Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hoke signals he is gone

Hoke says 2015 class will have 16 commits at most

Michigan Wolverines head coach Brady Hoke addressed the 2015 recruiting class in the latest edition of "Inside Michigan Football."

Hoke confirmed that it will be another small class, as they will take "at the most 16" recruits during this cycle, which of course is much smaller than normal classes.

"It's not a big class, No. 1," he said. "So that part of it is very selective. And we've been slower than normal because we're being very selective."

"As you break down your positions, we want a couple linebackers, a pass rushing defensive ends, you'd like to have another safety and probably two corners," he said. "Offensively, a couple offensive linemen, tight ends are always going to be big part as we keep growing in this offense."

The 2015 class currently has 10 committed players in quarterback Alex Malzone, running back Mike Weber, wide receiver Brian Cole, tight end Chris Clark, offensive linemen Grant Newsome and Jon Runyan Jr., linebacker Darrin Kirkland Jr., cornerback Garrett Taylor, safety Tyree Kinnel and kicker Andrew David.

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,285
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    What's funny, is that the most glaring weakness on this team is at the skill positions, and Michigan has yet to address that, and it seems like they won't.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    topdawgnc said:

Hoke says 2015 class will have 16 commits at most

Michigan Wolverines head coach Brady Hoke addressed the 2015 recruiting class in the latest edition of "Inside Michigan Football."

Hoke confirmed that it will be another small class, as they will take "at the most 16" recruits during this cycle, which of course is much smaller than normal classes.

"It's not a big class, No. 1," he said. "So that part of it is very selective. And we've been slower than normal because we're being very selective."

"As you break down your positions, we want a couple linebackers, a pass rushing defensive ends, you'd like to have another safety and probably two corners," he said. "Offensively, a couple offensive linemen, tight ends are always going to be big part as we keep growing in this offense."

The 2015 class currently has 10 committed players in quarterback Alex Malzone, running back Mike Weber, wide receiver Brian Cole, tight end Chris Clark, offensive linemen Grant Newsome and Jon Runyan Jr., linebacker Darrin Kirkland Jr., cornerback Garrett Taylor, safety Tyree Kinnel and kicker Andrew David.

if by "signaling" you mean turning in one of the most awful coaching performances this side of Ty Willingham, then yes, he appears to be doing that very thing.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,438
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I was expecting this thread to be about his closing his tab at the Ann arbor Applebee's.

Because he's a big fat guy
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2014
    dnc said:

Reminds me of arguing with Kim last summer when he swore UW wouldn't take more than 15 or 16 in the 2014 class.

FTG.

There are 14 seniors, ASJ, and Sankey so they will only take 16. Who are the obvious attrition guys on the roster? There isn't any dead weight on the team anymore (Kim seriously said this). Sark has built a lot of depth (I'm serious, no twisting).
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Reminds me of arguing with Kim last summer when he swore UW wouldn't take more than 15 or 16 in the 2014 class.

FTG.

There are 14 seniors, ASJ, and Sankey so they will only take 16. Who are the obvious attrition guys on the roster? There isn't any dead weight on the team anymore (Kim seriously said this). Sark has built a lot of depth (I'm serious, no twisting).
    You've always been my favorite classy Kimpersonator. You should really register a knockoff Kim accunt.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

FTG.

You've always been my favorite classy Kimpersonator. You should really register a knockoff Kim accunt.
    I'm not as familiar with his new stuff he says. I had it dialed in during the Sark years.