Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Grinolds says that it will take three years...

KenNDKenND Member Posts: 272
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
...for Petersen to get UW to the point that they can compete with Oregon. Agree or disagree?

Interestingly enough, no theories from him on why the roster is in the shape that it's in.

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Does this year count?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We'll see. A lot can change in a year. I don't think we will be much, if any better next year, but by year 3 I expect a championship contender.

The game is at home next year, and Oregon won't have Mariota, but after 11 in a row, predicting a win is bold. At this point, I will believe UW can beat Oregon when I see it.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Does this year count?

Not if Smiff is canned like Bleenor hints at...
  • Options

We'll see. A lot can change in a year. I don't think we will be much, if any better next year, but by year 3 I expect a championship contender.

The game is at home next year, and Oregon won't have Mariota, but after 11 in a row, predicting a win is bold. At this point, I will believe UW can beat Oregon when I see it.

It is bold, but you have an adult in charge now, while Oregon could potentially start dropping off. It also looks like we're seeing Stanford's decline starting to gain steam too.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    KenND said:

...for Petersen to get UW to the point that they can compete with Oregon. Agree or disagree?

Interestingly enough, no theories from him on why the roster is in the shape that it's in.

Remind me again when Sark was competitive against Oregon.

• Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    He says the same shit over and over and over which makes him a champion recycler. Is there really anyone besides himself that does not read him like a bad novel.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited October 2014
    We should be competitive by next year. I know we lose offensive lineman. Most teams lose key players from units. Get guys reps now so they will be more rready. I expected to be able to beat Oregon by next year and that hasn't changed. Will I guarantee it? Hell no
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Before the season I thought Oregon would have the advantage in 15 given that we lose so much on defense and the OL.

To sum it up, right now the problem is the 11 & 12 recruiting classes had little quality outside of the top guys. We already lost ASJ and Sankey and will lose Shaq, Peters and Shelton after this year, rendering those classes very weak heading into 15. The 2013 class was very good and Petersen salvaged the 2014 class.

This year is the rebuilding year on offense while next year will be on defense. However, I'd expect fewer growing pains on the defense given the size, talent and depth on the DL and the depth being built in the secondary with freshman. On offense, the hope is guys like Ross, Daniels, Pettis, Williams improve a lot over the next season and a half.

2016 is Pete's year 3 and we know that with a new coach it happens by year 3. I actually feel very good about 2016. The defense should be very good led by an outstanding DL. You still have Ross and Daniels could be a monster at TE. Troy would be a jr and Browning a rs fr. The big concern is the OL. Perhaps Brostek could develop into an all league guy and they get lucky and develop someone else to that stage. In the next two classes it would be great to get one skill guy and one lineman who could play right away. Like a 5* impact guy.
  • Options

KenND said:

Remind me again when Sark was competitive against Oregon.

No one said that he was.
  • Options
    PDXDuckFanPDXDuckFan Member Posts: 450
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    KenND said:

It is bold, but you have an adult in charge now, while Oregon could potentially start dropping off. It also looks like we're seeing Stanford's decline starting to gain steam too.

"We're Back"*

*maybe in 3 years

• Options
    PDXDuckFanPDXDuckFan Member Posts: 450
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1

2016 is Pete's year 3 and we know that with a new coach it happens by year 3.

2016 is going to be special.

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Grinolds posted this in response to someone else posting a talk they had with a former UW player who essentially said that it would take CP 3 years to build the program due to the shitty way Sark ran it. The way Grinolds stated "If I would have told all of you it would be another 3 years, how many of you would have gone crazy?", he was insinuating that if Sark had stayed, UW would be a national title contender this year, but since everyone wanted him gone, you all are stuck with rebuilding again.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sark was not the answer. Petersen might be. Either way tilt be interesting.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Grinolds posted this in response to someone else posting a talk they had with a former UW player who essentially said that it would take CP 3 years to build the program due to the shitty way Sark ran it. The way Grinolds stated "If I would have told all of you it would be another 3 years, how many of you would have gone crazy?", he was insinuating that if Sark had stayed, UW would be a national title contender this year, but since everyone wanted him gone, you all are stuck with rebuilding again.

let's just put this way, if Sark is at USC in another 3 years I'll be stunned... no way in hell he has UW in contention for a Pac12 championship regardless of how much tim he had here.
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    It could take three years to have a full roster of those who have been coached up under Peterman's system and recruited to fit the program. We definitely need to sign more speed.
  • Options
    Meek said:

let's just put this way, if Sark is at USC in another 3 years I'll be stunned... no way in hell he has UW in contention for a Pac12 championship regardless of how much tim he had here.
    Sark is going to win enough that it will be difficult for Haden to justify firing him, especially since Sark is Haden's hire.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    KenND said:

Meek said:

Sark is going to win enough that it will be difficult for Haden to justify firing him, especially since Sark is Haden's hire.
    Who said Haden ' s job is secure?

SC cared enough about football to leave Lane on the tarmac. I lust for the day UW cares for football again.

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    yes, agreed. Haden won't be involved in the decision. Sark's record will cost Haden his job and then Sark will be met by The Smoking Man before he boards the shuttle bus to Joey's.