Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I am not a neuheisel fan, but...

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
...the best (and smartest) thing he did when he took over the head job was take a close look at his players.

Although he had never run the option before, he realized that he would best succeed by implementing a system that worked for the guys he had. So, he went out and learned how to coach an option offense.

In other words he realized what his players would be best at executing, and he got the most out of them. He designed an offense to suit their strengths - what they could do.

Creativity. What a concept.

Comments

• Options
    KenNDKenND Member Posts: 272
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    What is Petersen doing that you think he should change based on the players that he has on offense?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And three years later everyone wanted him fired
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

...the best (and smartest) thing he did when he took over the head job was take a close look at his players.

Although he had never run the option before, he realized that he would best succeed by implementing a system that worked for the guys he had. So, he went out and learned how to coach an option offense.

In other words he realized what his players would be best at executing, and he got the most out of them. He designed an offense to suit their strengths - what they could do.

Creativity. What a concept.

Agree. I like a lot of things Petersen is doing, but not being able to muster even a below average offense needs to be called out. If we had a below average offense (8th in conference), we would be 7-1 right now. Instead we have a dreckfest worst in the Pac 12 that has gotten steadily worse as the season moves along. That's the harsh reality.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,491
    I've been saying since after the Georgia State game (the one where Miles couldn't lead a TD drive against Georgia State until Pettis and Lindquist took over) that we should run a triple option with Lindquist at QB, Coleman as the FB and Washington as the TB.

Dive to Coleman, Lindquist keeps it or pitches it to Washington almost every play. It'd also play to the strength of this OL which is run blocking and to the strength of our WRs which is also run blocking.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I've been saying since after the Georgia State game (the one where Miles couldn't lead a TD drive against Georgia State until Pettis and Lindquist took over) that we should run a triple option with Lindquist at QB, Coleman as the FB and Washington as the TB.

Dive to Coleman, Lindquist keeps it or pitches it to Washington almost every play. It'd also play to the strength of this OL which is run blocking and to the strength of our WRs which is also run blocking.

Video killed the radio star
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Rick beat Stanford and Oregon in his first year, so there's that.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Rick beat Stanford and Oregon in his first year, so there's that.

Rick only lost once to the other NW schools ...
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,697
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Miles should be the QB. At one point he was a good runner. 200 yards in limited time last year. Over 100 yards and 3 TD's his first two starts this year. Those were the best two offensive games of the season. Then we stopped doing it.
    Why we are not utilizing the QB run this season is a fucking inexcusable travesty.

Jonathan Smith and Peterman are really FS for not doing it.

I don't have a lot of faith in this coaching staff right now.

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Miles should be the QB. At one point he was a good runner. 200 yards in limited time last year. Over 100 yards and 3 TD's his first two starts this year. Those were the best two offensive games of the season. Then we stopped doing it.
    Why we are not utilizing the QB run this season is a fucking inexcusable travesty.

Jonathan Smith and Peterman are really FS for not doing it.

I don't have a lot of faith in this coaching staff right now.

the fact that there is basically no drop off from QB1-QB3 makes it even more FS

run these shitty QBs into the ground in the hopes that we steal a game or two