Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Huskies-Sun Devils Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

dnc said:

thechatch said:

Troy Williams is so much better than Cyler Miles....

Unless you have quotes or links or names you're trying a bit too hard.

We said Miles sucks, let's see what Troy can do. Turns out, not much.
    Tequilla for one. There were many that went full retard. Miles never had a game where the offense scored 3 points the entire game. Board went full doogman over the QB situation. Simple fact.
    Tequilla yes
    I was excited to see what Williams could do but agreed he needed to prove he was better than miles.
    Now we just know all 3 suck
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

thechatch said:

Tequilla for one. There were many that went full retard. Miles never had a game where the offense scored 3 points the entire game. Board went full doogman over the QB situation. Simple fact.
    We scored 7 against Furd. Not much better. Also, less "wind". The game was weird as shit... but I think you're arguing with yourself here, big guy. Our O sucked. Miles sucked. Smith sucked. We found out what the problem was, which is $30,000 answers to $10 questions when we have $.48 in our account.

#MyTroy was not good.
    7 > 3. Stanford's D is a lot better statistically too. Miles was terrible in that game. Williams was worse today. Maybe not much worse, but worse. This was the worst QB play of the season, followed by Lindquist against Hawaii, then Miley against Stanford.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Im anxious to see how auburn ranks the uw qbs
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

thechatch said:

We scored 7 against Furd. Not much better. Also, less "wind". The game was weird as shit... but I think you're arguing with yourself here, big guy. Our O sucked. Miles sucked. Smith sucked. We found out what the problem was, which is $30,000 answers to $10 questions when we have $.48 in our account.

#MyTroy was not good.
    7 > 3. Stanford's D is a lot better statistically too. Miles was terrible in that game. Williams was worse today. Maybe not much worse, but worse. This was the worst QB play of the season, followed by Lindquist against Hawaii, then Miley against Stanford.
    I don't agree with that... but the wind and conditions makes it hard to understand. The fact that JonathanSmithFS calls the plays like a cat on adderrall playing XBox by randomly stepping on a controller from the most complicated playbook possible... doesn't help.

I would put the QB play like this... worst: Hawai'i, second worst 'Furd, third worst, this... best: Ducks.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,120
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Smith should apologize to the entire D including shaq
  • Options
    purpledoogfanpurpledoogfan Member Posts: 502
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited October 2014

Fucking New Mexico Bowl. Fuck that. There's not a competent fucking qb on the roster. Fuck everything.

Have you seen this conference?

UW will be favored and win against Col, OSU, and WSU.

UCLA is a toss up but we're playing at home and they haven't played one solid game all season. @ UA is going to be really tough. Win just one of those games (UCLA most likely) and that puts UW at 9 wins.

Worst case scenario right now is 8 regular season wins. Best case is 10. Most likely is 9. Win the bowl game and that puts us at 10 wins.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

thechatch said:

#MyTroy was not good.
    Lindquist actually played a decent half against Hawaii, which is more than the other two you listed gave us. I understand you're trying to adjust for competition here, but still.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Put a helmet on purpledoogfag and send him out there. His wrist may go limp on each pass but his arms gotta be stronger than miley. We need a fucking miracle boys
  • Options
    purpledoogfanpurpledoogfan Member Posts: 502
    edited October 2014
    phineas said:

Put a helmet on purpledoogfag and send him out there. His wrist may go limp on each pass but his arms gotta be stronger than miley. We need a fucking miracle boys

Well since I've been sitting on my ass for the past 10 years since collge, tech school, GED online program, I'm not in the best of shape. I guess I could be like Tripper Johnson. Not saying I am Tripper so don't go twisting.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,866
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Fucking New Mexico Bowl. Fuck that. There's not a competent fucking qb on the roster. Fuck everything.

Have you seen this conference?

UW will be favored and win against Col, OSU, and WSU.

UCLA is a toss up but we're playing at home and they haven't played one solid game all season. @ UA is going to be really tough. Win just one of those games (UCLA most likely) and that puts UW at 9 wins.

Worst case scenario right now is 8 regular season wins. Best case is 10. Most likely is 9. Win the bowl game and that puts us at 10 wins.

NO. I'm done with that. We're out of it way before November again. Oregon killed us again. Petersen doesn't get that much of the blame but he gets some of it. I expect better in the coming years.

• Options
    MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    edited October 2014
    dnc said:

You skipped the biggest likelihood IMO: Sark spent zero time developing the backup QBs and Smith doesn't know how to coach
    em back up. There's some talent in our QB corps but not our of them looks prepared to face a division 1 defense. Peterman wants to he the CEO and ideally one day he can, but right now he needs to become QB coach until further notice.

True, that's a good point. The problem may not be the gameday schemes, but the everyday prep. I wouldn't doubt it is both. The playcalling seems wonky for sure, but the way our QBs act in the pocket (they all act scared and antsy) goes beyond gameday.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,549
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My Dawgs fucked me out of a perfect pick'em record this week.

I was hoping for more from Technical Difficulties, Dropped Pass, and Muffed Punt. Our big time guys let us down.
  • Options
    Sundevil76Sundevil76 Member Posts: 109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2014
    You can't be serious about ten wins??? You and Road Dog are sunshine pumpers and double rainbows. Neither offense could do anything in that kind of wind, otherwise the game would not have been close. Road Dog before the game and during this thread kept saying how bad ASU's defense was but it has at least improved and is average, while this offense leads the PAC 12 in hoplessness. Can't throw, can't run, and can't block, need I say more? Oh, and the guy someone asked that ran down Ross, was Randal. He will play on Sunday and is very much at the level of Peters. A offense that scores three points at home under any conditons is pathetic. Just a cluster fuck at QB.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

You can't be serious about ten wins??? You and Road Dog are sunshine pumpers and double rainbows. Neither offense could do anything in that kind of wind, otherwise the game would not have been close. Road Dog before the game and during this thread kept saying how bad ASU's defense was but it has at least improved and is average, while this offense leads the PAC 12 in hoplessness. Can't throw, can't run, and can't block, need I say more? Oh, and the guy someone asked that ran down Ross, was Randal. He will play on Sunday and is very much at the level of Peters. A offense that scores three points at home under any conditons is pathetic.

Your defense is not good. Got shredded on the ground by a linebacker and a 3rd string tailback. If Miles didn't get injured last week UW wins last night.

Graham has done a great job though.