220 and went to Barton and another regional combine and ran a 4.8.

Zach Banner was another head scratcher. He had tons of offers too. I know he was huge and had great bloodlines, but I saw a 5'10" 200 pound kid from White River dominate him all game long. The kid from White River had like 3 or 4 sacks and a handful of other QB pressures and tackles for loss. At least he had some potential and started for USC, but I was shocked he was rated for high. The #11 ranked tackle should be dominant imo.
    Banner got all his offers and recruiting clout as a freshman and sophomore. He was a huge kid as a 9th grader and was Lincoln Kennedy's son so the TBS's drooled over him. I saw him after his senior season st the gym and he looked like he had no muscle at all. Really skinny arms, big fat belly, huge head. He could only bench 225 one time. Did spend a lot of time telling everyone that he was gonna start at SC in his first year though.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

KenND said:

KenND said:

KenND said:

KenND said:

How many 5* did Sark have?

Depends on whether you want to use the Dawgman-inflated Scout.com rankings. Shaq was universally considered to be a 5-star. Kasen and ASJ were 4-stars.
    This.

And we paid 500k + a boat for Shaq.
    Kim and F3 got Chris Izbicki rated as a 5-star for gods sake.
    You are giving Kim and F3 way too much credit. Scout know that they are idiots. They don't do the rankings.
    To be clear, I don't think that those two do the rankings. What I do think that they do is pressure the guys who are doing the rankings to inflate a ranking here or there in order to create some buzz and sell subscriptions. All of the team sites do it.
    To add to this, the Chris Izbicki 5-star ranking was one of the most transparent examples of ranking inflation. I still see fans of other teams who follow recruiting mention it on occasion when talking about how retarded that Scout.com is.
    I know Chris a little bit and played against him. He was never anything special. A solid high school player, nothing more.

Fetters wrote articles on a kid from my high school team that was a third string TE who never caught a pass. He said the TE oozed potential. He got a two star ranking because he was 6'4" 220 and went to Barton and another regional combine and ran a 4.8.

Zach Banner was another head scratcher. He had tons of offers too. I know he was huge and had great bloodlines, but I saw a 5'10" 200 pound kid from White River dominate him all game long. The kid from White River had like 3 or 4 sacks and a handful of other QB pressures and tackles for loss. At least he had some potential and started for USC, but I was shocked he was rated for high. The #11 ranked tackle should be dominant imo.
    Banner got all his offers and recruiting clout as a freshman and sophomore. He was a huge kid as a 9th grader and was Lincoln Kennedy's son so the TBS's drooled over him. I saw him after his senior season st the gym and he looked like he had no muscle at all. Really skinny arms, big fat belly, huge head. He could only bench 225 one time. Did spend a lot of time telling everyone that he was gonna start at SC in his first year though.
    Bench press is overrated - Ken Griswold

• Options
    Zach Banner always thought of himself as a basketball player first. http://espn.go.com/blog/colleges/usc/post/_/id/16667/bright-future-around-bend-for-banner?ex_cid=espnapi_public

He's a sophomore starting at USC. I wish he was at Washington right now, like he should be... would be... if UW had ANY other coach but Sark at the time.

Losing Banner, Garnet and Williams when Washington was the first choice for all 3... ALL 3 wanted to go to Washington... the school... and become Huskies. It's the single biggest recruiting failure of Sark's tenure at Washington.

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Zach Banner always thought of himself as a basketball player first. http://espn.go.com/blog/colleges/usc/post/_/id/16667/bright-future-around-bend-for-banner?ex_cid=espnapi_public

He's a sophomore starting at USC. I wish he was at Washington right now, like he should be... would be... if UW had ANY other coach but Sark at the time.

Losing Banner, Garnet and Williams when Washington was the first choice for all 3... ALL 3 wanted to go to Washington... the school... and become Huskies. It's the single biggest recruiting failure of Sark's tenure at Washington.

Banner and Williams did. Garnett did not.

Garnett is the only one I thought was good enough. We will see on Banner.....

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476
    One thing about recruiting is you can't teach size or speed.

If someone sucks dick on the field, that's concerning but it might not be the end of the world because that's something you can coach. Put them in the weight room every day for 2-3 years and let them see the field as a RS-soph or RS-Jr once they're ready. And if they're never ready, run them out of the program like Sark did.

Not everyone needs to be a Jake Locker or Budda Baker. It'd be nice if they were, but it's not completely necessary.
  • Options
    TommySQC said:

Not true. Garnett didn't trust Sark and didn't want to experience a coaching change under adverse circumstances... 'allegedly'
  • Options

TommySQC said:

Not true. Garnett didn't trust Sark and didn't want to experience a coaching change under adverse circumstances... 'allegedly'
    Garnett wanted to go to WASHINGTON, DAMMIT. Garnett just didn't want to go to Sark.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Once upon a time, before Scooot hired Biggins, F3 was actually their Northwest recrooting analrapist. He up-rated a bunch of Seattle kids, which made people on eQuook start the "King County All Stars" meme. Once Scooot hired people that had some idea of how football works, F3 went back to some bullshit made-up job at doogman. But yeah, back when F3 was involved in the process, he definitely overrated a bunch of NW guys.
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

Once upon a time, before Scooot hired Biggins, F3 was actually their Northwest recrooting analrapist. He up-rated a bunch of Seattle kids, which made people on eQuook start the "King County All Stars" meme. Once Scooot hired people that had some idea of how football works, F3 went back to some bullshit made-up job at doogman. But yeah, back when F3 was involved in the process, he definitely overrated a bunch all of NW guys.

Yeah, funny how just about everyone from the PNW was overrated when F3 was assigning stars and rankings.
  • Options
    dnc said:

KenND said:

dnc said:

KenND said:

I'm calling bullshit.

And Izbicki was the #11 TE on ESPN and #13 on Rivals, while #4 on Scout. Four star recruit by all three services. If you follow recruiting at all, and you clearly do, you know that there is a much wider disparity between services on tons of recruits every year. Your conspiracy theory is just as fucking stupid now as it was then.
    You can call bullshit all that you'd like. Any example that I'd give to you would be a ND player, and I highly doubt that you'd be familiar enough with where a ND player was ranked years ago for it to be convincing to you, so I'm not going to waste my time.

As far as the other stuff goes, it seems like everyone here but you knows that Scout inflates rankings for NW and Western recruits.