Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky Podcast: The Universe won't let UW have a Disastrous Season

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,444 Swaye's Wigwam

This Big Ten Ted guy is a clown too

"Is this the BEST Oregon team in program history?" Jesus fucking Christ dude, really?

Dillon Gabriel who never won anything at Oklahoma, Tez "Troy" Johnson and Jordan James?

They'll perhaps be in that tier with Penn St or maybe Wisconsin/Michigan, and underneath Ohio State by a decent margin.

Oregon will beat Washington though. Lanning just needs that win and like 7 others this year to get the lifetime contract and then he can go choke on cigars with Rich Brooks and ngaf anymore.

• biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,073

This feels like major hopium.

Washington has 3 combined losses against Michigan and Penn St and hasn't lost to any of these other teams in ~15 years. But all the sudden this is a murderer's row conference?

And then we plucked one of the most sought after staffs while all their coaches are limp dicks that say stupid shit like "the punt is the most important play in all of football"

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,280 Swaye's Wigwam

The universe won't?

I must be living in the wrong universe

Yeah, and it's gotten worse with Wilner because he clearly hates Fisch for what he did to Arizona.

If you're running KJR (whichever retard that is), how can you with a straight face re-up this butthurt idiot when you're the official station of UW football?

And Softy has not once called him out on any of it, when he can see all of this on Twitter?

It's fucking embarrassing.

• JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,494 Founders Club

Greatest. Team. Ever. @haie

• SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 939

I’m not as bullish on UW as you guys after seeing the spring game and getting little/no help in the May portal. Apple Cup will be telling but I think it’s a toss up right now. Should still make a bowl with the schedule

This was supposed to be a rebuilding year for WSU even before the conference disintegrated, and even without ward leaving. But I don't follow what's going on w their program at all. Just some opposing coach's comments in the Phil Steele magazine going into last year.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,151 Founders Club

Am I bullish? I think I said if they go 6-6 I would consider that a win. Woolley said 10-2 with losses to Penn State and Oregon

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,160 Swaye's Wigwam

A lot to unpack here boys. 10-2 to me seems like absolute best case scenario. I think getting to 9 in the regular season with the chance to get to 10 wins with a bowl game is doable though and would be a great season. I think the Michigan/at Iowa back-to-back will be hard to get through without a loss then yeah the two November road games.

Having the program bottom out for the fourth time in 20 years just seems impossible. The feeling of January already kind of felt like bottoming out though at least spiritually.

I made rosters for next year's opponents for UW on an old NCAA football game and I was shocked at how bad WSU's roster looks next year. I legit barely have recognition for almost any player. They could be in trouble and that program feels dead.

The best thing going for Oregon might be it feels like not a very strong year up top in college football, especially in the Big 10 and it's a bad bad year for QBs. Ohio State and Georgia feel like the only teams top teams which feel like they're national title caliber and OSU is still coached by beard dye boy, could be just ok at QB again and Georgia doesn't look to me like they will be as good as they're teams that won natty's recently. So, Oregon could have at least a good playoff run if they just fulfill their potential.

It's probably been Oregon's best year ever though in the offseason the guys replacing really good players are going to actually be better based on not much thing they do. It's really on the media and cfb Twitter losers to check that shit but they never will.

If you have a really good staff that didn't just get lucky at Arizona then 8-9 regular season not including a mediocre/decent bowl win should be the expectation.

Spring games are glorified 7 on 7's and not much more. And Rogers/Hunter/Boston/Jackson is a pretty good setup for that even.

• MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,482 Swaye's Wigwam

The Apple Cup is not a toss up, unless you meant the season is a toss up.

• JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,494 Founders Club

About 70% chance we? win the Apple Cup

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,160 Swaye's Wigwam

Lose to the Coug and we are in for a very long season. They could easily be the third-worst team on the schedule. Though, I guess we should have lost to them last year with the second most stacked team in Husky history so who knows.

I keep forgetting to mentioned I'm excited to discover the level of greased up or not greased up the Big 10 programs will be. The Pac-12 was to where it felt borderline like UW was a rivalry game to everyone except Colorado and maybe Arizona. Having played in the natty last year might put a target on their back though.

• dtddtd Member Posts: 4,373 Standard Supporter

Fuck the universe!

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,065
    edited June 21

Is it damnit, or dammit?

I have UW at 7 regular season wins. I think we? will suck on the road.