Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Utah

Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
edited October 2014 in College Football Forum
The whole season comes down to them. Stanford is a complete shit show. If your team is slightly athletic then you're going to beat Stanford regardless of coaching. The Beavers have Mannion so they'll find a way to lose. Colorado is dreck.

After 2004 the Sun Devils haven't even been competitive against Oregon. UA doesn't have the kids to beat a team as good as Oregon twice.

The playoffs, Mariota's Heisman, and Slingblade's future all come down to a road game against a Mountain West team. Their front seven is fucking good, not pretend good like UW's, like actually good. They will stone the run most of the time and they will get pressure. So far their offense isn't anything special, but Don Pellum loves to make OC's look good.

The script says we lose, but if the Ducks do win it will be a program changer/elevator. People will ease up on Slingblade and it will put the program right back to the elite table. Of course 2015 won't be as good because you can't lose a guy like Mariota and not drop off when your DC is complete shit.

A loss to Utah and knowing what is coming next season will put Oregon back to a second tier program.

FYFMFE

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Sadly, I think you know the script
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,256
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UW's defense has been shit but holding California to 7 points looks better every week

College football mystery

Since everyone expects the upset at Utah that won't be it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Add

Expecting to win out after beating Utah and then losing the civil war is this year's script
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,462
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you're an Oregon fan you should be worried about the prospect of having to play Utah twice, or Utah and then USC in the championship. Both those teams will try to run it down your throat, neutralizing your best player on d. I'm also dooging that you won't play ASU instead.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2014
    gonna win the remainder of our games

have to believe

Don't know about the playoffs but we are not there yet. I want Win The Day back.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    haie said:

If you're an Oregon fan you should be worried about the prospect of having to play Utah twice, or Utah and then USC in the championship. Both those teams will try to run it down your throat, neutralizing your best player on d. I'm also dooging that you won't play ASU instead.

Yes, Oregon must be terrified of facing the Sark/Wilcox combo that's given them so much trouble the past few years.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And UA can't beat Oregon twice even though they just did
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,462
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

haie said:

Yes, Oregon must be terrified of facing the Sark/Wilcox combo that's given them so much trouble the past few years.

Buck Allen and Kessler will force their defense to be balanced. Their defense is sub-par in those conditions against some really good athletes. Sure, Sark could always fuck it up though.
  • Options

And UA can't beat Oregon twice even though they just did

Not in the same season. Rich Rod is going to absolutely curb stomp us next year. They bring back everyone and will only be better in the system with even more depth. I could see us losing 56-31ish down there next year, if not worse.

8 or 9 wins will be a good season next year. We will lose Marota, Grasu, Fisher, Stevens, Armstead, Ifo, Walker, Dargan, Washington, Hill, Mathis, and potentially Buckner. One or two other really key players will end up leaving too with Slingblade's "Iron Fist" treatment of all issues.

Basically, with his tiny contract and only being given the job as an experiment Slingblade will either give himself another four years or be door, ass, out when the clock hits 0:00 in SLC.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    This thread is useless garbage. We don't even know who our next QB will be. He might be good.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2014
    Mosster47 said:

The whole season comes down to them. Stanford is a complete shit show. If your team is slightly athletic then you're going to beat Stanford regardless of coaching. The Beavers have Mannion so they'll find a way to lose. Colorado is dreck.

After 2004 the Sun Devils haven't even been competitive against Oregon. UA doesn't have the kids to beat a team as good as Oregon twice.

The playoffs, Mariota's Heisman, and Slingblade's future all come down to a road game against a Mountain West team. Their front seven is fucking good, not pretend good like UW's, like actually good. They will stone the run most of the time and they will get pressure. So far their offense isn't anything special, but Don Pellum loves to make OC's look good.

The script says we lose, but if the Ducks do win it will be a program changer/elevator. People will ease up on Slingblade and it will put the program right back to the elite table. Of course 2015 won't be as good because you can't lose a guy like Mariota and not drop off when your DC is complete shit.

A loss to Utah and knowing what is coming next season will put Oregon back to a second tier program.

FYFMFE

dr

after the "UA doesn't have the kids to beat a team as good as Oregon twice".
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    this is a dumb thread
  • Options
    ToiletSeatToiletSeat Member Posts: 150
    Wazzu sez, Fuck Utah!

Rich Rod is the best coach in the Pac-12 by a mile!
  • Options
    S

Wazzu sez, Fuck Utah!

Rich Rod is the best coach in the Pac-12 by a mile!

RichRod and Whittingham are pretty close
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,980
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Ducks lose to the Beavs in Corvallis. Fucking script, bro.
  • Options

Ducks lose to the Beavs in Corvallis. Fucking script, bro.

False. Mike Riley would have pulled something off already if he ever had it in him. He clearly doesn't.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I'm now positive Oregon loses this week against Stanford. Duck fans have that false sense of arrogance that Stanford can't beat us a third time in a row. Cook it, we lose. We then win out, but because we win out, Helfrich has the built in excuse that he lost to Arizona because of injury, and Stanford because it's Stanford, and Chip even lost to them in his final year, so it's not really that bad. Quooks take the bait, and Slingblade will continue to do to Oregon, what Obama is doing to America. Obamanizing the program is what I like to call it.
  • Options

I'm now positive Oregon loses this week against Stanford. Duck fans have that false sense of arrogance that Stanford can't beat us a third time in a row. Cook it, we lose. We then win out, but because we win out, Helfrich has the built in excuse that he lost to Arizona because of injury, and Stanford because it's Stanford, and Chip even lost to them in his final year, so it's not really that bad. Quooks take the bait, and Slingblade will continue to do to Oregon, what Obama is doing to America. Obamanizing the program is what I like to call it.

Are you as convinced of this as you were about UCLA's win over Oregon? You should be forced to use whatever avatar PDXDuckFan chooses for a week if you're wrong about this.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Are you as convinced of this as you were about UCLA's win over Oregon? You should be forced to use whatever avatar PDXDuckFan chooses for a week if you're wrong about this.
    My avatar has an image of Sark in a Halloween custom. Can you really get much worse than that?

BTW, I ate my crow after UCLA, like you did after the Arizona game. I think were even. You have to admit that the overall arrogance going into this game, is a little concerning.
  • Options

My avatar has an image of Sark in a Halloween custom. Can you really get much worse than that?

BTW, I ate my crow after UCLA, like you did after the Arizona game. I think were even. You have to admit that the overall arrogance going into this game, is a little concerning.
    Is the arrogance on equook? I haven't been reading it. I hope Oregon bashes their fucking mouths in, but I'm not holding my breath. A loss to those fucking bastards for a third year in a row, especially when they've become a dumpster fire, will put nails in the coffin of the Oregon program.