Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hey Kim, zona is #12 witb 2 and 3* talent

Maybe Petersen's 3-4* okg's might just damn be good enough to win with. Sark's 4-5* guys sure didnt work out so hot yoh little buttsniffing wino wannabe

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    How many 5* did Sark have?
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,526
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    There's a ton of 1 loss teams so if they all win out, it should come down to who has the most impressive wins.

I think 3? That has always been one of the big myths. He really didn't get any more big time guys than other UW coaches.
  • Options
    MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment

I think 3? That has always been one of the big myths. He really didn't get any more big time guys than other UW coaches.
    Three: Shaq, ASJ, Kasen
  • Options
    KenNDKenND Member Posts: 272
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2014

Depends on whether you want to use the Dawgman-inflated Scout.com rankings. Shaq was universally considered to be a 5-star. Kasen and ASJ were 4-stars on Rivals.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    KenND said:

KenND said:

Depends on whether you want to use the Dawgman-inflated Scout.com rankings. Shaq was universally considered to be a 5-star. Kasen and ASJ were 4-stars.
    This.

And we paid 500k + a boat for Shaq.
    Kim and F3 got Chris Izbicki rated as a 5-star for gods sake.
    King County All-Stars.
  • Options

KenND said:

KenND said:

Depends on whether you want to use the Dawgman-inflated Scout.com rankings. Shaq was universally considered to be a 5-star. Kasen and ASJ were 4-stars.
    This.

You are giving Kim and F3 way too much credit. Scout know that they are idiots. They don't do the rankings.
    To be clear, I don't think that those two do the rankings. What I do think that they do is pressure the guys who are doing the rankings to inflate a ranking here or there in order to create some buzz and sell subscriptions. All of the team sites do it.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,217
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The who's who in Seattle sports
  • Options
    KenND said:

KenND said:

KenND said:

This.

You are giving Kim and F3 way too much credit. Scout know that they are idiots. They don't do the rankings.
    To be clear, I don't think that those two do the rankings. What I do think that they do is pressure the guys who are doing the rankings to inflate a ranking here or there in order to create some buzz and sell subscriptions. All of the team sites do it.
    To add to this, the Chris Izbicki 5-star ranking was one of the most transparent examples of ranking inflation. I still see fans of other teams who follow recruiting mention it on occasion when talking about how retarded that Scout.com is.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    KenND said:

KenND said:

KenND said:

KenND said:

This.

To add to this, the Chris Izbicki 5-star ranking was one of the most transparent examples of ranking inflation. I still see fans of other teams who follow recruiting mention it on occasion when talking about how retarded that Scout.com is.
    I know Chris a little bit and played against him. He was never anything special. A solid high school player, nothing more.

Fetters wrote articles on a kid from my high school team that was a third string TE who never caught a pass. He said the TE oozed potential. He got a two star ranking because he was 6'4" 220 and went to Barton and another regional combine and ran a 4.8.

Zach Banner was another head scratcher. He had tons of offers too. I know he was huge and had great bloodlines, but I saw a 5'10" 200 pound kid from White River dominate him all game long. The kid from White River had like 3 or 4 sacks and a handful of other QB pressures and tackles for loss. At least he had some potential and started for USC, but I was shocked he was rated for high. The #11 ranked tackle should be dominant imo.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

KenND said:

KenND said:

KenND said:

KenND said:

This.

I know Chris a little bit and played against him. He was never anything special. A solid high school player, nothing more.

Fetters wrote articles on a kid from my high school team that was a third string TE who never caught a pass. He said the TE oozed potential. He got a two star ranking because he was 6'4" 220 and went to Barton and another regional combine and ran a 4.8.

Zach Banner was another head scratcher. He had tons of offers too. I know he was huge and had great bloodlines, but I saw a 5'10" 200 pound kid from White River dominate him all game long. The kid from White River had like 3 or 4 sacks and a handful of other QB pressures and tackles for loss. At least he had some potential and started for USC, but I was shocked he was rated for high. The #11 ranked tackle should be dominant imo.
    so you're like 25 years old? damn, i thought you were a wise old football veteran. #BubblePopped
  • Options
    MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment
    I don't recall Chris Izbicki ever being a 5* and his final scout rating was a 4* (which was clearly pushing it too).

http://washington.scout.com/a.z?s=147&p=8&c=1&nid=2329304

Kavario Middleton was the only 5* Tyrone ever got.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,217
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Jake wasn't a 5 star?
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Cody Bruns as a 4 star will always be one of my favs. Another F3 classic.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    according to Rivals pac-12 recruiting rankings Washington vs. Arizona

2010 UW 6 UA 9

2011 UW 5 UA 8 *Stoops fired. UA posts 4-8 record

2012 UW 5 UA 11 *Rich Rod hired in December, 2011. UA posts 8-5 record

2013 UW 3 UA 7

2014 UW 7 UA 6
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Go look at the #1 team in the nation right now (Mississippi State) and check out their recruits from the past classes. Most of their key contributors are 3* players