Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The OFFICIAL 2024 Hardcore Husky August Fundraiser!

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,367 Founders Club
edited August 1 in Hardcore Husky Board

Welcome to the Jedd Fisch Era of Hardcore Husky!!

It's that time of the year again!!

The Huskies reached the national championship game last season, and many think the Dawgs can go at least 3-9 this year. That starts with a win against Weber State on 8/31.

It's hard to believe, but our little site is now halfway through its 12th year! What was once a backwater of the internet grew into a site that featured 2.1 million page views last December, before returning to being a backwater of the internet by March.

Okay I'm kidding. Kind of. After Kalen DeBoer — our friendly, aw-shucks, trustworthy insurance salesman from Chehalis bolted Seattle for Tuscaloosa a mere four fucking days after UW's loss in the natty. Husky Nation suffered a gigantic, collective kick to the nads. Then like an avalanche, the team roster gave way and was gutted from both graduation and portal attrition. To the point where only Carson Breuner, Elijah Jackson and Kam Fabiculanan remained as recognizable names on the team. Also, the guy who dropped the football on the one-yard line during his would-be Pick 6 against Arizona. He's back, too. Meanwhile, all the legendary, beloved names like Penix, Odunze, Polk, J-Mac, Johnson, Fautanu, Tuli, et al. — were gone, gone GONE!

Overnight, traffic on Hardcore Husky plummeted. I've never seen anything like it in my 11+ years of running the site. A handful of posters emailed and texted their Dear John letters to basically say, "It's been fun, but I can't follow this team/college football anymore… These aren't players, they're mercenaries, etc." Many others, like @FireCohen, just stopped posting and vanished — like vagabonds at a halfway house. Several other beloved posters in the past year either died or disappeared under mysterious circumstances.

Throughout this summer, our message boards remained at 2014/2015 traffic levels. Sometimes they've been fun; others times they've been kind of dry, compared to what we've been used to. At one point, I thought about dusting off an old Facebook ad I ran a decade ago that was HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL in recruiting posters to Hardcore Husky…

But I hate Facebook and I also felt that many of us needed time to recover from last January's gut punch. Sure enough, as we've inched closer to August training camp, and as Coach Fisch and his players traveled to Indiana for UW's first B1G Media Day, old familiar names began gravitating back to the 'ol stomping grounds of Hardcore Husky.

But after another year of hearing about censorship and bannings at one of our competitor sites, it always brings me back to the raison d'etre of Hardcore Husky's existence….

So we've returned for our 12th season of Husky football. It's time for rebirth and renewal. For me personally, as well. For years I was known as the guy who interviewed former Huskies and wrote books about the team. By 2017, I had just been interviewed by the New York Times and I interviewed Ronnie Lott for ninety glorious minutes. I reached a point where I felt like there wasn't much more to do in that realm. And I was already mired in ambivalence toward certain folks in the UW athletic department and the mismanagement I had witnessed by the likes of Todd Turner, Tyrone Willingham, Mark Emmert, Steve Sarkisian and Jen Cohen. The road was a long one.

So I stopped caring, and ceased writing. A couple times since then I tried to start up again, but had zero interest and sputtered out. But for this upcoming season, I hereby pledge to write an article each Monday following the game. (Unless I'm unable to for drastic reasons). I'm going to write opinion pieces and wherever it goes, it goes.

Heading into the season, I'm also asking you regular posters to think of one person in your life who might be on our wacky wavelength. Please send them a link to Hardcore Husky. Let's do some recruiting of our own. Let's go find our next GrundleStiltzkin… our next Roaddawg… our next Cuntwaffle…

On the podcast front, JoeEDangerously, WoolleyDoog and I are buying a new recording system to create better sound quality for our episodes. We always have a lot of fun doing those shows, and those will resume on a weekly basis. Joey will have his Seinfeld references and "Angry Joe" moments, and Woolley will gives us secret updates from his "Twitter Guy".

And of course, as we don't have ads and sponsors, we depend 100% on the posters here to keep our pirate ship afloat. As always, we have three levels of sponsorship:

Standard Supporter $29

Swaye's Wigwam $129

Founders Club $200

Wigwam members will receive access to Swaye's Wigwam, which possesses boobs, guns and breakdowns of Christian Caple articles. They will also receive a HcH fridge magnet. (A favorite of @El_K)

Founders Club members will received Wam access, the fridge magnet, and the last edition of the beer glass/goblet collectibles….

You can remit payments to:

Derek Johnson

PO Box 1211

Woodinville, WA 98072

or Venmo derek-johnson-67

or PayPal….

Hopefully this will be Stalin in September…

Much thanks and gratitude to everyone, especially the mods (Nacho, Swaye and Yella), podcast co-hosts (JoeEDangerously and WoolleyDoog) and good friends like Bazey, Sweatpants General, Race Bannon, Doogles, ChuckHIV!, Laocoon, Pawz, CallMeBigErn, Doog_de_jour, RoarofThe Crowd, Haie, PurpleJ and many others…..

Last but not least, here's our infamous Dong Meter!

Comments