Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Predicting the 2024 Big 10 Regular Season

WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,250 Swaye's Wigwam

Before the season always liked to go through every game in the Pac-12 and project how the standings will play out week by week. Projections can come from how good or bad teams are seen overall but schedule is almost always just as important and this is how I see the season actually playing out.

1. Ohio State 11-1 (8-1) - The Buckeyes have Ryan Day but they also have the most talent, experience, and star power in the conference. They pass a tough test at Oregon and get revenge on Michigan in Columbus, but they're not good enough to run the table and get tripped up at Penn State.
  2. Michigan 10-2 (8-1) - I think Michigan is pretty flawed. I also think they have an easy schedule though and their only in-conference loss is at Ohio State.
  3. Penn State 10-2 (7-2) - Typical season for them. They're strong and talented
  4. Wisconsin 8-4 (6-3) - I see the Badgers getting better under Fickell. I think he's getting undersold because of an average year last year. They score a big upset over Oregon in November in Madison.
  5. Oregon 9-3 (6-3) - The Ducks have a decent schedule draw and running the table isn't impossible. I think they drop a few though - Ohio State at home, at Michigan, and at Wisconsin. They could still get into the playoff with this though, especially if all those game are close.
  6. Iowa 8-4 (6-3) - Being able to play defense and running the ball makes them solid. They always have more NFL talent than you think under Ferentz.
  7. USC 7-5 (6-3) - I don't think they're very good, but they have a very easy schedule in-conference.
  8. Washington 8-4 (5-4) - I think the Huskies can do better than this. I'm just not predicting it. They could also do worse.
  9. Michigan State 7-5 (4-5) - I think Smith is gonna turn this program around to at least being an above average Big 10 team every year.
  10. UCLA 6-6 (4-5) - This just feels like what UCLA is forever now.
  11. Rutgers 6-6 (4-5) - The top of a group of loser Big 10 programs that are kind of interchangeable depending on schedule.
  12. Nebraska 6-6 (3-6) - The rest of these schools I'm too lazy to break down.
  13. Indiana 6-6 (3-6)
  14. Maryland 5-7 (3-6)
  15. Minnesota 5-7 (2-7)
  16. Northwestern 5-7 (2-7)
  17. Illinois 4-8 (2-7)
  18. Purdue 3-9 (2-7)

Comments