Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

In addition to Dawgs v. Whoregon

creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
there is another compelling game this week involving two of my least favorite teams (meaning I'm all fucking over it): ND at FSU.

watched a little Winston at Cuse. i've changed my mind about him on the field. he's not a complete dipshit (again, on the field) and makes the throws. he also has, as the announcer pointed out, a wicked release.

in this era of not needing to be a phi bet kappa to play QB in the NFL, I am now not convinced that it is fait accompli that he will fail in the NFL, at least in the short term.

of course he is a complete fucking moron and douche bag thug piece of shit, and one of the many reasons that none of my daughters will see a division 1 football school campus.

anyway, who do we have in this one?

much as i dislike FSU, and much as Fisher rubs me the wrong way in the same way as Dabo Sweeney (what kind of fag southern hick name is 'Dabo' anyway?), I hate ND and Lou Holtz THAT much more, so I'm wanting a seminole ass thrashing of the fighting micks.

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    The absolute worse outcome would be a close game.

We are then guaranteed to see both teams in the final four.

Neither belong.

FSU has this one. Winston is special ... in a non-gay way.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Pulling for FSU, no way Winston survives this PC season without a full suspension, knock ND out of the playoff now and FSU will take care of itself later.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I want both teams to lose. Somehow.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck Notre Dame. FSU all the way. I agree with Toppy that neither team looks like they belong in the playoffs. Florida State has struggled with some pretty bad teams. Their schedule is a joke. @Louisville is their only chance remaining for a loss if they beat Notre Dame. I really doubt they lose to Louisville either.

It might be better if Notre Dame wins. Notre Dame still has to play @ASU, Louisville, and @USC. They could conceivably drop one of those games.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Pulling for FSU, no way Winston survives this PC season without a full suspension, knock ND out of the playoff now and FSU will take care of itself later.

It's a fair point, but I remember when it was a certainty Cam Newton wouldn't survive the season. Until he did. There will always be controversy with Winston, but it could die down when the next outrage of the week happens.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

It's a fair point, but I remember when it was a certainty Cam Newton wouldn't survive the season. Until he did. There will always be controversy with Winston, but it could die down when the next outrage of the week happens.
    Cam never got pulled into an autograph scandal. Yeah Manziel survived his, but given everything else with Winston, I think it's going to bring him down.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,410
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Until ND beats a SEC team they are considered the loser in any game against a SEC team even a SEC team that plays in the ACC

North Carolina got boat raced by East Carolina and gave ND all they could handle. I know that week to week means shit but still

I give Brian Kelly credit for finding a way to win and for improving the talent on the team. I give Brian Kelly credit as well. They can coach. Who knows, maybe ND is ready. Either way it won't be interesting

Florida State is sleep walking like defending champs do. This game will wake them up
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited October 2014

Florida State is sleep walking like defending champs do. This game will wake them up

i actually agree with this. sure they're missing a few guys from last year, and you always struggle to replace a 6'5" receiver who can run, jump and has hands. those guys are always missed when they leave.

but I agree. they have the look of a drunk guy driving a ferrari - fucking around, fucking around, fucking around, but at some point you know he's going to floor the pedal. they are getting in their own way half the time, and asleep the other half.

like the Cuse game. there was never a doubt as they did what they wanted to do when they seemed to want to do it. it was easy ... so easy that they'd get caught with their hands in their pants as Cuse was fighting to make plays.

put those same two teams under the lights in front of a real crowd for a meaningful game with something on the line, and I've no doubt that those dumbfucks would hang 100 on Cuse.

just the nature of the beast.