Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Thoughts From the Weekend

MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
I came 4 times yesterday... first time that's happened since freshman year in college. My DVR was literally spewing black smoke by the time I could sit back alone in my parents' basement with my Wal-Mart sized goblet of wine and work through a shit load of interesting games.

First, the easy stuff... who knew the collective Missassissiiippiippii skools would become the epicenter of colege futbol power? Not me... probably Fleenor and Aandy did though. Of course, as I mentioned last week, this is the fucking weirdest college football season I remember.

Sark is who we thought he is... sloppy. His comments to the sideline reporter (who he probably tried to bang after the game) about being a second half team actually made me laugh out loud. I thought to myself, "Does this guy even have a clue who he is?". What second half in 5 years could he have possibly been referring to? Oh, you mean like Oregon State? ;) (Thanks Kim!).

Sprott Shaw is who we thought he is... Although Notre Dame is ranked 9, I can't see it... Stanford should have put a plunger in them. It didn't happen because their defensive secondary has become a complete clown show. Hogan's no Andrew Luck, but nobody expected that. He should be serviceable and Montgomery is a beast, and the o-line is always ready to rumble, but somehow it doesn't work. Oh well, they gave Sark the greatest win of his career so far and the USC faithful will notice that win won't look as hot within a few weeks.

I would, however to suggest that Michigan State is pretty much what we used to be on a lot of levels. They are awesome on defense, their stadium kinda reminds me of Husky Stadium and there's just something I like about that program. I really wish Woody and the other marketing-tards in the UW athletic department would mimic Michigan State's uniforms instead of Oregon's. Imagine if we simply swapped out the colors of MSU and had a nice deep purple jersey with big block numbers and solid pants like that... I guess the kids don't like 'em... not sure what kids they get at MSU that apparently don't care, or even buy into tradition, but someone said that once, so it must be true.

Wine of the week... I went with a premium wine this week... Line 39 from the Sonoma Valley area. It has a screw cap and a killer pale blue with bright orange label. Costs a lot more than we usually drink (it's $6.99), but tastes pretty good when paired with Pirate's Booty.

See you next week when I don't comment on the Dawgs/Cal game because I don't have Pac12 Networks.

Comments