Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Food you dislike

huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,084
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam

Based on @YellowSnow dislike for pizza toppings, thought a thread about what people hate/dislike would be nice. My list is below.

Fresh uncooked tomato. Put it in a sauce or cooked I'm good.

Onion - I understand it's unavoidable, and if its fine and well cooked I get buy. That said don't put it on my burger, pizza, etc. Feel it overpowers everything.

most Sushi - Possibly its the cold and texture of the fish. I have managed tuna but I avoid it. The threat for worms also scares the shit out of me.

Olives - I can really only tolerate them on pizza, and that's if they are lightly on the pizza. I've tried to like them dozens of times but I just cant.

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,527
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited January 30

Unless in salsa, raw tomatoes make me gag. I couldn't eat a whole one if you paid me $1,000. Raw fish and oysters, hard pass, although seared tuna is fine. I only eat cooked sushi if forced to have it with the wife.

While I don't dislike Chinese food, I think it's the cheapest shit Asian cuisine there is and would never willingly choose to buy it. I would rather eat McDonalds or Taco Bell.

Also, no weird crap like cow tongue tacos or pigs feet.

And IFL olives. I can eat them by the jar.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

With salsa, well the chunky variety, I'm a dipper, not a scooper. Legit I keep telling myself everyone loves olives, so I try, and I just can't. Shell fish is an issue for a lot of folks. I'm kind of indifferent to it, and honestly not that exposed to it.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mayonaise

Anything made with Mayonnaise

American cheese/Velveeta

White bread

Steamer clams or muscles

Oysters unless wrapped in bacon and grilled to crispy perfection.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 30

PM to all my fucking haters…

There are only 2 foods items that I really dislike: Mushrooms (fuck off fungus lovers) and oysters on the half shell ( I eat them once a year to be tuff)

Everything else…

Peppers - love the in chili and soups and raw. The don't go on pizza.

Olives - love them in martinis and as anti pasta. They don't go on pizza.

Onions - love them on burgers, in all my soups and chilis and a million other applications. They don't go on pizza.

Tomatoes - love them in salads and eating raw. They don't go on pizza and I don't love them on burger.

Mayo - it's a bonding agent for tuna fish, eggs, etc. Don't like it on a burger.

Shellfish - I eat them all except raw oysters.

Sushi - I eat it all except octopus

Asparagus and Brussel Sprouts - some of my favorites.

• Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,100
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

Green beans. Parents made me eat them. Would swallow them whole with a swig of milk. Then they stopped serving them and I thanked them for it

Mushrooms. If they are diced super small, then OK. But none of this gum all sized or larger mushrooms in anything.

Yellow mustard. Just gross

Tomatoes. They need to be diced smaller as well, like pico de galo sized chunks. None of that whole slice on a burger. Just messy and gross.

steak with a lot of fat/ marbling. Gross. People say that is where the flavor is, but to me it is just chewy grossness. Give me the leanest cut of meat possible

White bread of the Wonder bread variety. Cheap white bread tastes like flower and water baked together. I will eat sourdough all day long.

Peppers. If they are cut up small, I will eat them. But big ass chunks will be picked through

Squash and food like squash.

Most soup. Especially tomato soup. Soup used in recipes is ok, but a bowl of soup is not for me. Chowder all day long though.

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,150
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited January 30

One good makes me gag. Sweet relish. That’s about it. I wish I liked it but for whatever reason even typing this I am getting nauseated

• Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,256
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I hated all vegetables as a kid, and got away with it because my Pops ran a quiet dinner table. I was a finicky little prick.

My uncle was in charge of getting me "worldly" food-wise…at 13, first pizza, under duress…escargot, oysters, clams, calamari. Mexican food. At ballgames, loaded hot dogs. BBQ's, he fixed my burger. Later, scotch, bourbon, G&Ts, dirty martinis. It worked. Did not eat a salad until college.

My list is short…

Brussel sprouts…this not so firm, because I think my initial foray lacked proper prep, and everyone seems to rave about them

Liver and Onions: My dad loved it, and my football corch loved it too (Damn Texans). Every Thursday night, for four years, bigger, faster, stronger, yecccch…

Pickles / olives…I will eat them, but prefer not to. I have 3 female cousins (no pics) that love them, and on Christmas and Thanksgiving, the adults put in a "Rule of 3" for them…3 apiece, one time only, because they would clean it out. They would load up my plate with them (I was exempt), and pick them off as we ate.

Edit: This made me think of the first time, at age 12, I saw my mom make Ragu from scratch, for my favorite…spaghetti. "WHY ARE YOU PUTTING TOMATOES IN THERE?!?!"…"Mushrooms? Are you crazy?" She busted my balls for years about that.

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,939
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m not taking that challenge but I’d love to try your meat sometime.

• Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,819
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fart flower (aka cauliflower, aka Hitler Fruit).

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Get a room you two.

Take pics. Share.

I don't get the hate for Lunchables. I mean its like charcutier boards for kids. Also if you got the one with the peanut butter cup for desert, thats a win win.

• Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,819
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 31

I could live off mushroom, green pepper, olive, and onion pizza. Younger me would have gagged, but love that these days.

I used to agree about tomato on burger, and still mostly do, but absolutely love garden ripe tomato slice on burger. Restaurant stale tomato, not so much.

I used to hate tomatoes but being a gardener, I now love them, but only fresh off the vine.

The older I get, the more tolerant I get to foods. 5 years ago avocados and guacamole would have made list. Now I like it. Cauliflower is still awful, farty, and evil though.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

if he can’t pick up on the trying your meat comment I don’t know what else to tell you… short of sexting dick pics I’m all out of moves.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Those row boat guyz have a lot of stamina. It may take a few hundred thousand meters to break him down.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

What are peoples thoughts on cantaloupe? I guess while we're at it, honeydew? These showing up as 90% of your side of fruit is a good sign the restaurant you're eating at is a poor. I still eat it but hated them when I was young.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,918
    Founders Club

I fucking hate any goddamn vegetarian or vegan meat substitute. Let’s start there.

I once ordered field roast chili at Naked City Brewing not knowing what it was and after getting it, Mrs Nacho says I’m surprised you ordered the vegetarian chili. I almost threw it off the table.

Tomoatoes are hit and miss with me. I’ll eat them in a salad, I’ll eat a sliced tomato with a little salt and will snack on the little grape tomatoes but I fucking hate whole tomatoes cooked in big chunks in soup, chili or pasta sauce. Mrs Nacho is under strict orders not to put large tomatoes in those dishes and if she absolutely has to, she knows to warn me in advance.

I don’t like mixing fruits and desert. Chocolate covered strawberries? Get the fuck outta here with that shit. Apple pie? Go fuck yourself. Cherries on a sundae? Fuck off.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m learning a lot about you people on this thread and none of it is good.

I’ll put anything in my mouth at least once.