Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tequilla's Keys to the Game - Oregon

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
1) 5 reasons likes to talk about time of possession being a huge issue leading to a rather easy 34-17 victory ... I'm going to amend that a bit here by saying that it will be the number of possessions in the game that we need to pay attention to. There's obviously a lot that goes into making this a reality, but a good number to keep in mind is 12 drives. We need to keep the game to 12 drives or less. Last week at Cal they had 13. Week before at WSU there were 15 drives. Need to keep the number down as much as possible.

2) Crystal Pepsi likes to talk about explosive plays - and that's a HUGE stat when playing Oregon. Last week against Cal, we limited their big plays and their only TD drive was an 18 play drive. Oregon kills you with the big plays. Historically, when they haven't had the ball much, possessions get limited, and they aren't able to get yards in bunches they start to panic and push the envelope. That will play into our hands. Moreover, with their OL issues and one of our greatest strengths being on the DL, the longer that we're able to force them to have to make consistent nominal gains the more likely we are to find a vital negative play for them or create a penalty that puts them in a bad down/distance situation. Cal's longest run was 13 yards and their longest reception was 25 yards. If we can keep that formula going another week, then we're looking at the defense giving us a chance to win the game.

3) It's clear that we need to run the football for a number of reasons. First, our preference is to be a 65/35 run/pass team and that fits our players. Last week Coleman and Washington both averaged 4.4 yards per carry. I will take that again this week. On average, Cal is giving up 3.5 yards per carry on the season and Oregon 4.3 yards per carry. We should be able to have similar success this week that we had last week. And while I'm not saying we need to chew clock, being able to run the ball consistently against Oregon will limit the number of possessions in the game - which I believe to be vital in beating Oregon. In Oregon's loss to Arizona, Arizona ran the ball on 55 of their 86 plays ... even though their rush game only averaged 3.8 yards per carry. But that's not the point. They controlled the game and limited Oregon to just 12 drives. Our ability to sustain drives, keep our defense fresh, and rattle Oregon outside of their comfort zone and rhythm are the biggest wins out of having a functional running game.

4) Special Teams and Hidden Yardage will also be critical. Oregon's got a long standing history of not taking FGs. Against Chip's Ducks, FGs were akin to punting. But this isn't Chip's Ducks. Getting into the high 20s or low 30s will give you a good shot to win the game. We have a decided edge in the FG game and we need to capitalize on that when we are in positions to put points on the board. Another huge key that we've had so far this year is Durkee's ability in the punt game to change field position. Against Arizona, Oregon didn't start a single drive better than their own 34. Prior to the game being out of reach in the 4th quarter against Cal, we didn't allow Cal to start a single drive with better field position than their own 31. 10 of Stanford's 17 points came off of the great field position that we gave them (they missed a FG in the other situation). Simply put, special teams needs to find ways to control the field position.

5) Turnovers goes along with special teams and the hidden yardage. We must win the turnover battle. We must find a way to flip the field once or twice during the course of the game. We need to find a path to 7-10 easy points during the game.

For the first time in a long time, and at the risk of sounding quite Doogish, this is a plan that I can see a UW actually executing against Oregon. We don't need to do anything special. We just need to do what we've been doing. What we've been prepared to do. And BTW, I fully expect that we'll be able to hit John Ross over the top for a TD during this game.

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequillla, what's your address?
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    I need a tldr option without having to open the thread.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    DeepSeaZ said:

I need a tldr option without having to open the thread.

You should be able to see this by just looking at who started the thread.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Translate
    1) 5 λόγοι θέλει να μιλήσει για το χρόνο της κατοχής είναι ένα τεράστιο θέμα που οδηγεί σε μια μάλλον εύκολη νίκη 34-17 ... Πάω να τροποποιήσει ότι λίγο εδώ, λέγοντας ότι θα είναι ο αριθμός των κτήσεων του παιχνιδιού ότι θα πρέπει να δώσουν προσοχή σε. Υπάρχει προφανώς πολλά που πηγαίνει σε κάνει αυτό μια πραγματικότητα, αλλά ένας καλός αριθμός που πρέπει να θυμάστε είναι 12 μονάδες. Θα πρέπει να κρατήσει το παιχνίδι σε 12 μονάδες ή λιγότερο. Την περασμένη εβδομάδα στο Cal είχαν 13. εβδομάδα πριν στο WSU υπήρχαν 15 μονάδες. Ανάγκη να κρατήσει τον αριθμό προς τα κάτω όσο το δυνατόν περισσότερο.

2) Κρίσταλ Pepsi θέλει να μιλήσει για εκρηκτικά έργα - και αυτό είναι ένα τεράστιο stat όταν παίζει Όρεγκον. Την περασμένη εβδομάδα εναντίον Cal, περιορίσαμε μεγάλα έργα τους και μόνο TD τους δίσκο ήταν ένα δίσκο 18 παιχνιδιού. Όρεγκον σκοτώνει με τα μεγάλα έργα. Ιστορικά, όταν δεν είχαν την μπάλα πολύ, κατοχές πάρει περιορισμένες, και δεν είναι σε θέση να πάρουν μέτρα σε τσαμπιά που αρχίζουν να πανικοβάλλονται και να ωθήσει το φάκελο. Αυτό θα παίξει στα χέρια μας. Επιπλέον, με θέματα ΕΓ και ένα από τα μεγαλύτερα ατού μας είναι για το DL τους, το μεγαλύτερο που είμαστε σε θέση να τους αναγκάσει να έχουν να κάνουν συνεπή ονομαστικά κέρδη το πιο πιθανό είναι να βρούμε μια ζωτικής σημασίας αρνητική παιχνίδι για αυτούς ή να δημιουργήσετε ένα ποινή που τους βάζει σε μια κακή κάτω / κατάσταση απόσταση. Μεγαλύτερη πίστα Cal ήταν 13 μέτρα και μεγαλύτερη υποδοχή τους ήταν 25 μέτρα. Αν μπορούμε να κρατήσουμε αυτό το τύπο πηγαίνει μια εβδομάδα, τότε ψάχνουμε την άμυνα μας δίνει την ευκαιρία να κερδίσετε το παιχνίδι.

3) Είναι σαφές ότι θα πρέπει να εκτελέσετε το ποδόσφαιρο για διάφορους λόγους. Πρώτον, η προτίμησή μας είναι να είναι ένα 65/35 τρέξιμο / ομάδα μπάλα και να ταιριάζει στους παίκτες μας. Την περασμένη εβδομάδα Coleman και την Ουάσιγκτον, τόσο κατά μέσο όρο 4,4 μέτρα ανά μεταφορά. Θα πάρω ότι και πάλι αυτή την εβδομάδα. Κατά μέσο όρο, Cal δίνει μέχρι 3,5 μέτρα ανά μεταφέρουν στην εποχή και το Όρεγκον 4,3 μέτρα ανά μεταφορά. Θα πρέπει να είναι σε θέση να έχουν παρόμοια επιτυχία αυτή την εβδομάδα που είχαμε την περασμένη εβδομάδα. Και ενώ εγώ δεν λέω ότι πρέπει να μασούν το ρολόι, να είναι σε θέση να τρέξει την μπάλα με συνέπεια ενάντια Όρεγκον θα περιορίσει τον αριθμό των κτήσεων του παιχνιδιού - το οποίο πιστεύω ότι είναι ζωτικής σημασίας για την ήττα Όρεγκον. Στην απώλεια του Όρεγκον στην Αριζόνα, Αριζόνα έτρεξε την μπάλα στο 55 από 86 θεατρικά έργα τους ... ακόμα κι αν το παιχνίδι βιασύνη τους, κατά μέσο όρο μόλις 3,8 μέτρα ανά μεταφορά. Αλλά αυτό δεν είναι το σημείο. Θα ελέγχεται το παιχνίδι και περιορισμένη Oregon σε μόλις 12 μονάδες. Η ικανότητά μας να διατηρήσουν δίσκους, να κρατήσει την άμυνα μας φρέσκο​​, και κουδουνίστρα Oregon έξω από τη ζώνη άνεσης τους και ο ρυθμός είναι τα μεγαλύτερα κέρδη από έχοντας ένα λειτουργικό τρέχει το παιχνίδι.

4) Ειδικές ομάδες και Hidden Yardage θα είναι επίσης ζωτικής σημασίας. Όρεγκον πήρε μια μακροχρόνια ιστορία της δεν λαμβάνουν fgs. Ενάντια Πάπιες του Chip, fgs ήταν παρόμοια με το στοίχημα. Αλλά αυτό δεν είναι Πάπιες του Chip. Να πάρει στα υψηλά του '20 ή του '30 χαμηλά θα σας δώσει ένα καλό σουτ για να κερδίσει το παιχνίδι. Έχουμε αποφασίσει άκρη στο παιχνίδι FG και εμείς πρέπει να επωφεληθούμε από αυτό, όταν είμαστε σε θέση να θέσει σημεία στο ταμπλό. Ένα άλλο τεράστιο κλειδί που είχαμε μέχρι στιγμής φέτος είναι η ικανότητά Durkee στο παιχνίδι κλωτσιά για να αλλάξετε τη θέση πεδίου. Ενάντια Αριζόνα, Oregon δεν ξεκινήσει ένα σκληρό δίσκο καλύτερο από το δικό τους 34 Πριν από το παιχνίδι είναι μακριά το 4ο τρίμηνο κατά Cal, δεν επιτρέπουν Cal για να ξεκινήσει ένα σκληρό δίσκο με την καλύτερη θέση στον τομέα από τη δική τους 31 10 του Στάνφορντ 17 πόντους ήρθε από την εξαιρετική θέση στον τομέα που τους έδωσε (έχασαν μια FG στην άλλη περίπτωση). Με απλά λόγια, ειδικές ομάδες πρέπει να βρουν τρόπους για να ελέγξει τη θέση του πεδίου.

5) Λάθη πηγαίνει μαζί με ειδικές ομάδες και το κρυφό yardage. Πρέπει να κερδίσουμε τη μάχη του κύκλου εργασιών. Πρέπει να βρούμε έναν τρόπο για να αναστρέψετε το πεδίο μία ή δύο φορές κατά τη διάρκεια του παιχνιδιού. Πρέπει να βρούμε ένα μονοπάτι για 7-10 εύκολους πόντους κατά τη διάρκεια του παιχνιδιού.

Για πρώτη φορά εδώ και πολύ καιρό, και με κίνδυνο να φανώ αρκετά Doogish, αυτό είναι ένα σχέδιο που μπορώ να δω μια UW πραγματικά εκτέλεσης κατά Όρεγκον. Δεν χρειάζεται να κάνετε τίποτα ιδιαίτερο. Εμείς απλά πρέπει να κάνουμε ό, τι έχουμε κάνει. Τι έχουμε ήδη έτοιμοι να κάνουμε. Και BTW, περιμένω ότι θα είμαστε σε θέση να χτυπήσει John Ross πάνω από την κορυφή για ένα TD κατά τη διάρκεια αυτού του παιχνιδιού.

Translated:

If Washington executes they win.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    Tequilla said:

TheGlove said:

Tequillla, what's your address?

Circle K on Aurora
    Thanks. I'm forwarding to you a physical therapy bill for my worn out mousewheel finger.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The best part of this thread: When I entered it, Chrome told me it was in Greek and offered to translate it for me.

The worst part of this thread: insane dooging.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

1) 5 reasons likes to talk about time of possession being a huge issue leading to a rather easy 34-17 victory ... I'm going to amend that a bit here by saying that it will be the number of possessions in the game that we need to pay attention to. There's obviously a lot that goes into making this a reality, but a good number to keep in mind is 12 drives. We need to keep the game to 12 drives or less. Last week at Cal they had 13. Week before at WSU there were 15 drives. Need to keep the number down as much as possible.

2) Crystal Pepsi likes to talk about explosive plays - and that's a HUGE stat when playing Oregon. Last week against Cal, we limited their big plays and their only TD drive was an 18 play drive. Oregon kills you with the big plays. Historically, when they haven't had the ball much, possessions get limited, and they aren't able to get yards in bunches they start to panic and push the envelope. That will play into our hands. Moreover, with their OL issues and one of our greatest strengths being on the DL, the longer that we're able to force them to have to make consistent nominal gains the more likely we are to find a vital negative play for them or create a penalty that puts them in a bad down/distance situation. Cal's longest run was 13 yards and their longest reception was 25 yards. If we can keep that formula going another week, then we're looking at the defense giving us a chance to win the game.

3) It's clear that we need to run the football for a number of reasons. First, our preference is to be a 65/35 run/pass team and that fits our players. Last week Coleman and Washington both averaged 4.4 yards per carry. I will take that again this week. On average, Cal is giving up 3.5 yards per carry on the season and Oregon 4.3 yards per carry. We should be able to have similar success this week that we had last week. And while I'm not saying we need to chew clock, being able to run the ball consistently against Oregon will limit the number of possessions in the game - which I believe to be vital in beating Oregon. In Oregon's loss to Arizona, Arizona ran the ball on 55 of their 86 plays ... even though their rush game only averaged 3.8 yards per carry. But that's not the point. They controlled the game and limited Oregon to just 12 drives. Our ability to sustain drives, keep our defense fresh, and rattle Oregon outside of their comfort zone and rhythm are the biggest wins out of having a functional running game.

4) Special Teams and Hidden Yardage will also be critical. Oregon's got a long standing history of not taking FGs. Against Chip's Ducks, FGs were akin to punting. But this isn't Chip's Ducks. Getting into the high 20s or low 30s will give you a good shot to win the game. We have a decided edge in the FG game and we need to capitalize on that when we are in positions to put points on the board. Another huge key that we've had so far this year is Durkee's ability in the punt game to change field position. Against Arizona, Oregon didn't start a single drive better than their own 34. Prior to the game being out of reach in the 4th quarter against Cal, we didn't allow Cal to start a single drive with better field position than their own 31. 10 of Stanford's 17 points came off of the great field position that we gave them (they missed a FG in the other situation). Simply put, special teams needs to find ways to control the field position.

5) Turnovers goes along with special teams and the hidden yardage. We must win the turnover battle. We must find a way to flip the field once or twice during the course of the game. We need to find a path to 7-10 easy points during the game.

For the first time in a long time, and at the risk of sounding quite Doogish, this is a plan that I can see a UW actually executing against Oregon. We don't need to do anything special. We just need to do what we've been doing. What we've been prepared to do. And BTW, I fully expect that we'll be able to hit John Ross over the top for a TD during this game.

Arizona didn't control shit. It was back and forth the entire game. HTH. Ducks shot themselves in the foot with retarded penalties. That was obvious to even the most raving doog.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    It's not Doogin' to list how more things have to go well / right for the Huskies than the Ducks to win. Oregon has a significantly better / more experienced QB and is at home so it's not like we have a Heisman RB and 3 Outland watch-list OLs to ride on to victory. The less obvious, littler things like # of plays, taking care of the ball, winning special teams, and getting more hidden yardage is absolutely key to winning (and still important to covering).

I personally think some things will go well but not enough to win, which is why my crystal balls are saying Oregon wins 39-24...Oregon is 2-8 ATS as a double-digit favorite in their last 10 games but is 16-3 straight-up since Slingblade took over so I highly doubt Tequilla is taking the ML.

The best part of this thread: When I entered it, Chrome told me it was in Greek and offered to translate it for me.

The worst part of this thread: insane dooging.