Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ESPN picking Washington over Oregon

Comments

• Options
    Quack_AddictQuack_Addict Member Posts: 30
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Vegasdawg said:

34-31

In a nutshell, they view the two programs as going in opposite directions and that if Oregon wins, it is the last shot they have of a win over Washington into the foreseeable future. I can hear the butt's puckering in Eugene, all the way down here in Southern Nevada.

Actually, each of the ESPN PAC12 writers picked OR to win. It is only one guy, Will Harris, who wrote that and believes it. I am trying not to be bias when I say this, but that piece really sounds like sour grapes / an axe to grind. Both UW and OR will be taking large steps back next year due to attrition. The question becomes more about recent recruiting and the ability of coaching staffs to develop kids.
    Yeah. But still

UW won't be taking a huge step back next year. That's wishful thinking on your part. HTH.
    Really? Your entire D line are Seniors; is Shaq going Pro? Peters gone? Your D at minimum will be taking a huge step back.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Vegasdawg said:

34-31

In a nutshell, they view the two programs as going in opposite directions and that if Oregon wins, it is the last shot they have of a win over Washington into the foreseeable future. I can hear the butt's puckering in Eugene, all the way down here in Southern Nevada.

Actually, each of the ESPN PAC12 writers picked OR to win. It is only one guy, Will Harris, who wrote that and believes it. I am trying not to be bias when I say this, but that piece really sounds like sour grapes / an axe to grind. Both UW and OR will be taking large steps back next year due to attrition. The question becomes more about recent recruiting and the ability of coaching staffs to develop kids.
    I don't know about large. But with all the losses on defense it will definitely take a step back
    Hopefully the offense will improve to compensate for some of the fallback
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2014

Vegasdawg said:

34-31

Yeah. But still

UW won't be taking a huge step back next year. That's wishful thinking on your part. HTH.
    Really? Your entire D line are Seniors; is Shaq going Pro? Peters gone? Your D at minimum will be taking a huge step back.
    Shows what you know.....

And you're changing the topic. You didn't say the D is taking a step back, you said UW is taking a huge step back. Nothing could be further from the truth.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Just wait until Dissly is in his third year in the system, and is the best player on the field.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    topdawgnc said:

AZDuck said:

Seems appropriate here

brb, jo
    is that Spooge's wife?
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I don't know who can replace Kihaha, but I'm hoping a duo of Qualls and Mathis can step up to the plate and offset the loss of Shelton.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    I'm not sure I trust Will Smith in predicting the demise of Oregon football. When DJ Jazzy Jeff predicts it, it's official though.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    gmo said:

topdawgnc said:

AZDuck said:

Seems appropriate here

brb, jo
    is that Spooge's wife?
    Daughter. They both crave it.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited October 2014
    Vegasdawg said:

34-31

ESPNFS also picked a UCLA upset last week. How did that work out?.......................(total silence)........................ That's what I thought.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

I'm not even going to watch live tomorrow. I'll put it on DVR.

You sound like a pussy.
  • Options

Its from the same guy I posted last week. I hope everything he says comes true.

This is Oregon's last shot at beating Washington for maybe a decade, as these two programs are headed in starkly different directions. One just hired a Hall of Fame coach who's the Pac-12's best hope to produce the league's first national title since Pete Carroll; the other is sinking under the league's greenest coaching staff.

Superstar Marcus Mariota is carrying the Ducks, both on the field and in terms of the unusually heavy leadership burden placed on the captain of a team with only a handful of proven veterans and more than a third of its players in their first year with the program. The offensive line has thus far been unable to protect Mariota, and if he gets hurt, this team could lose every remaining game on the schedule. With Mariota, the offense is still humming pretty well, but the defense ranks among the nation's bottom 20 in allowing total yards, first downs, passing yards and third-down conversions. We projected an unranked finish for Oregon in February, and that still looks about right. Can the Ducks pull off one more win in a series they've dominated for years? It's a toss-up, even at home against an opponent still learning how to play winning football.

Washington is a rising power that already looks like it can compete with anyone in the Pac-12 despite showing few signs of playing like a Chris Petersen team just yet. The Huskies are inefficient offensively, and have generated few explosive plays. Penalties have piled up, execution is inconsistent and ball security remains an issue. The Huskies lead the nation in turnover margin, but that's thanks to star linebacker Shaq Thompson and a ball-hawking defense that's been torturing the offense since the beginning of camp. The Huskies have put the ball on the ground 11 times -- third worst in the Pac-12 -- and have enjoyed the unsustainable good fortune of recovering all but one of those fumbles. This is a shell of the team it will be next year and beyond, yet it's fast-improving and it's already pretty good.

ATS Pick: Washington
    Score: Washington 35, Oregon 31

Gayest post of the year.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam

Its from the same guy I posted last week. I hope everything he says comes true.

This is Oregon's last shot at beating Washington for maybe a decade, as these two programs are headed in starkly different directions. One just hired a Hall of Fame coach who's the Pac-12's best hope to produce the league's first national title since Pete Carroll; the other is sinking under the league's greenest coaching staff.

Superstar Marcus Mariota is carrying the Ducks, both on the field and in terms of the unusually heavy leadership burden placed on the captain of a team with only a handful of proven veterans and more than a third of its players in their first year with the program. The offensive line has thus far been unable to protect Mariota, and if he gets hurt, this team could lose every remaining game on the schedule. With Mariota, the offense is still humming pretty well, but the defense ranks among the nation's bottom 20 in allowing total yards, first downs, passing yards and third-down conversions. We projected an unranked finish for Oregon in February, and that still looks about right. Can the Ducks pull off one more win in a series they've dominated for years? It's a toss-up, even at home against an opponent still learning how to play winning football.

Washington is a rising power that already looks like it can compete with anyone in the Pac-12 despite showing few signs of playing like a Chris Petersen team just yet. The Huskies are inefficient offensively, and have generated few explosive plays. Penalties have piled up, execution is inconsistent and ball security remains an issue. The Huskies lead the nation in turnover margin, but that's thanks to star linebacker Shaq Thompson and a ball-hawking defense that's been torturing the offense since the beginning of camp. The Huskies have put the ball on the ground 11 times -- third worst in the Pac-12 -- and have enjoyed the unsustainable good fortune of recovering all but one of those fumbles. This is a shell of the team it will be next year and beyond, yet it's fast-improving and it's already pretty good.

ATS Pick: Washington
    Score: Washington 35, Oregon 31

Gayest post of the year.
    You should know
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    This thread... FBA
  • Options

This thread... FBA

• Options
    Founders Club
    OP appears to be ded.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Along with OBK.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Triple shitpost.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    @Swaye,

The triple is my move damnit. We agreed: you get the tatted T&A, I get the the triple shit poast routine. It's in the fucking contract Geronimo!
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

This thread... FBA

Just call me "Buzzard Baze", you cunt-ass biotch!