Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Push up the Middle and Heat...you get it.

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
edited October 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
The most encouraging aspect of Saturday's victory was the performance of our D-line. Keep in mind, cal's offense has been torching opposing defenses this season, and Goff has enjoyed plenty of comfort in the pocket.

The improved performance of Miles was nice, but remember that the coogs set an NCAA record against the cal defense.

But the D-line's performance is much more exciting. If this game was a sign of things to come...if we can generate that kind of Heat and Push, then I think this team will turn a corner. It's no secret - you win games by causing the opposing QBs to feel uneasy, which causes more premature passes and errant throws. Disrupting backfields is invaluable - get into their backfield before they can carry out their plays.

It's The Formula for winning: PUTMHFTE.

Yah, water is wet.

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited October 2014
    thanks. i'm keeping all that in mind.

yes, water is wet. I agree.

scoring touch downs helps win games too!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Shelton will be missed. Let's not forget that this is the guy who chased down and beat the ever living shit out of the guy who had a gun and shot his brother. He's the fucking man. One of my all-time favorite Huskies.

I love Shelton, but Kikaha will be the toughest guy for the team to replace next year.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Gladstone said:

Shelton will be missed. Let's not forget that this is the guy who chased down and beat the ever living shit out of the guy who had a gun and shot his brother. He's the fucking man. One of my all-time favorite Huskies.

I love Shelton, but Kikaha will be the toughest guy for the team to replace next year.
    I'll make the argument for Peters.

He removes a receiver from the offense each time he's out there. He nullified Montgomery on offense, whose biggest play was running a fly-sweep away from Peters. He has three INTs on the year and the two against Georgia State helped prevent further embarrassment. Without Peters, our defense gave up big plays to EWU and Illinois. Yes, it's true he got beat deep against EWU to start, but that's largely because he thought he had safety help over the top and King was late.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I don't get it. What are you saying, exactly?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

He removes a receiver from the offense each time he's out there. He nullified Montgomery on offense, whose biggest play was running a fly-sweep away from Peters. He has three INTs on the year and the two against Georgia State helped prevent further embarrassment. Without Peters, our defense gave up big plays to EWU and Illinois. Yes, it's true he got beat deep against EWU to start, but that's largely because he thought he had safety help over the top and King was late.
    The young DB's are good though. Jones, Baker, and King all should continue to get better. Hale has looked good in limited time. Kelly only played the first two games when everyone struggled. We don't have another true pass rusher and Kikaha is an All American type. It's just my opinion, but Kikaha types are the most valuable defensive players in college football. I feel better about the depth and options at DT, LB (Shaq), and CB than DE/OLB.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2014

Gladstone said:

The young DB's are good though. Jones, Baker, and King all should continue to get better. Hale has looked good in limited time. Kelly only played the first two games when everyone struggled. We don't have another true pass rusher and Kikaha is an All American type. It's just my opinion, but Kikaha types are the most valuable defensive players in college football. I feel better about the depth and options at DT, LB (Shaq), and CB than DE/OLB.
    Agree on the relative value of Peters, really disagree about Shelton vs Kikaha. Shelton is the best player on this team. There's plenty of edge rushers out there, but that kind of pass rush from the middle is basically unheard of.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Peters was targeted like 2 or 3 times total in the Cal game. It's a pretty good sign when one of the corners is rarely seen on camera. I'd say he's doing his job.

Kinda hard to imagine the defense not taking a big step backward next season with 4 guys likely being high draft picks. It's a good test for the staff.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Peters was targeted like 2 or 3 times total in the Cal game. It's a pretty good sign when one of the corners is rarely seen on camera. I'd say he's doing his job.

Kinda hard to imagine the defense not taking a big step backward next season with 4 guys likely being high draft picks. It's a good test for the staff.

All 4 are great. The All American hype we all laughed at doesn't look very far fetched. Shaq because of his hype and defensive TD's is probably a lock.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

chuck said:

I love Marcus Peters, he's my favorite player on the team total MKG. But what Shelton's doing is crazy.

Agree with everything you've said in this thread. Edge rushers are easier to replace. A solid interior DT who plugs the line and makes a few stops is hard enough to replace, but one who wreaks havoc like Shelton comes along once a decade at best.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Its a tough call because Shelton is the bigger loss but we have natural replacements there immediately with Qualls and Vea. Not sure how Dissly, Mathis and McGary will do replacing Kikaha.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

All 4 are great. The All American hype we all laughed at doesn't look very far fetched. Shaq because of his hype and defensive TD's is probably a lock.
    It's funny to think that, of the four stars on the team, the guy with the most hype and four defensive TDs is the one UW can most afford to lose. I think it's true though.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Its a tough call because Shelton is the bigger loss but we have natural replacements there immediately with Qualls and Vea. Not sure how Dissly, Mathis and McGary will do replacing Kikaha.

Fucking church school program scared away future heisman winning QB sacker Farria. Thanks coach. Not saying it's anyones fault but Tosh would have kept him here and Tosh loved UW. Don't twist.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Gladstone said:

As long as he's not returning a kickoff