Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Monday Malcontent [Premium Caple Content]

Quoting Chris Petersen on quarterbacks, Shaq Thompson, tuning out criticism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cW60a4jDZQ
(On his first two-game losing streak as a coach since 2007) “It’s hard. You lose one game, you lose two games, it’s hard. It is hard. I think that the important thing is to stay strong and stay positive and not let all the outside noise rattle any of our players. I’m really good at that, because I don’t pay attention to anything on the social media. If I did, I’d probably quit right now. I hope our players can do the same, but I know that’s the world they live in. And that’s where, we go back to when we started (here), I’d always been against some Twitter things and all those, because I tell our guys, ‘How are you going to let someone validate you make a couple good catches or play a good game (when that person) really doesn’t know what’s going on. And then, likewise, when you struggle a little bit, now all of a sudden you’re in the tank because everybody piles on — and they still don’t know what’s going on. They don’t know what your preparation is like; they don’t know what you’re like as a person and all those types of things. I just think that stuff can be scary. I think one thing that helps is, just everybody pays attention to what we’re doing and kind of isolate ourselves a little bit. And it’s even hard when you do that because we’re all so prideful ourselves; everybody’s trying to do the best job we can.”
Video: RB Deontae Cooper, WR DiAndre Campbell on Monday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yn-_KGY1SA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vANlk71vag

Cyler Miles returns as Washington’s starting quarterback

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I want Colorado to win just so I can be right about Miles
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    On Jonathon Smith
    (How do you evaluate Jonathan Smith as a playcaller?) “I think he’s doing a good job, I really do. Is it translating on the field? Hey, it’s not what anybody wants — it’s not what he wants, it’s not what I want, it’s not what anybody (wants). But, you know, sometimes coaching can be a little overrated. When things are going good you’re the greatest coach in the world. So we’re trying to get that right combination and get our run game going. (If) our run game starts to block a little bit better, all of a sudden we’re little bit better coaches and our quarterback plays a little bit better and all those types of things. But he’s a smart guy, he knows football, he knows quarterback play. Like I said, it’s not going to be a snap of the fingers. They’re all brand-new quarterbacks who’ve never played a snap of college football. We’re talking about replacing a three-year starter (in Keith Price) and an All-American running back (in Bishop Sankey) … there’s a lot of little factors that go in there. But we’ll get there. We’ll get there eventually. We’ve just got to keep believing and keep sticking strong to the process and analyzing things and figuring out what our guys do best and putting them in the best (position) to be successful.”

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/uwsports/2014/10/27/quoting-chris-petersen-on-quarterbacks-shaq-thompson-tuning-out-criticism/#storylink=cpy
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2014

I want Colorado to win just so I can be right about Miles

We'll (coach Pete and I) just blame the OL, WR, RB, altitude, time, and timezone. Miles is off limits forever.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Smiff needs a Wesson.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

On Jonathon Smith
    (How do you evaluate Jonathan Smith as a playcaller?) “I think he’s doing a good job, I really do. Is it translating on the field? Hey, it’s not what anybody wants — it’s not what he wants, it’s not what I want, it’s not what anybody (wants). But, you know, sometimes coaching can be a little overrated. When things are going good you’re the greatest coach in the world. So we’re trying to get that right combination and get our run game going. (If) our run game starts to block a little bit better, all of a sudden we’re little bit better coaches and our quarterback plays a little bit better and all those types of things. But he’s a smart guy, he knows football, he knows quarterback play. Like I said, it’s not going to be a snap of the fingers. They’re all brand-new quarterbacks who’ve never played a snap of college football. We’re talking about replacing a three-year starter (in Keith Price) and an All-American running back (in Bishop Sankey) … there’s a lot of little factors that go in there. But we’ll get there. We’ll get there eventually. We’ve just got to keep believing and keep sticking strong to the process and analyzing things and figuring out what our guys do best and putting them in the best (position) to be successful.”

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/uwsports/2014/10/27/quoting-chris-petersen-on-quarterbacks-shaq-thompson-tuning-out-criticism/#storylink=cpy

"We practiced great all week, but the guys just didn't execute."
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

On Jonathon Smith

So I take it he hasn't been fired.
    I was hoping for a vote of confidence.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,612
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

On Jonathon Smith

Fuck, I don't buy this shit at all.

Smiff is under qualified and it shows. Like Cornell said, you can tell what fucking play the doogs are going to run just by looking at what personnel/formation they are using.

Run the ball down their throats for 70 yards, then loss 5 yards on a outside pitch at the goal line, sums up that idiot.

Peterman needs to cut ties, ASAP.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Nuss is tanned, rested and ready.

For rent sign is up in the yard at his Ann Arbor residence... allegedly.