Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How do "we" get to 10 wins

WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,250 Swaye's Wigwam

The doog is getting into my blood and I want to set a realistic goal going into the season. I'm certainly not enthused about the amount of turnover, but that doesn't means it's time to rollover and everyone overlooks how much turnover is happening at almost every progrum. Right now it's really about coaching and doing it right in the portal.

So I think 10 wins is a realistic goal and I don't think Jedd is gone with that amount of success in year one. Here's how:

Absolutely can't lose any of these games = 4-0

Weber State, Eastern Michigan, Cuog , Northwestern

Lose any of these games and the season might be over. We haven't lost at home/in Seattle since 2021. Getting to 17 straight at home will feel good. Don't let Northwestern become our Cal in the B10.

Win two of these = 6-1

at Rutgers, Michigan, at Iowa

This might be the hardest section. Going across the entire country to play fighting Schiano's on a Friday the week before a huge game is tough. Do they still have the hot tub? Michigan in Husky Stadium could be beatable if you can find some ways to score against the star-led defense and depending on how they are at QB. Following up Michigan at Iowa is dangerous. Imagine last year's ASU game, but a long ways away against a much better coached team with some talent.

Don't lose to Indiana = 7-1

Will they be greased because we stole ol Penix?

Win at home = 9-3

USC, at Penn State, UCLA, at Oregon

Hosting the LA schools in November is nice. There's a good chance Riley sucks and USC is in meltdown mode at this point. These aren't the USC teams of old that even if they underachieve are loaded with NFL guys. Other than how cursed the progrum is against UCLA, there's no reason to think UW can't beat them in mid-November in Seattle.

No one gives us a chance to win at Penn State or Oregon. Fine. But here's the deal. If you can get to 7-1, maybe even 6-2, you go into Penn State still with playoff hopes and leave it all out on the field. Same with Oregon, you go in there 9-2 there's a lot to play for. The media and Vegas incels basically spot that progrum 14 points in the rivalry now until proven otherwise so the currently line of like 19 is probably accurate and UW is a punch away from winning that game. I won't pick the win though.

Win some bowl game = 10-3

Win in San Antonio or like Vegas. Party and start hyping up for 2025 kids.

Comments