Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The End Of Husky Football

HarveyRoadHarveyRoad Member Posts: 121
Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
edited February 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
I commend you all for trying to determine what's happened to the Husky Football of old and putting forth a plan to revive it. The problem is that you're all pointing in the wrong direction. You're to blame. Each and every one of you. You *think* you're helping by starting new message boards and badgering the current and former coaches and administrators. In reality, YOU are the culprit. YOU brought it all crashing down around you.

Just take a look outside of the stadium before a game. How many Starter Jackets do you see? Wal-Mart jerseys? Hip Hop Mariner hats, Sea-Town socks and a Husky Hoodie? Beershoes? Fucking gold spray-painted shoulder-pads?

You see, while the REAL Huskies were abandoning the program (some heading off to Cali) with all the the anti-football decisions coming from Upper Campus and the AD, you fucksticks were given the opportunity to buy seats. Back when Husky football mattered, you slack-jawed, mouthbreathing Southcenter shoppers were blocked OUT of the program completely. Once the DAWG supporters abandoned ship, the tickets were snapped up by empty seats and single-game empty craniums. Consequently, the crowds look like a half-filled Horseshoe in Columbus. tOSU without the wins. Program leeches from Southwest WA, Eastern grads, Sonics fans and a few broke guys from Puyallup propping up their dying fathers who worked so hard to take them to Husky Stadium on those crisp, fall afternoons of their youth...

UW Football has lost its way. Is it Gilby's manboobs? Lambright's ineptitude? Neu's gambling? Tyrone's thoughtlessness or Sark's disgraceful mismanagement that's the problem? Is it Babs? Todd Turner? Mark Emmert or the current blowhard in the magic underwear? No. They're all rubes, to be sure. But, they're working with what they've been given. And, what they've been given is a once-proud program propped up by some newfound TV money to remodel the shanty. They've got a horse racing shyster and a stadium filled with people left with nowhere else to go once the bowling alleys started closing down. Seahawks fans have a new Saturday regular appointment.

Look around Dawgman and dawgboard. Hell, look around here! There's the problem. "Oh, Harv pollutes the board with his shit everywhere he goes and now he's HERE!" "I just want a REAL discussion of Husky Football and not all the crap from the trolls". I'll tell you who those "trolls" are. They're HUSKIES. And, they're fucking miserable looking at the lot of you.

- Harvey Road

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I commend you all for trying to determine what's happened to the Husky Football of old and putting forth a plan to revive it. The problem is that you're all pointing in the wrong direction. You're to blame. Each and every one of you. You *think* you're helping by starting new message boards and badgering the current and former coaches and administrators. In reality, YOU are the culprit. YOU brought it all crashing down around you.

Just take a look outside of the stadium before a game. How many Starter Jackets do you see? Wal-Mart jerseys? Hip Hop Mariner hats, Sea-Town socks and a Husky Hoodie? Beershoes? Fucking gold spray-painted shoulder-pads?

You see, while the REAL Huskies were abandoning the program (some heading off to Cali) with all the the anti-football decisions coming from Upper Campus and the AD, you fucksticks were given the opportunity to buy seats. Back when Husky football mattered, you slack-jawed, mouthbreathing Southcenter shoppers were blocked OUT of the program completely. Once the DAWG supporters abandoned ship, the tickets were snapped up by empty seats and single-game empty craniums. Consequently, the crowds look like a half-filled Horseshoe in Columbus. tOSU without the wins. Program leeches from Southwest WA, Eastern grads, Sonics fans and a few broke guys from Puyallup propping up their dying fathers who worked so hard to take them to Husky Stadium on those crisp, fall afternoons of their youth...

UW Football has lost its way. Is it Gilby's manboobs? Lambright's ineptitude? Neu's gambling? Tyrone's thoughtlessness or Sark's disgraceful mismanagement that's the problem? Is it Babs? Todd Turner? Mark Emmert or the current blowhard in the magic underwear? No. They're all rubes, to be sure. But, they're working with what they've been given. And, what they've been given is a once-proud program propped up by some newfound TV money to remodel the shanty. They've got a horse racing shyster and a stadium filled with people left with nowhere else to go once the bowling alleys started closing down. Seahawks fans have a new Saturday regular appointment.

Look around Dawgman and dawgboard. Hell, look around here! There's the problem. "Oh, Harv pollutes the board with his shit everywhere he goes and now he's HERE!" "I just want a REAL discussion of Husky Football and not all the crap from the trolls". I'll tell you who those "trolls" are. They're HUSKIES. And, they're fucking miserable looking at the lot of you.

- Harvey Road

tl;dr

yr, yk
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    This fucker's lost it.
  • Options
    AlCzervik said:

This fucker's lost it.

Please to be explaining yourself.
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

AlCzervik said:

This fucker's lost it.

Please to be explaining yourself.
  • Options

I stopped reading when you used the word "rube". That's a cuntish work. It doesn't belong in any post.

Hth

Methinks Damone is right about this.
  • Options

I stopped reading when you used the word "rube". That's a cuntish word. It doesn't belong in any post.

Hth

Rarely has a word been more appropriately appointed. The Clink was a rube vessel this last season.
  • Options

I stopped reading when you used the word "rube". That's a cuntish word. It doesn't belong in any post.

Hth

Rarely has a word been more appropriately appointed. The Clink was a rube vessel this last season.
    Fuck you Harvey. And that fuck you has nothing to do with this thread.
    Of course not...
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hth

Of course not...

Hth

Of course not...

Hth

Of course not...
    You know what I'm talking about you prick.
  • Options

Hth

Of course not...

Hth

Of course not...

Hth

Of course not...
    Of course.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2012

Hth

Of course not...

Hth

Of course not...

Hth

Of course not...
    Of course.

Good....

Hth

• Options

Hth

Of course not...

Hth

Of course not...

Hth

Of course not...
    Of course.

Good....

Hth

Sounds like it's not over.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,217
    Founders Club
    If you remove the flippant tone of the post and look at what he is saying, there is some truth there to what Harvey's saying. But here's the part Harvey's missing: Just like the current state of the country, had Romney won, then a lot of money that people have squirreled away and sat on during the Obama era would be re-entering the economy right now like a gusher. Investors and entrepreneurs we thought were gone would be back in play.

The same thing would have been true had we hired Mora in 2007. We would have seen a lot of DAWGS come back into the fold. But we stayed with Willingham followed by Sark, and the DAWGS continued to leave and not come back. Attendance is still down.

If we were to hire Mora or Gary Patterson now or next year, that would be the barometer by which to judge all this. If the new fans entering the fold were simply bandwagoners, then Harvey would be largely correct in his assessment. But I think there would be a big sigh of relief from a lot of DAWGS and they would come back with relief.

The nation went with Obama, and we live in an ever-increasing anti-business climate. If UW football continues along the same path it's on, a new stadium won't make much difference to the Huskies being what they were and could be.
  • Options

If you remove the flippant tone of the post and look at what he is saying, there is some truth there to what Harvey's saying. But here's the part Harvey's missing: Just like the current state of the country, had Romney won, then a lot of money that people have squirreled away and sat on during the Obama era would be re-entering the economy right now like a gusher. Investors and entrepreneurs we thought were gone would be back in play.

The same thing would have been true had we hired Mora in 2007. We would have seen a lot of DAWGS come back into the fold. But we stayed with Willingham followed by Sark, and the DAWGS continued to leave and not come back. Attendance is still down.

If we were to hire Mora or Gary Patterson now or next year, that would be the barometer by which to judge all this. If the new fans entering the fold were simply bandwagoners, then Harvey would be largely correct in his assessment. But I think there would be a big sigh of relief from a lot of DAWGS and they would come back with relief.

The nation went with Obama, and we live in an ever-increasing anti-business climate. If UW football continues along the same path it's on, a new stadium won't make much difference to the Huskies being what they were and could be.

Apologies for the flippant tone. That's certainly not my MO, nor do I intend to be perceived as such. You've got plenty of problems with your current registered users here to worry yourself over my tone. I'll gladly take my LEAVE! of the joint and allow the assembled masses to continue their righteous indignance. After all, I ruined The Dawgboard. (LMAO)
  • Options
    smegmajoesmegmajoe Member Posts: 16
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    Another fucking useless thread by Harvey Road. He is one of the reasons why db was a failure.
  • Options
    smegmajoe said:

Another fucking useless thread by Harvey Road. He is one of the reasons why db was a failure.

Calling out the fanbase for what they are is never useless.

This fanbase heartily and fully deserves another 0-12 season.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,886
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    If you're talking about the actual on-the-field product, I don't think the everyday schmuck fan has much to do with the decline. Blame Hedges, Gerberding, Slick Rick, Gilby, Willingham, Emmert, and Turner, and maybe some pussy wannabe big shot boosters who tolerated losing too long?
  • Options
    smegmajoesmegmajoe Member Posts: 16
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    If you take away HR's flippant tone, it's just another whine. The guy is an asshole and I've not seen a post that disproves that.

Husky football is the way it is because of the political correctness that permeates WA state - pure and simple.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    smegmajoe said:

If you take away HR's flippant tone, it's just another whine. The guy is an asshole and I've not seen a post that disproves that.

Husky football is the way it is because of the political correctness that permeates WA state - pure and simple.

Your name suggests you would be much less of a cunt.

Did you figure out my "Let's Roll" post yet.