Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

New TBS overlord inaugural speech

chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam

I just gave a quick read to Swaye's introductory announcement for the Truck Stop from like 2018.

Kudos to him. That was somehow informative, ominous, welcoming, off-putting, profane, and classy all at once. You'll get no such quality from the new administration. I linked his post so that, if anyone feels the need to see how a higher level poster and moderator does things, they have that right at their fingertips.

This board moderates itself from what I've seen so I don't expect to have much to do. If it were otherwise I wouldn't have agreed to it. Maybe the odd, drunken post will need moved to the board it was meant for. Maybe you can collectively convince me that every new poster is Damone and I'll ban them. Maybe, when PGOS or someone else comes to the TBS board to announce their disdain for TBSing, I'll tell them to fuck off from a position of authority.

Aside from fuckery of that sort, I'd like my administration to be remembered as one of the greatest ever. A perfect administration. Everyone says so (say so motherfuckers, that's new rule #1).

Aside from brutal enforcement of rule #1, here are a few guidelines that should keep things orderly and reduce the need for a bloodbath of deleted posts and timeouts.

2. Just fuck off and follow the few rules this site has.

3. Tread carefully with the TBS theme. Make sure that aomeone with an IQ over 90, reading the board for the first time, can be reasonably expected to see that this is a HH schtick and nobody here is actually as foul as some like to pretend.

3. If family members of recruits show up here, only treat them like shit if they're really stupid or obnoxious and we don't care about their kid signing with UW. Don't be tone deaf either. Some PSA parents like Papa Brailsford get this place, but most won't. Don't let Hardcore Husky be the cause of someone looking elsewhere. The last thing anyone should want is to insert their influence into the recruiting process. That's for the Twatter fags.

That's about all I can think of.

I don't do Twatter hence you won't be getting cryptic tweets or any other content from X out of me. I'm trying to think about what I like to see on this board, and what I'm willing to put time into, and I'm coming up blank. I like videos and will do my best to compile recruiting highlights from commits or even recruits thought to be looking hard at UW. I like summary posts listing recruiting needs, scholarship trackers, projected landing spots, projected rankings, and other shit like that. I'll try to start making time to generate some content along these lines.

So this is going to be a trial run. If I feel like I'm doing a decent job at helping keep the board active, informative, and enjoyable I could see staying with it for a while. If I find I'm just a lazy fuck who comes here to be spoonfed info (status quo) I'll probably bow out within a couple of months.

Feel free to fuck off, but then also feel free to weigh in on what you think I should use my new powers for. I may have a few of my own ideas after the glow of this historic day wears off.

Comments