Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UK and France election results will create catastrophe

BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,851 Standard Supporter
edited July 8 in Tug Tavern

Deficits are ridiculous and they have aging populations who no longer contribute but both winners in both countries simply promised more spending.

It is going to be interesting in the real short term. Those countries aren't exactly re-inventing themselves commercially and like the rats here, they have done a fine job creating envy of people who accomplish things and dependency on the government.

https://www.wsj.com/economy/global/crushing-debts-await-europes-new-leaders-c2b31138

New governments in Europe are being handed a poisoned chalice. They are being elected with mandates for change, but only limited means at their disposal to enact it.

Public debt is close to multidecade highs on both sides of the English Channel, where voters this week were electing new parliaments. In both France and the U.K., government spending and budget deficits as a share of gross domestic product are significantly above prepandemic levels. Economic growth remains lackluster, borrowing costs have surged, and demands on the public purse are rising, from defense to old-age pensions.

All that means fiscal restraint—less spending or higher taxes—will be necessary, economists say. But politicians haven’t prepared electorates for that. On the contrary, they have signaled bold new spending plans.

Comments

• EverettChrisEverettChris Member Posts: 3,645

If the people there want to move full speed toward Marxism, I see no reason to continue spending money on NATO to protect them from Marxism. NATO is a relic from when the Soviets had a land army to be feared instead of a bunch of middle-aged men at a stalemate with Ukrainian conscripts.

Let these countries spend their own money on building up their own defense instead of relying on the USA as an ally and then mocking us for universal healthcare, long vacations, and other things that are possible when big brother USA has your back militarily.

• RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,667 Founders Club

There are few faithful here (myself included) but I try from time to time and the call for peace is greater than I have ever seen. From what visionaries (both lay and clergy) have said and written for centuries, the messages are more urgent than ever. I'm sorry for bringing it up but your 2 examples here are the exact 2 countries which were recently described as having been destroyed. Prayer can mitigate but not stop what is coming. Whether that's years, decades or a few more centuries, it's coming. Within the mystical realm of the Catholic church (not taught as catechism), there is something called the 3 Days of Darkness. No need to research it if you don't care but if one of the 2 warnings happen and you remember this post, think hard about making amends. First, the reports I wrote about a few weeks back mentioned something about France declaring war against Russia. This is not directly related to the 3DoD and it doesn't make sense but if it happens, I will start to think things are in motion. The 3 DoD seems to be akin to the 2nd coming of Christ and a rebirth of the Earth. 2/3 of the planet's population will be eliminated and those who remain will enjoy "Heaven on Earth" for something like 1,000 years. If this comes to pass, there will be 2 great warnings. I can't remember the order but one will be a permanent sign in the sky. It will be explained away by governments and science. We're already being conditioned by talking points of deep fakes, AI, Project Blue Beam and aliens, (have any of you noticed Tucker has stopped talking about aliens)? He explained why in his interview with Sean Ryan. The 2nd will be devasting for many and they'll die out of despair immediately. This was referred to as the Great Warning and I believe it takes place 1 year before the 3 DoD. All time stops (no movement anywhere) and the state of the soul is revealed to all. This too will be explained away. If and when the actual 3 DoD come, it's Hell on earth and like the stories of Lot's family, you won't survive seeing or witnessing it. I guess learning how to make it through this event won't matter if either warning doesn't happen but if one does in your lifetime, research what I just wrote about and good luck. Again, the only reason I'm writing about this is because what is happening in France and the UK right now. It seems odd but both are deteriorating at a rapid pace. France is dead broke and civil unrest is at an extreme. It's not out of the realm of possibility, they could be the 1st to officially declare war against Russia and the dominoes begin to tumble.

• HuskyBuckHuskyBuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,741 Swaye's Wigwam

I mean….you guys don't even know how to beat 3% inflation, i'm not sure why any of you would be the experts on other countries' finances, especially EverettChris. That dude wouldn't know how to make $.86 from change in his pocket.

• EverettChrisEverettChris Member Posts: 3,645

Spaz is glitching again.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,576 Founders Club
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,255 Swaye's Wigwam

3.5% growing off of 7% is very different than 3.5% growing off of a decade of 2%.

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,042 Founders Club

Compounding interest is a difficult subject for economic scholars like HB.

edited July 9

Again….some of you just can't grasp the concept of free money for that entire decade set the stage for inflation to take off at some point. (Especially Dumb as Dirt EverettChris).

But no matter….I defeated inflation for you guys in a matter of months. We should all be doing really well right? Since "everyone knew" about the stocks I picked?

And bravo to the UK and France for turning back the crazy far right lunatics of those countries. There are people on this board that would advocate for what Liz Truss tried to do in the UK and conveniently ignoring the results of her aggressive tax cutting policy.

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,183 Standard Supporter
    edited July 9

I'm doing well. None of that is because of your dumb ass. I'm in a different position than most Americans. I want them to do well. You non-Americans I couldn't give two shits about. We;ll sort that out later when your crew pulls some more stunts.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,576 Founders Club

Your calculator is under selling it by 5% if you just look at the CPI index.

If you have to sell your home to eat it doesn't work out well for people.

lol, literally no one I know has had to do this. Maybe you do, but I've also seen how your mind works on this board so it doesnt surprise me.

Even my conservative friends who bitch about the economy like you do also brag about the vacations they take and how theyre killing it at work (sort of like you guys as well, after I prod you into revealing this information).

The economy is fine.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Guys if you're gonna arbitrarily bring up numbers when the numbers don't work your way, you might as well invite @Doog_Bot into this discussion. He'll gladly make up fake numbers for you to cite and post on X.

Which numbers are made up?

I don't need to. But all over the country there are people that are really struggling. You think that's funny and they should die off while you vote for people allowing the 12+ million illegal criminals into our country and giving them free healthcare, housing, full SS benefits and payments, food stamps etc. setc. etc. You're the problem!

No no no, if you're defining me as the problem, you're mistaken. The red states are getting a great deal over someone like me who's contributing way more than the median person in tax dollars. I think YOURE the problem flip or flop, who can't beat 3% inflation.