Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,280 Swaye's Wigwam

The Notre Dame lose is just another testament to how hard it is to run the table in college football. You really really need to have stars AND more talent than your opponents, depth, and coaching, and even then you can still get upset. It easily could have been UW last year having to follow up the Oregon game with ASU. I'd also add the extra difficulty of UW having to beat Oregon twice. It's an unmentioned advantage that if the Big 10 had the Pac-12's format Michigan would have had to play Ohio State again and possibly lose.

And for all the 2023 UW/2022 TCU comparisons, keep in mind TCU lost a regular season game and it was against the best team they actually beat in the regular season.

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,948 Founders Club

Thanks Taft!

Live footage of Sark warning his team

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,529 Swaye's Wigwam

My current theory, having watched .81 football games this year, is that high profile teams are struggling against "inferior" opponents early in the season because those inferior opponents are comprised largely of journeyman players that have been playing together in the same system for a few years vs. "big time" teams starting 19 players that weren't on the roster the previous season and have only had fall workouts in which to try ironing out the kinks.

It's not a bad theory and it's going to be a possibly unexciting and clunky season and future of college football. Last year you had UW, Michigan, Texas, Alabama, Ohio State, Oregon, and Georgia who had their fair share of transfers but are nothing like this season where Georgia feels like the only team in that group to me that isn't relying on a huge chunk of transfers to carry the weight and to glue together some culture and synergy on the fly.

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,196

This is basically what college hoops have become. So, you're probably right.

Yep was going to say the college hoops comparison is a good one and this is the year I think it really takes over. Not thrilled as college hoops sucks now. You have guys playing for 3-4 schools and it's depressing to watch guys who blow up at smaller schools go play for a power school but I guess good for them. It's also just clunky and makes it feel even less worth investing in with any care than pro sports.

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,611 Standard Supporter

I agree with the college hoops comparison.

Also 2022 TCU didn't even win their fucking conference. Kansas State did. They are not the same as 2023 UW.

I actually think the 2023 season was the outlier, there were 8 teams which in any other year would have been top 4 resumes.

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,545 Swaye's Wigwam

Everyone that thinks UW last year was TCU is a huge fag.

TCU being allowed to be in the Playoff after losing their championship game was a worse offense than FSU getting left out last year.