Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

are there any normal left leaning posters on here?

Comments

• SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,962 Founders Club

Ah, so take away all the bad stuff Mussolini and Hitler are responsible for and they're just like Trump. Just think if they'd had Twitter, we'd never have won the war

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club

Trump would have put American citizens in camps during WW2

• EverettChrisEverettChris Member Posts: 3,628
    edited July 14

… and Covid if it happens again since he didn’t the first time.

The Dem strategy is completely bonkers if you were to just drop in right now without knowing of the last 9 years as they gradually went insane and got here.

Claiming Trump is Hitler 2.0 is childishly ridiculous in any scenario yet that’s where today’s Dems have landed and that’s their strategy to get elected.

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 14

The horrors of the first term are still rampaging throughout the land. Biden just needs more tim to get his reads down

• CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,126 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 15

Trump is not Hitler.

Trump and the MAGA movement are fascistic by lots of definitions though.

Hitler is the extreme example. Orban, Putin, and Trump are Diet Fascist.

Watch this and tell me some/most of these tactics aren't core MAGA tactics and messaging.

Big Ern is anti-fascist.

edited July 15

How is Trump “fascist,” Ern?

List your reasons on what’s he did in his first term that was fascist. I don’t think you even know what fascism is as a complete ideology.

Bidensm is a lot closer to a fascism than Trump could ever be based on who his major donors are and how he’s used his DOJ to punish his political opposition, anyhow.

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam

Dude. Equating Trump to Putin is fucktarded.

Trump is a populist. Learn the difference.

• Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,240 Swaye's Wigwam

Ern is still using the same bullshit Leftist rhetoric that caused this assassination attempt and I’m supposed to unite with this moron?

• AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,712

There isn't anybody 'normal' at all anywhere on this site that I've ever heard of

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,415 Swaye's Wigwam

Biden ticks a lot more boxes in "fascist bingo" than Trump. It really isn't close.

• CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,126 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 15

Putin been at this shit for a long time, nothing is static. It has developed over time for Viktor and Vlad.

I'm talking about fascistic messaging and tactics, not the equivalence between Trump and Putin. Clearly they're at different levels.

Fascism is populism, btw. Populism isn't necessarily fascism.

Fascism is about 4 more rungs up the authoritarian ladder than populism.

Having doubts about a razor thin 2020 election with some shady math in certain areas does not make someone fascist.

Please spell out with clear examples how Trump is fascist.

• DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,264
    edited July 15

Yes. Me.

I get it, this bored is a cum fiesta for Trump and that's fine, y'all have your space and are happy with it. I don't feel like getting into it 99% of the time, because I prefer, as a Duck that we insult and threaten each other's families over football instead of politics. But I do consider myself "normal" while having some left-leaning views and not voting for Trump.

I don't think all Republicans are Nazis, far from it. I do think MAGA is a cult of personality. I think the Democratic Party is weak, pathetic and leaderless. They've thrown their weight behind a geriatric who belongs in a nursing home and it's fucking embarrassing. They could've shut this shit down in 2016 and they didn't because instead of running Bernie, they ran literally the most hated woman in politics. I knew it was a disaster right away. Bernie's also a geriatric, but unlike Biden he's not senile, and despite being even further left, I think even some of the hardliners on this board respected him for being a decent, genuine guy trying to do what he thought was the right thing. And the DNC buttfucked him. They deserved what they got.

Trump knows exactly what he's doing. He tows the line, not actually directly calling for violence but always tiptoeing around it with a wink and a nudge. I agree with Ern above on the rhetoric. I'm over the stupid Hitler comparisons to everything because it's fucking stupid, but Trump has pulled a lot of cards from the fascist playbook (on purpose) and the MAGA crowd goes even further. That's not bullshitting, that's a direct fact. There are miles of videos and studies that show it. I don't think Trump believes any of this shit. He's certainly not religious, he doesn't really give a fuck about Christian values/evangelicalism and couldn't care less about things like immigration. He's in it for himself and that's it. I think he's in the discussion as the greatest conman who ever lived. I don't think he even expected to win in 2016, but when he found out he could just say extreme shit all the time and people would lap it up, he knew he had something. That then evolved into him making his supporters believe him, and only him as the trusted source of news. Everyone else is the enemy.

I already thought he'd probably win this time if the Democrats didn't figure their shit out, and now after that shitshow of a debate and now this, he's probably got it locked unless the Dems pull the nuclear option and throw in someone out of left field who can ignite them the same way. Which they probably won't and at this point it's too late anyway. They'll run the fucking skeleton or on the 1% chance they don't, they'll run Kamala's stupid ass, they'll lose and then the Dems will all look around crying "whut happen?!?!" and proceed to do nothing about it.

I just miss the days where we cared more about binders full of women, who Bill was putting his dick in and a guy screaming YEAAAHH at a rally than this shit. This is just absurd how stupid things have gotten. I fucking hate the Democratic party as it exists today for its weakness and its misguided priorities, and watching Biden is a perpetual embarrassment. Trump, while I won't support him, doesn't scare me so much as MAGA does. MAGA scares the shit out of me with some of the policies they want to implement, and makes me genuinely worry for the future of this country if they get their way. The hypocrisy of their views when contrasted with their "Christian" ideologies is something I don't have any respect for. That's my opinion. I don't think I'm a nutjob for having that viewpoint.

Fuck off vote me if you want, but that's where I stand since PGOS asked. Thank you and DIAFF

That's great and all. This board needs more leftists pushing back on the circle jerk.

But I'm still waiting on the facts that make Trump a fascist.

Tick tick

edited July 15

but Trump has pulled a lot of cards from the fascist playbook (on purpose)

_____

Just because you post these things doesn’t make them true.

Merrick Garland is locking up Trump associates, Biden/Garland/Wray is raiding Trump’s home and then arresting him for classified documents that Joe had illegally in his possession, and Trump supporters by the hundreds while ignoring the same crimes being committed by even himself.

Such a long rant to prove in a few words I excerpted that you’re just as ridiculous with the “fascist” nonsense as any other Leftist here.

Welcome to The Tug, dumbass.

• DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,264
    edited July 15

Didn't say he was a fascist. He doesn't give a fuck about it, he's in this for the attention and nothing else. I said he pulls cards from the playbook on purpose to rile people up, for that reason. He knows his fanbase and knows exactly what to say to whip them into a frenzy. That's why MAGA bothers me more than he does, because a lot of them actually do believe that shit.