Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    And for the video challenged.
    Jeff Choate talks special-teams, Andrew Hudson and big penalties
    (On trying to sack Sefo Liufau, re: his size and Colorado’s protection) “I think it’s a little bit of both. Body-type wise, he’s kind of like a Kevin Hogan who doesn’t get sacked very often, either. Part of that’s scheme, because it’s all play-action oriented stuff for them at Stanford, and part of it, he’s a really big, physical guy. You even saw when we played Stanford, we had a lot of opportunities to get Kevin, but we bounce off of him and he picks up a little scramble yardage and you see that on film with 13 (Liufau) from Colorado as well. And then the other piece of it is, they are dialed up for a lot of quick-game and scat protection where he’s going to get the ball out of his hand quickly.”

(Andrew Hudson seems to be exceeding expectations …) “It’s interesting you say that, because I didn’t go back and watch film from two years ago when we got here, but I did watch film from last year, and he wasn’t on that film, by and large. So you don’t really know what you have. I know he’s a guy who expressed on a number of occasions his desire to have a good senior year here, and the first thing that he did was have the best offseason of anyone in our program. If you ask coach (Tim) Socha who was the best guy in the offseason program, without hesitation, he says Andrew Hudson. So I think he worked himself into that position. I think he’s very much bought into what we’re trying to do and his role, and not trying to do too much and let the game come to him, and the guy plays as hard as anyone on the field. He’s got a high motor. And so he’s been awesome. It’s fun to see a young man who works that hard get rewarded with some success.”
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    For those panicking about Petersen and his staff ... I give you Andrew Hudson as Exhibit A.